Character
    Aeryal Delauney
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Tales of adventure advice

Hello all,

I am a returning player that played through ARR, and now want to play on a different server with friends. Rather than transfer my 50 monk I paid for a job boost book and the ARR tales of adventure to get that toon back to where I was when I left. There are just so many quests, and so much to do it's a bit overwhelming. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a catch up guide, or list out some essentials for what I should be doing before continuing with the Heavens Ward main quest line? Such as I notice I am the bottom rank in my GC, do I need to be ranking up that so I can buy an apartment? I see purple background quest markers all over the place, do I need to do all of those to unlock various things? Thank you so much for any help, excited to get back into FF14!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    Well to rank up in your Grand Company you need Seals for the respective Grand Company you joined to get rank promotions. Doing Blue Quests will get those in the begininning. Doing your daily leveling roulette will get you seals later on. At a certain level you can even donate your old equipment to the grand company to get seals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Well you didn't really got back to where you left off, if you boosted your character to 60 and then used the MSQ unlock potion, and instead of using the ARR and HW MSQ unlock, that would have gotten you to the SB content, you just did the ARR one, meaning now you have a level 60 character and have to do the whole MSQ as well as other quests. Congratulations lol. On a serious note, you have to do the blue quests that are the ones, that will unlock dungeons and other things in the area, for example aether currents, you would need to fly in those area's later on. That is for HW as well as SB. ARR don't have flying.

All the dungeons, that have been opened by your potion, you will have to run, because they are not marked as completed, before you'll be able to pick up a new dungeon/trial etc. That would be mandatory later on for your actual story to process.

Dungeons that have been part of the MSQ obviously should be marked as completed, but I wouldn't count on it, so take a look at your duty finder and see if you have the little green mark on the top of the screen, for every old ARR dungeon.

Then after that follow the MSQ as well as the blue side quests, and while you're doing that, you can get seals anyway and upgrade your company level, you will need that later on for crafting/material purchases/gear trades etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    If they played through ARR once and left before HW, then bought the jump potion to skip ARR but not HW, then they essentially did get back to where they left(plus or minus whatever actual 2.x patch they were on at the time).

So if you bought the lvl 60 job boost, i believe that comes with a full set of gear. So youre set for equipment until you get into SB(and by then youll be back in the swing of things and should have a good idea of what to do). Leveling your GC rank just takes a lot of seals. Check your company hunt log. If it isnt marked as cleared(and i dont think it should be), that will give you a good head start. One quick way to get some is to level up crafting/gathering classes and do the daily seal turn in. Starts with low numbers, but it grows pretty fast.

So for catching up, id run a couple of dungeons to get a feel for your character again. Go with your friends if you can(they understand better then anyone that youre temporarily "new"). Any quests with the blue/purple background and the plus sign on them are worth doing, as they unlock extra features of the game. At your point in the story, itll be optional dungeons and raids mostly. Do them if you like. So far none of the "optional" dungeons have been re-used in the actual story(though several have been re-used as even harder optional dungeons), so they all remain optional. And i think Luna is wrong on one regard: whether you go back and clear any optional dungeons or not, when the story sends you to the next dungeon you should have problem proceeding.

So you have your gear, you can re-acquaint yourself with your moves easily enough. At that point, id spend a little time with the "Unending Journey" in your inn room to see some of the story you skipped(this may be a short or a long visit, depending on how far you originally got into the astral era and how in depth you decide to go). Then? Go to CCH, and pick the MSQ back up in a small room near the Fortemps building.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurogane Canti
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Well, for me I just boosted to 60 DRK and did the whole MSQ from ARR to SB, cuz why not, there isn't much of a difference or a need to do anything where you are now. you have the choice of rushing the MSQ up to SB or just take your time and do what ever you want to do. I recommend the later since I rushed through and honestly got bored pretty quickly once i beat SB.

now I'm just doing the same High tier Trials and selling stuff on MB :U
    (0)
    Last edited by KuroganeDusk; 08-14-2017 at 06:08 AM.