Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Lokyst.net simulator

So somebody in another thread linked Lokyst.net simulator, and I dunno if I did something wrong, but the result I got was really wonky.

I input my level (Alc 61) and I told it the skills I have access to, and I put in my stats and I told it to simulate for me, a Noble's Picatrix.

It spits out really weird results, some of which claim 100% but suggest me using things like Advanced Touch with no Steady Hands, and I'm like wha?

But anyways, this is the method I've been using:

1). Comfort Zone
    2). Inner Quiet
    3). SH2
    4). Hasty Touch II x5
    5). Mend II
    6). Careful Synth II x2
    7). SH2
    8). Hasty Touch II x2
    9). Innovation
    10). Great Strides
    11). Brow/Blessing depending on CP stacks
    12). Careful Synth II

And this yielded a significantly higher result. In fact when doing it, I messed up and forgot IQ until after the 2nd Hasty II which cost me a not-so-small chunk of Quality and I still easily got 80% of the Quality Bar filled in (I was very much surprised I could do this with a Lv58 HW synth with all but 1 NQ material).

So... why isn't Lokyst suggesting stuff like Comfort Zone and Byregot's?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post
    I dunno if I did something wrong, but the result I got was really wonky.... why isn't Lokyst suggesting stuff like Comfort Zone and Byregot's?
    Nope, you did nothing wrong. You just need some perspective on the mechanics of the site.
    The auto solver will attempt to produce an "optimal" rotation. The definition of optimal is fewest touches and most guaranteed quality and completion. Thus, Advanced Touch is powerful touch, thus, faster rotation. What is does not do is produce the best rotation. From the few times I have used that auto-solver, I have never liked its auto-generated rotations.
    E.g. The solver suggested Advanced Touch, I know that Observe + Focused Touch produces the same quality without needing SHII, costs less CP in total and only costs me 1 additional step in the rotation.

Most of us which use the simulator implicitly understand that it is guess work. This is a safe place to try things out without spends materials.
    I most commonly use this site to do the CP addition operations for me, saves me a bunch of time using pen / paper and some in game trial and error.

The estimations are pretty decent but not fully accurate. It is a great reference tool but it does not have access to the true source code used in the game. The estimations are best effort formula reverse engineered from data point output.

e.g. fabricated number to demonstrate
    1000 craftsmanship, careful synthesis II, character level 70, item level 68 = completion X (say 355)
    1005 craftsmanship, careful synthesis II, character level 70, item level 68 = completion X (say 355)
    1010 craftsmanship, careful synthesis II, character level 70, item level 68 = completion X (say 360)
    1015 craftsmanship, careful synthesis II, character level 70, item level 68 = completion X (say 365)

The site programmer takes this data and compiles formula based on the data in an attempt to replicate the final numbers. But it is an estimation because the game only outputs whole numbers. Decimals are truncated off, thus, accuracy is lost.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Ahh. Okay. That explains that a bit.

Well, I discovered I can 100% HQ Lv58 stuff with NQ materials, even with 1/7 Hasty Touch II fails with my Alchemist now, and I've commissioned (after spending 2+ hours to get the materials) a set of Lv61 crafting gear... now I just need to get my other crafters *to* 61 which will either take a crapton of crystals, levequests, or both, though I will also keep an eye out on GC turn-ins.

The problem with GC turnins..... it's all Master Craft this, Master Craft that... I got lucky with CRP... I was able to HQ a Birch Spinning Wheel and dumped 60% of a levelup (it was starred lol) but otherwise... everything else wants Master Crafts.

I can get some scrips by doing Lv60 alchemy items.... but... eventually I will ding 62 and they will stop giving me good scrips (I assume the Lv60 stuff will drop down into the 10-per range instead of 50) and I'm assuming the Lv61 stuff will just simply be too difficult in comparison to reliably get them good enough to turn in for collectors.

Hopefully by that time I got another class on 61 I can do some more scrips with to handle all of these Master Recipes the GC wants.
    (0)
    Last edited by Maeka; 08-07-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Since you're complaining about needing mastercrafterbooks... could it be possible that you havent finished your crafter-quests? I remember that most/all HW-60-crafterquests required you to have certain masterbooks - the same masterbooks that most GC-turn-ins are pulling from. That you dont seem to have them indicates that you're at least missing the level60-quests.

But! ALL of them are giving lots of exp, so you should really do them! Same goes for SB, once you're there - crafting and gathering quests are giving really, really good exp. Depending on the level its about 1.5-2 million, so nothing to be taken lightly!

(I know thats a bit offtopic but since you seem to have trouble leveling your crafters, I thought I'd leave that hint here)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    All the crafter quests require HQ turn-ins and that's been a brick wall for me, but now that I know I have almost 100% chance to HQ up to Lv58 (and I suppose Lv60 items are not that far behind, even if it takes a couple tries), that I will try the crafter quests soon, yes. I suppose that would make a nice chunk of XP to get me towards Lv61 so I can wear my new clothes when I get them.

