Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Greetings,

We have few more updates to share regarding the plans for PvP moving forward.

Regarding PvP Actions
    Prior to Patch 4.0, it was difficult to make modifications to actions for the sake of PvP balancing, as it would also have an effect on PvE. Now that this has become more flexible with the separation of PvP and PvE actions, we will begin to modify these actions, skills, and spells as necessary, including the possibility of completely replacing actions. However, please keep in mind that due to the development process, it may take some time for feedback to be reflected in-game. In the past, we did not make modifications to actions during a PvP season, largely due to the reasons we just mentioned, but we will be making modifications during PvP seasons in the future.

PvP in Patch 4.1
    In Patch 4.1, a new large-scale PvP mode will be implemented. Stay tuned for details on this! Also, as we mentioned previously, data center-wide custom matches will be implemented.

As always, we thank you for your feedback, and ask you to continue to share it with us so we can make PvP better together!
    (19)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    *cough*giveMCHbackGaussRoundandRicochet*cough*

On a more serious note though, this is very good news to receive, as many long-time PvPers feel like the skills were pruned entirely too much. It's almost unanimous among us that we feel Sprint should not be optional, nor take up an additional skill slot, and while I can't speak for BRDs, MCH's MP restoring "Report" skill has entirely too long a cooldown for how little it offers, and generally seems unavailable whenever it's really needed.

ASTs have largely reported that Deorbit is of limited use in the Feast, and they would be better served with yet another skill perhaps. Red Mage seems to underperform in both Frontlines and the Feast, especially in that their burst damage requires them to go into melee range where they're far too prone for the amount of HP they have.

A consensus among members of the major PvP Discord is that ranged jobs are a bit too low on HP at 10K, which in the Feast makes sharing the responsibility of picking up medals a major liability for them. And as one of the more recent threads states, the medal system may perhaps need adjustment to bring it more reasonably in mind with the current PvP changes. As it stands, tanks are no longer able to safely carry up to 4 stacks of medals where they once could.

There's been a lot of discussion on changes we'd like to see, and I know I couldn't relay them all. I hope others will, or at least funnel them to me to share. And we REALLY appreciate the more proactive approach in letting us know (at least) that balance changes are coming hopefully soon.
    (0)
    Last edited by ThirdChild_ZKI; 08-24-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cynric Caliburn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    A second dev post, about PvP? In no long length of time from the last one? What is this the twilight zone? Either way I'm glad to be here. Please continue giving us updates.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Keelah Yu
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    *achooo* Add skills dont just replace them * achoo* more variety *achoo* excuse me...heheh

But seriously, shout out to Zhexos for giving us a ray of hope and communicating with us!! ^__^
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Morgana Fujiwara
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Giving back Warrior's thrill of war and the stun move would be a nice start, imo.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Minera Radisky
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Some balance news is great, but is there any chance of re-implementing a 4 man queue or allowing larger groups to queue for the 8v8 mode? I'd really love to PvP with some friends but being restricted to frontlines only is somewhat boring.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atreus Auditore
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    As always, we thank you for your feedback, and ask you to continue to share it with us so we can make PvP better together!
    Nerf Cover, buff Clemency please and thank you!
    (0)
    Team Hello First Time - FanFest 2016

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Bolt needs to be automatic for everyone. There is 0 reason we should have to waste 1 of our 2 skills on this (2 skills is also too few IMO).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Give Red Mage more HP! We're like wet tissue paper in PVP!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Give Red Mage more HP! We're like wet tissue paper in PVP!
    Umm, why should RDM be the only ranged job to get more HP? BLM, SMN, BRD and MCH all have the same HP as RDM.
    (0)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast