Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53

How do I buy an apartment

How do I buy one..and how much do they cost. I only have 400k funds at the moment . So its possible I cannot even afford one. But I don't even know the procedure.
    (0)

You first need to make sure your grand company rank is high enough. Go to residential area and to the apartment front desk. The Apartment Caretaker npc there has a info dialog you can find the info in the list of choices:

Pasted from my chatlog in game:
    [11:15 a.m.]Apartment Caretaker: Welcome to Lily Hills Apartments! Whether you've come with an eye to buy or simply a question to ask, my services are at your disposal.

[Choose "Purchasing an apartment"]

[11:15 a.m.]Apartments are available for 500,000 gil. Before you can purchase an apartment, however, you must first attain level 50 in a single class.

[11:15 a.m.]Furthermore, you must hold a rank of second lieutenant or above in one of the Grand Companies.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    Thank you for the reply. I am only a Sergeant First Class. Looks like I have a little bit more to go to qualify.
    (0)

Good luck Its not too hard to rank up.
    (0)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    And it sounds like youve got most of the funds you need too. Saving up another hundred k and buying a rank up or two shouldnt take too long. Then pick the location you like(you can buy in any city, regardless of which one is your "home" city or which GC you belong to) and youre set.
    (0)