And I wasn't really "complaining", though I will note that the GCs almost always asking for Mastercraft Items makes it more difficult to get to 61 because now I gotta gather up some almost 2k scrips for all of those mastercraft books to get to 61. That's a lot of scrips, lol. Not really "complaining", but I do note that it is going to suck up a lot of time and perhaps maybe even some money if some of it is too hard to get (I note a lot of this stuff wants unspoiled nodes too).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I will agree that HW took a step back locking crafts like that in a Mastercraft book. I mean I get that they want players to work on them, but when you look at how empty your recipe list was because so many were MC locked it was kinda silly. Mastercraft implies that you had Mastery of the Craft, so when stuff is at an odd level that should be under 70 that's not a glamour item it...seems weird.

It makes things feel inconsistent too. Already trying to figure out what is or is not in a book is a bit of a pain (without having to use a website) and there should have been some consistency in its usage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    But anyways, this is the method I've been using:

1). Comfort Zone
    2). Inner Quiet
    3). SH2
    4). Hasty Touch II x5
    5). Mend II
    6). Careful Synth II x2
    7). SH2
    8). Hasty Touch II x2
    9). Innovation
    10). Great Strides
    11). Brow/Blessing depending on CP stacks
    12). Careful Synth II
    Hmm... SH II and then HT II x5... so there's only 50 durab consumed, but then you immediately used Master's Mend II. Isn't that 10 durab wasted? Why not move one of the CS II up, so you consume 60 durab before using MM2? Also, the Innovation can be moved up one step so that it buffs the final Hasty Touch II as well. Btw, forget about Brow if you have IQ6 or above. You'd rather save up enough CP for a proper Blessing. The difference is amplified by the GS and Innov, so it's actually quite large. I modified your rotation a bit into the following:

CZ
    IQ
    SH II
    HT II
    HT II
    HT II
    HT II
    HT II
    CS II
    MM2
    CS II
    SH II
    HT II
    Innov
    HT II
    GS
    Blessing
    CS II

But then I realized it's an 80 durab item that you're making here. So after the MM2, the rotation has only consumed 50 durab. There's 30 durab that was untouched! If CP is an issue, I feel like you should use fewer HT II to buy an extra SH II. The result is the following:

CZ
    IQ
    SH II
    HT
    HT
    HT
    HT
    HT
    CS II
    MM2
    CS II
    SH II
    HT
    HT
    HT
    HT II
    SH II
    Innov
    HT II
    GS
    Blessing
    CS II

This rotation used exactly the same amt of CP as your original rotation, but it has potentially 3 more touches. Although HT has a lower chance of success than HT II, even if you gained 1 more touch than your original rotation, it'd have been worth it. If you can somehow have 18 more CP, either from food or from a Trick of Trade, you can then swap out the last HT II into Basic Touch, so that it's 100% secure.

Actually, now that the rotation is lengthened, you can actually use a second CZ:

CZ
    IQ
    SH II
    HT
    HT
    HT
    HT
    HT
    CS II
    MM2
    CS II
    CZ
    SH II
    HT
    HT
    HT
    HT II
    SH II
    Innov
    HT II
    GS
    Blessing
    CS II

After the second CZ, I can see that there are only 9 steps before the final Blessing, so there's still 8 CP unable to be retrieved back from the investment of second CZ. But even so, it's still a 6 CP gain. And if you're lucky enough to have even 1 Trick of Trade taken in your rotation, you will be able to have that 8 CP retrieved back. This increased your CP pool by another 14 CP, which you could potentially use for something... 14 CP + that one Trick of Trade = 34 CP gain. It can be a Standard Touch to replace the last HT II... Or if you somehow have 2 more CP, then you can split 36 CP into two for two Basic Touches to replace the HT II / HT.
    (3)
    Last edited by Caimie_Tsukino; 08-07-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    --snip--
    I realized after I posted it... I don't know if that's what I actually did when I made the books earlier, or if I really did throw a CSII in there before Mending. And yes, I do suppose the Innovation could be moved up a step, now that you mention it. I think I thought of that once before, but I tend to forget about it.

Either way, I've discovered that if only 1 HT2 fails, I can still get guaranteed 100% assuming I don't get an Excellent on the wrong step (and thus Poor lands on a Touch or Worse, Byregot's). But I suppose those are things to take into consideration when doing more difficult stuff, yes.

As far as Brow/Blessing, I am indeed aware of the IQ6 line, that's why I wrote Brow/Blessing in my OP, because if I have IQ5, it'd be better to use Brow rather than Blessing, or if I somehow end up with <24CP then I guess Brow is the best I can do. But that usually doesn't happen, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    As far as Brow/Blessing, I am indeed aware of the IQ6 line, that's why I wrote Brow/Blessing in my OP, because if I have IQ5, it'd be better to use Brow rather than Blessing, or if I somehow end up with <24CP then I guess Brow is the best I can do. But that usually doesn't happen, though.
    Ah, I see. I didn't realize you could have IQ5... Ok, cool beans!
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    Ah, I see. I didn't realize you could have IQ5... Ok, cool beans!
    Yeah, if HT2 fails twice, IIRC, it comes out to IQ5 at the end... so I keep both on my hotbar just in case, lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast