Player
    Character
    Aryngsd Faulgnor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

Where are all the healers?

My static raid group (cross world static) has been seeking a permanent whm/sch since the start of Omega.

Looking at party finder groups and observing shout this seems to be a constant issue. Many groups are struggling to find healers, while tanks seem to be all to easy to find. Is the issue that many of the good healers are already spoken for, or is there truly a shortage of healers.

Although roulettes always show tank-in-need I personally feel that good healers are harder to find than tanks? Maybe I'm missing something. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

P.S. If any healers are looking for a static group...my static is currently looking for a permanent whm/sch (primal data center - progression on OS3 - seen enrage multiple times). Having trouble finding good pugs (both healers and dps [5/8 static missing ninja/bard/healer].
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thea Nappoli
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I feel it's kind of both at the moment. Good healers spoken for, shortage of healers always in XPF savage parties, and even extreme primals at certain hours. Barring static implosions, or healers without a static who have cleared O3S though PuGs and want to get further, I feel replacements could be a challenge. My 2nd raid that is on O4S Neo prog we had to replace a tank and had no trouble lining up a few trials after two days.

I sometimes have to wait for healer in-need to change back to tank on leveling roulette to pull the trigger, when leveling a tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's definitely a change from the end of HW, where healer slots always seemed to fill so fast...

There are also raid recruitment discords that might help you find people. I'm not sure I should be pasting links here on the forums (well, the ones I have are for Aether anyways) but google should find them for you easily enough.
    (0)
    Guide to filtering out lootmaster parties:

Player
    Character
    Nonomy Nomy
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 51
    Well, to be honest, I think a lot of people hung up their white mage and scholar robes due to Stormblood's handling of their jobs.

White mages have a mechanic which doesn't mesh well with how they heal. In fact, they heal just fine if they they ignore the mechanic. Months of feedback have resulted in minor tweaks but no real fix to mechanic.

Scholars were nerfed and no longer play like they used to play. Shields are much weaker, their fairy was majorly nerfed, and mana regeneration is slashed. Months of feedback have resulted in the introduction of an AoE damage spell. No fix to the job's critical issues.

Meanwhile, two powerful and fun to play damage dealers were introduced. Guess where a lot of those dissatisfied healers went?

That's why there's a shortage of healers.
    (63)

INCOMING! CRAZY LALAFELL WITH A SPEAR, 11 O'CLOCK!

Player
    Character
    Rita Sidos
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    A lot of Healers that I knew in 3.x switched to Rdm, Bard, Paladin, Blm. They all have healers level but I don't think they will be going back anytime soon.

Personally I've been playing Blm I don't mind a 20 minute queue, I could switch and get a instant queue as a Healer but why? What incentive do I have to do leveling roulettes/Exrs ect?

I can just Bard for tomes in Shatter and watch netflix with how easy Bard is in pvp and switch at the end to get xp. Hunts made cracked clusters a joke to obtain so what is the point?
    (3)
    Last edited by Jxnibbles; 08-05-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    We are busy DPSing the dummy at home.
    (5)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I'm busy leveling my crafters and other classes.
    I'll occasionally pop into a Savage or EX primal party but my priorities are elsewhere ATM.

Least, that's my excuse.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho_Nacho View Post
    Well, to be honest, I think a lot of people hung up their white mage and scholar robes due to Stormblood's handling of their jobs.
    This is what I did. I loved how SCH played in HW raiding, then leveled all the healer jobs to 70 in SB but didn't enjoy any enough to raid with them. Playing BRD now and really happy with that.
    (6)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Lots of healers quitting because of change to the healers or they switched to Astro. Then they put that little bit in that said you can't class stack. LOL. And no one wants to go back to Sch or Whm. They didn't actually fix either class. Especially not Sch. Sch is better than it was but that's not saying much. They just put a bandaid over it.

Even more are just done with the 'healers are lazy and not doing their jobs if they aren't DPSing 100% of the time' BS threads that get posted. You want us to DPS 100% of the time? Fine. Might as well level one of the two new shiny DPS classes then.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Pyrii Goeth
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 62
    Healing in groups with my friends because I'm sick and tired of suicide/hero/compensation tanks. Because I actually like playing the game.

I finally am getting used to WHM changes in Stormblood, the DPS simplification is nice since I don't want to be thinking about doing DPS between heals.

And also sitting in levelling roulette queues to level my bard for 20 minutes at a time only to get Ifrit or a party that wants to rush tot he end, skipping all the enemies so we get no exp, therefore needing me to do more levelling roulettes.

I'd love to play my WHM more, but I prefer my time as that class to be quality time with friends.
    (12)
    Last edited by Pyrii; 08-05-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast