Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Estellios Deatras
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Is there really no way to convert a FC house to a private house without demolishing and repurchasing the land?

I've been friends with our neighbors in our housing area for a long time. Their FC is down to 2, and since we have been doing a lot of stuff with them lately they have been thinking of joining our FC. Unfortunately their own FC needs to be disbanded before they can join ours, which includes outright destroying their house and all the money and effort they put into setting it up. It's pretty much just someone having to pay extra money to join another FC since they would be keeping ownership of the plot. You figure that you would be able to just make a FC house into a private one once the FC is down to 1 member and all private rooms are demolished.

I know the situation could just stay the same as it is now and function the same way but I know they won't feel like they are completely part of the group until we are all in the same FC together, not to mention stuff like FC buffs wouldn't benefit them either. Just seems like these 2 are being punished for wanting to keep their plot of land they have grown attached to.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    Is there really no way to convert a FC house to a private house without demolishing and repurchasing the land?
    Nope, it has to be demolished. What they could do is put an alt in charge of their current fc if one of them has that account and keep it that way, or let it sit for 45 days without entering it (80% gil back) then snag it again. If using an alt to let it sit out the 45 day period, they may want to pick up the furniture on their main character so it doesn't go to the alt.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fenix Down
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    If they're so worried about house flipping, why don't they just put some kind of timer on it? For example, you can't exchange ownership of the house unless you've owned it and had a house on the plot for 6 months or a year? If you want to get rid of the house sooner than that, then you would be forced to relinquish it the same way as we currently do. I think most people legitimately selling their houses have probably owned them for awhile. I'd think it's rare for someone to get a house, something you really have to work for these days, just to decide a month later they don't want it anymore.

This would likely discourage house flippers for a few reasons. People who want to flip houses probably don't want to wait months on end just to turn a profit - plus they would need to remember to visit the plot so as not to lose it, which may be annoying especially if they have several alts in use for this practice. People who want to buy houses would be less likely to buy from someone who can't transfer ownership due to having to pay twice and the lack of security. I know a lot of people see buying an FC with a house as better, but not everyone wants to do it that way, especially if they're already in an FC.

Of course there would still be people doing it, but there's little stopping them from doing it now as it is. At least this will keep people who just desperately want a house a little bit safer and less screwed over since they won't have to pay twice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mikki; 09-06-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Estellios Deatras
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Nope, it has to be demolished. What they could do is put an alt in charge of their current fc if one of them has that account and keep it that way, or let it sit for 45 days without entering it (80% gil back) then snag it again. If using an alt to let it sit out the 45 day period, they may want to pick up the furniture on their main character so it doesn't go to the alt.
    That really stinks. Chances are it's just going to get poached.

Thank you for the info though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirarara View Post
    As this point the prevention against house flipping is pretty much failed already.
    Nobody gets in trouble if nobody wants to report it. :\
    If you see something, say something!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    That really stinks. Chances are it's just going to get poached.

Thank you for the info though.
    They should get a more exact notification as to the expiration (as well as a timer for whoever still has house access towards the end) so they can can't out in front of the house during that period. Unless they tell anyone, there's nothing that shows the house is/will be available until it actually is demolished.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Nobody gets in trouble if nobody wants to report it. :\
    If you see something, say something!
    Sadly from experience nobody gets in trouble either. I've been reporting one person for months and they're still consistantly flipping plots. At best the GMs might ask them to stop posting on PF. They've now built up alts on what appears to be multiple accounts or they have an accomplice allowing them to buy up a ton of plots to flip. Another person whom I thought stopped has just started actively reselling plots again, just not posting on PF that I've seen. Getting tired of wasting my time if the staff either doesn't see it as a problem (despite asking multiple times they won't respond to me on this) or there are no meaningful (or any for that matter) repercussions for doing so.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3