Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Joyous Blossom
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Protip: If you don't like the way the market is, level a crafter and make things.
    I moved here the minute Stormblood came out and I have been swimming in money since. Hell, my SO and I moved here at the same time and by the time 4.1 came out he had the cash to buy up three mansions. (But y'know...he didn't...because he's not an asshole. But that's another rant for another day.)

Point is, if you work hard, you get rewarded. That's how things work.
    (1)
    Want to watch easy-to-understand lore videos with crappy doodles and my meme-tier microphone quality?
    Youtube @ Extremely Casual, baby.

Player
    Character
    Naus Prime
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Doge just sold for 100,000,000.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sindele Actoria
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    In reality, Mateus' market is actually healthier than most servers, because of a relative lack of hyper-aggressive race-to-the-bottom undercutting. Prices aren't just high on the new flavor of the month, they're high largely across the board, which promotes the flow of gil rather than concentration. Deflation is always a bigger evil than inflation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aeris Sturmgardt
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindele View Post
    In reality, Mateus' market is actually healthier than most servers, because of a relative lack of hyper-aggressive race-to-the-bottom undercutting. Prices aren't just high on the new flavor of the month, they're high largely across the board, which promotes the flow of gil rather than concentration. Deflation is always a bigger evil than inflation.
    This is EXACTLY where the marketboard is now people are killing the economy materials and most items are worthless now, people have no clue how to sell items, one day somethings worth 4 - 5k per the next you have people putting in and flooding items for 340gil per. Mateus' market is dead, and before any one says there is worse, you are right but Mateus is in the top 5 of worst and every one has something in common...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    General Bilk
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    I came to Mateus from Balmung when SB first came out not only for the marketboard but because of available housing. I saw the appeal of being able to make some real gil on Mateus provided that you're patient enough because it really is a seller's market but it's a SLOW market. My rule of thumb is not to undercut but to look at selling history and taking averages. I tried to start a crafting linkshell which didn't go over too well because there really was no activity with the handful of members who were on it. I think it's because I have found that those who craft end up being self-sufficient and don't need any help or care to talk about it or craft to make money. At least this is what I have found so far. Oh and selling stacks of 99? yeah I do not do that. I look at recipes and sell in stacks of what the general recipes require. I would rather pay a larger amount per item if it is just one item then pay a lower amount per item if it is in a stack of 99.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2