Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dregenfox View Post
    It's really not necessary for SCH to hardcast that many heals and still keep up with healing. I also get like 25% overheal compared to WHM's 35% usually, so we're not really that far off.
    Maybe it's because I primarily do pugging so I can't account for the skill of the other healer as well as some other party members, but if I abstained from hardcasting a lot in ex/savage we would die. Like literally forget about even getting the boss to 50% never mind killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyriah View Post
    Unfair or not, you can't do what you can't do.
    You're missing the point. The point I'm making is that if you use the Aetherflow mechanic for more than just mana management you can do more with sch. Such as on demand ogcd burst healing, which is sometimes exactly what the party needs. Emergency tactics is handy but it takes .5 seconds for the game to realise you have clicked it and unless you swiftcast you also have to add in casting time. Obviously you can hardcast in advance if you know when the damage is going to hit, but sometimes you need to fit as much healing as you can in the few gcds you have to work with for a particular mechanic and the Aetherflow heals can be excellent for that.

And the other point I'm making is it's unfair on the other healer to force them to work harder if you can find the room to use Aetherflow for more than just mana management but choose not to. Our role is called healer, not mana hoarder.

Despite the significant drop in mana efficiency sch has gotten from HW to SB, I can still make it work and unless I have to burn loads of mana on ressing I still have enough mana to heal properly without using Aetherflow stacks primarily for mana management. It's just a bit disheartening to see whms consistently on very high mana even though they're certainly not slacking at all
    (1)
    Last edited by Penthea; 08-21-2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: phrasing

Player
    Character
    Vayne Darkbringer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I think probably the best way to handle the Fey Gauge is to rename it to the Overflow Gauge, have it working the way it currently is and then rework Aetherpact. What it would do is grant the Fairy a massive buff to its abilities, and grant it access to the opposite fairy's abilities. From there the fairy can use its new-found power to free up the scholar to do whatever. This is all sounding pretty OP but it would give scholar an absolutely explosive ability once per pull. It would be scholars version of Hallowed Ground, on a 10 minute cooldown. It would likely last from 30 to a full minute.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Axel Walker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I rly don't get it why ppl are so mad at SCH. SCH is super strong atm, if just look at aspected bene vs adlo, ofc aspected will win bc SCH its not just adlo. Excog is an awesome mitigation tool, the sheer power of indom is incredible and you pretty much are rdy for any situation in raid. Yes SCH have become a bit more complex to play with those mana costs but if you are spamming adlo/succor and got low on mana then the problem is you. Ppl seem to forgot about the launch of HW where the fairy was super weak as it is now, yea I know -50 potency on embrace can be felt but the overall healing of the fairy will be lower in this stage of the game as it was in early gordias.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vyriah Altaisen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    (...)
    I'm not sure why you're quoting me, I don't think MP management on SCH is even a thing. You just use lucid dreaming every two minute and bye bye MP management.

Using eather flow stack for healing is exactly what everyone is talking about. By "on demand healig", I'm talking about anything that won't have limited use on limited time, so the thing aren't on CD or eatherflow stacks. Wich means physicks, addlo, succor and embrace. The help you can provided with those is limited anyway, so using the rest of your kit isn't MP management, it's just using your more potent option most of the time. And will result in less mana loss overall.
    I'm pretty sure we're saying the same thing, maybe typos and broken english makes it sound different by I think SCH is pretty much played the way you describe, with more or less focus on DPS depending of what you want for your party.

I'm not that person who is gonna tell you that's not how you do thing. Unless you're using succor every mechanic, then that's not how you do thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighearth View Post
    I rly don't get it why ppl are so mad at SCH. SCH is super strong atm, if just look at aspected bene vs adlo, ofc aspected will win bc SCH its not just adlo. Excog is an awesome mitigation tool, the sheer power of indom is incredible and you pretty much are rdy for any situation in raid. Yes SCH have become a bit more complex to play with those mana costs but if you are spamming adlo/succor and got low on mana then the problem is you. Ppl seem to forgot about the launch of HW where the fairy was super weak as it is now, yea I know -50 potency on embrace can be felt but the overall healing of the fairy will be lower in this stage of the game as it was in early gordias.
    Did you even read those post before ? Or did you see a lot of words and though "oh ! They are angry, they must be spamming addlo and being out of mana ! I'm sure no one said that yet !"

Those two super strong spell you're mentioning were super ninja buffed in the first few patch of SB, so yeah, they're stupid powerful. Don't makes the job most complex because it makes indo being the right everytime its up. It's even better than lustrate at single target healing if there's no AoE damage in the next 30sec, this more OP than absolutly all what SCH could do before as it doesn't even lower your DPS to use it.
    And Exco isn't mitigation, if the blow kills the tank, it won't trigger. It's an auto trigger essential dignity that's actually weaker most of the time, or a stronger lustrate for the same cost. There's really few use of this ability currently. And it's even easier to use than addlo was in HW.

But then again "SCH is strong because of the bads healer".
    You just have to look, they all say it. That's the real tell that SCH is broken.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vyriah; 08-22-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    And Exco isn't mitigation, if the blow kills the tank, it won't trigger. It's an auto trigger essential dignity that's actually weaker most of the time, or a stronger lustrate for the same cost. There's really few use of this ability currently. And it's even easier to use than addlo was in HW.
    I usually use Excog as more of a an "HQ Lustrate" for when party members fall below 50%, rather than as a "safety net", since it triggers instantly if the player is already under 50%. What would be HOT is if we could spread it with Deployment Tactics (and spread Chain Strategem with Bane). AoE 800 potency heal would be broken I guess for recovering from things like Photon/Charybdis though...
    (1)
    Last edited by Jonnycbad; 08-22-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    Yeah, Excog is great, it's mainly to cover auto-attack damage after a tank buster. Maybe they barely mitigate and now are down to critical health, well that Excog proc will save them from dying on the next auto. But if you have someone at <50% HP, Excog should be used over Lustrate. Also if you raise someone and need quick top-up, use Excog over Lustrate. Many uses in pinch situations.

Astro ED is akin to about 1k potency at critical health so it's almost as-good, but the fact Excog is Aetherflow you want to use it liberally if you can make it proc.

It's good the way it is now, because most of our complaints at 4.0 launch was that it wasn't enough of a benefit over Lustrate potency-wise, and you'd run into crappy Paladins using Clemency too much because they are too afraid of seeing low HP, and then overhealing themselves causing the proc and Aetherflow to be wasted. Now that's changed too.
    (0)
    Last edited by technole; 08-22-2017 at 07:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Holy Orders
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I wish the heal on Adlo was just removed entirely. Turn the spell into a flat 450p shield, and have ET Adlo heal for 300p when the shield expires. Nine times out of ten I just want to mitigate damage before it lands and the heal is fluff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    @CreinCrein Play whm and ast at the same lvl and you'll truly understand how abysmal sch mana efficiency is right now.
    Psst, I suspect Crein has a significantly better understanding of SCH than you do sir =(
    (3)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebazy View Post
    Psst, I suspect Crein has a significantly better understanding of SCH than you do sir =(
    Or maybe I'm better at whm than at sch :P
    (0)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11