Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Those treads speak opinion, not with imperial authority of fact. That was my biggest issue with a lot of them. They throw around potency numbers and theory crafting with no actual performance proof to back the claim. When we have true win loss disparity in the hard data then we will now that theses comparative performance differences actually result in what people are claiming.

We can't do that with pre-season data as few people were playing competitively.

We'll have a better measuring metric now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atreus Auditore
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Those treads speak opinion, not with imperial authority of fact. That was my biggest issue with a lot of them. They throw around potency numbers and theory crafting with no actual performance proof to back the claim. When we have true win loss disparity in the hard data then we will now that theses comparative performance differences actually result in what people are claiming.

We can't do that with pre-season data as few people were playing competitively.

We'll have a better measuring metric now.
    It's almost as if the players are more familiar with the meta and issues than the people who make the game... oh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Honestly, I also feel like this new season was rushed out the door just to "buy time" for patch 4.1.

And I also figured at the start of the 1st new season of Feast in Stormblood would be the most appropriate time for Yoshi-P to make his "forum post" about the chat restriction that he claimed he would make at the start of the new expansion; but here we are, Season 5, and not so much as a peep about it. I'm somewhat under the impression they were hoping we would forget about that.
    (0)

4. 08-09-2017 05:38 AM

Greetings,

Thank you feedback regarding the start of the Feast Season Five and balancing in PvP.

As mentioned by our counterparts, the main reason that no PvP-related adjustments were made in Patch 4.06 is because the dev. team didn't feel they had enough 4v4-focused data to base further adjustments on.

While some adjustments were made in Patch 4.05, many of the players were focused on new PvE-content like Deltascape (Savage). With fewer players participating in ranked matches, the team wasn't able to collect enough data necessary for appropriate balancing and adjustment by the time Patch 4.06 was being finalized. While feedback from the forum, and other sources, is constantly being collected, the dev. team uses that in conjunction with game data as well.

With the start of Season Five, we expect more players participating in the Feast and ranked matches. Naturally, we'll be seeing more feedback and have more data to work with; however, the team will require some time to make changes based on the this data and the feedback we receive. We'll observe the situation during the season and make adjustments as needed moving forward.

The dev. team will check and make considerations on the suggestions received, so we ask you to please participate in the Feast, and continue to share your thoughts with us here on the official forum, and elsewhere.

With that said, I wish you luck to all those participating in Season 5!
    (13)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Why does Red Mage have lower HP pools than healers in PVP?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Korihu Yanhu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Why does Red Mage have lower HP pools than healers in PVP?
    Because all ranged have the same MP pool. So RDM has the same HP pool as SMN and BLM and BRD. Which is dumb because they have to go sit in melee for their burst lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I really had high hopes for PvP this expansion. I thought they were serious about it for once.
    But nope, still unbalanced mess.

You would think over 7 weeks would be enough feedback. Guess not...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glaive Incursio
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    DMG vs heals. I absolutely fricking hate how messed up it is. Aside from bursts I notice the dmg I am outputting is small and even the bursts aren't good unless your whole team syncs since heals can top you off completely in a matter of a second. I shouldn't have to chop a arm off just to get a kill off before a healer heals 75% of whoever's HP pool they are targeting
    (1)
    Last edited by Aleisterz; 08-09-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I think large-scale pvp is so different to 4v4 that balancing it all around 4v4 isn't ideal. Melee consistently perform worse than brd/mch by a large margin in frontlines unless they are lucky to have a healer buddy following them around. Would be nice for melee dps defenses to be more tanky to balance the risk of having to battle in melee range, but not in 4v4 where they always have appropriate heal support.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleisterz View Post
    DMG vs heals. I absolutely fricking hate how messed up it is. Aside from bursts I notice the dmg I am outputting is small and even the bursts aren't good unless your whole team syncs since heals can top you off completely in a matter of a second. I shouldn't have to chop a arm off just to get a kill off before a healer heals 75% of whoever's HP pool they are targeting
    Yeah I think it would be better if heal potency was reduced to prevent really good healers from causing matches that take forever to KO anyone, but increase HP and def/mdef of everyone, so people can still survive a while and not susceptible to suddenly dying in an instant, but somebody will be KO for sure before long due to reduced heals not quite being able to outweigh dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Korihu Yanhu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    I think large-scale pvp is so different to 4v4 that balancing it all around 4v4 isn't ideal. Melee consistently perform worse than brd/mch by a large margin in frontlines unless they are lucky to have a healer buddy following them around. Would be nice for melee dps defenses to be more tanky to balance the risk of having to battle in melee range, but not in 4v4 where they always have appropriate heal support.

Yeah I think it would be better if heal potency was reduced to prevent really good healers from causing matches that take forever to KO anyone, but increase HP and def/mdef of everyone, so people can still survive a while and not susceptible to suddenly dying in an instant, but somebody will be KO for sure before long due to reduced heals not quite being able to outweigh dps.
    4v4 is Square's own patented competitive mode though. It SHOULD be balanced around 4v4. Large-scale PvP zergfest is just a fun mode you play on the side, and in the first place large-scale pvp zergfests is really hard to balance well. It's like balancing jobs to be good in dungeons, but not good in savage. Unless they somehow figure a way to balance separately, it's best to be balanced around their competitive mode.

Also hell naw, healers already have it very hard. Good teams destroy healers, DPS easily outweighs us now that our healing output is weaker than before and mana is a very limited resource, we have less tools to survive than before, AND DPS is ridiculously high and CC comes out every 15 seconds. Try playing a healer against a good team and say that they're overpowered and takes forever to KO someone. They're not, and we absolutely do not need people who do not play healers and don't understand how to down them to dictate what should happen to our role. Try playing healer yourself, or watch some high level PvP healer streams to see how it works from their point of view. It's not all frosting. We shouldn't get nerfed because the worst of the worst players can't figure out their 9 buttons. People being 'eventually able to KO for sure' is already what they did this expansion to PvP compared to the old PvP.
    (6)
    Last edited by Korihu; 08-09-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast