Player
    Character
    Tallon Overworld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

Fisher vs Yellow scips

What i mean by "vs" is that i find it difficult to get yellow scrips with fisher. The thing is, i don't want them for the gear at all but for that hellish stonefly larva. I could buy them from the market but the price/piece is insane and its most likely their cost will far exceed my profits.

So far i've been fishing ala mhigan ribbons (i could fish deemster but it needs this bait as well) for my scrips but seriously, rng + hook fails is killing me here and the trade off is just 8-10 baits/fish. Is there any other better way to farm scrips with fisher or should i get my miner to 70 as well for better chances?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Shinhan Moon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Thousandfang i think its called. fastest yellows for fisher imo.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Luka Larkspur
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 88
    Honestly, I'm leveling BTN right now because of this very situation. It's extremely frustrating trying to get yellow scrip on FSH. Red scrip isn't so bad, but yellow..ugh. Fishing is great for a lot of things, farming yellow scrip is not one.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arohk View Post
    A healers job is to dps and keep the party alive while doing so, you got the wrong idea about healers.

Player
    Character
    Yuki Kun
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Ala Mhigan Ribbon is my favourite for yellow script, I got 930 gathering and usually miss 1 out of 5.
    Daio Squid is the best red script imo, easy catch with Bream Lure, you almost never lose the bait. One squid can buy Suspending Minnow, so you'll never run out of bait for Ala Mhigan Ribbon.

I agree though the rng sucks and they need to take a good look at the numbers..
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinMoon View Post
    Thousandfang i think its called. fastest yellows for fisher imo.
    I second this. Veteran Trade + Calm Water = life for me when getting yellows. The minion doesn't hurt either.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I've found spearfishing is definitely the way to go with scrips for fishing, both red and yellow. Daio Squid is good for red with non-spearfishing. However, I kept getting that damned octopus instead. At least you know that you have fairly good chance of a usable collectible with the shadowed nodes for spearfishing collectibles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ihza Mhaskova
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Scripts are just absolute hell on FSH.

I just refuse to do any outside of the required ones for gear.

I leveled BTN/MNR to barter mats with to my FC crafters for the free HQ 70 set.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Izuna Ittetsu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    Yeah I'm finding that getting scrip on FSH is extremely painful. I've fished for almost every yellow scrip fish and the ones that require yellow scrip bait take more scrip to catch then you get as a reward, 100% of the time. (just spent 15 minutes fishing for Deemster, caught a total of 1) and that's pretty common for me, and obviously didn't even cover the cost of the bait to catch it.

As far as spear fishing for yellow scrip, I have to spawn 3-4 shadow nodes just to catch one fish that is high enough collectability to turn in. That's a huge time investment for barely any return.

I have 843 gath and 677 perc.

Square broke FSH with stormblood... it's a worthless class unless you're raiding omega savage and you need a food that requires fish or you need the FSH aethersand... so still basically worthless at the moment.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    All of the weather-specific yellow scrip fish that require Fish Eyes but no mooching have been an extremely good source of scrips for me (Especially Swordfish, as they're the only huge tug in their fishing hole, meaning you'll never waste GP on the wrong fish). It's extremely unlikely you'll come out scrip negative after a fishing session (Assuming your gathering/perception ratings are up to snuff), as you'd have to go 20+ casts without a single eligible fish due to them all being worth 100+ scrips and aside from the Deemster, they're fairly reasonable to catch especially in comparison to things like the Barreleye and Stupendimus from HW.

I actually stopped using any other source of scrips because of how much less tedious going fishing in one spot for 10 minutes every once in a while is vs. having to constantly cycle through several different locations for timed nodes.

Just catch fish in advance when their window is open, then cash in once they're available for turn-in.
    (2)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 09-12-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken88 View Post
    As far as spear fishing for yellow scrip, I have to spawn 3-4 shadow nodes just to catch one fish that is high enough collectability to turn in. That's a huge time investment for barely any return.
    Same here. I have 815 GP with food and can spam Natures bounty on every tick of a shadow node. I still get NQ eels most of the time. So far Spear fishing is one of the things I do the most in SB and for Aetherial reduction, desynth and just doing it, it's fun enough but it is not the way to yellow script or even red script for that matter. I can get either one mining or chopping 10X faster.
    (0)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1445972/