Player
    Character
    Sir Sparkles
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Major FPS Drop Issue

Hi ^^ After Recently Updating my Windows to the New Creator Update......FF14's Fps has Dropped to 5 FPS in High (what I usually run)....and 10 in Standard. When I play Other Games Like HoTS and Overwatch and Diablo 3.....they all Run Perfectly fine x.x Save me q.q
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    heh maybe disable the creators update somehow. Seems to slow down all games to an extent. I'd even say that they are slowing down diablo 3 and starcraft II but those don't require huge gpu power or anything, so the slowdown in those isn't enough for you to notice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kinkoz Sagan
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    As far as I know, the Creator update has caused all sorts of issues with a bunch of different games – FFXIV among them.

I do believe the solution to this problem was removing the Creator update and never applying it again, but that might've changed from the last time I've heard about it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    The creators update has been a massive problem for gamers it's quite notorious for it.

Issues with drivers, incompatibility with 5.1 sound. Massive Memory leeks. Very High cpu usage slowing everything down Even when system is idle a lot of people are seeing 80-100%cpu load. Even windows itself and its boot times. It's killed a he'll of a lot of people's pcs and made them unusable. You can find hundreds of thousands of things about it just searching Google.

I don't know if they've fixed any of these issues at all because like many people I reinstalled windows and disabled windows update via regedit and simply haven't tried to install it again.

Edit:- an older post I made with a few links last time someone asked about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    I think your version of Windows 10 (1703) is the creators update. Which is something loads of gamers have been having issues with and is quite notoriously broken. This then then leads me to suspect that is the issue not your graphics drivers at all.

The windows 10 creators update killed a lot of peoples systems, used abnormally large amounts of cpu usuage. excessively long start up times, memory leeks. killed gamepads, sound devices, ultra latency and low fps in games.. All kinds of issues making many peoples systems completely unusuable.

few links on the subject for you to read:-
    G-Force Forums ,
    Reddit and
    Superuser
    there's literally thouaands more to be found on google including Steam, Ea even the WoW forums..

What many people have done myself included is format our systems reinstall an earlier windows build and disable windows update entirely. but you'll probably see a lot of people saying they've done this if you read through those links and search around on google
    (1)
    Last edited by Dzian; 08-13-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Umbreon Nightshade
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Make sure your system and drivers are updated.
    Check Event Viewer for any related errors.
    Maybe run a SFC scan just in case something went wrong during the update.

I didn't have any issues with the creators update other then the game mode not activating but that was a easy fix, however I do play on a very minimalistic system.
    (0)