Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    Before you get unnecessarily flamed, the REASON that it isn't a good difficulty is because easy raid content = raid content with a short life span, this stuff needs to last until 4.2
    No it doesn't. You think people actually want to wipe to the same four bosses for that long?
    Alexander's Living Liquid literally took statics and broke them over his knee. We don't really need a repeat of that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvina Eon
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunafreya View Post
    You shouldn't be able to clear savage with 3-4 deaths. No, it's not a good difficulty at all.
    Uh in case you don't know in some savage content 3-4 deaths is enough to wipe to the enrage timer. so...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellia Lombardia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvina View Post
    Uh in case you don't know in some savage content 3-4 deaths is enough to wipe to the enrage timer. so...
    Not in O1S or O2S. Those intro turns are a joke for "savage" content. 3 isn't exactly hard but it has earned the name of savage for how it keeps you on your toes. i'm currently trying to find a group that can beat the enrage... tired of wiping at low 5-1 percent. I have no experience with 4 yet but i'm sure the people saying that it is easy are playing with top level statics and thus they get no say in this.

Do you not get it? You are saying O1S is a good starting difficulty.... yet all O1S really has is normal mode where you can fall off. Coordinating levinbolts is a joke... I 3 shot it in a PUG or something. Please, let's not have a savage turn down 20 mins after maintenance.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lunafreya; 08-18-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Belmont Blanc
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    For those who think O1s is easy, I ask them to try it without a static. because without a static it's definitely anything but easy, unless maybe you get ridiculously lucky.
    It may not be easy for the most of players, that's ok but saying "ridiculously lucky" is exaggerated.

At least in my world, people pugging O1-2S(even3) "get rid PT" everyweek. (get rid PT is party for fast clearing the said content so you can work on O3S or O4S for the rest of the week.)

Anyway, nice to see you like it on OP tho.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Anyway I want to clarify what I mean by my OP, I think that O1 and O2 savage are great as an INTRO difficulty.

I'm up to O3 Savage now and well, that's definitely savage lol. But remember that O1 and O2 are the first 2 fights in what will eventually be a series of 12.
    If this were WoW, I would agree. Unfortunately, we are given only four fights per tier. With two of them bordering on faceroll levels, that reduces Savage to two meaningful challenges; three if you include Exfaust as a separate fight. That simply isn't good enough for the very reason Lambdafish said. This is intended to be content that lasts, not something we stream roll through. My group is already treating V1-3 like fodder fights we don't really care about. Now if V5 ends up noticeably harder, perhaps I'll feel differently then but I suspect the next tier won't be much different than Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    No it doesn't. You think people actually want to wipe to the same four bosses for that long?
    Alexander's Living Liquid literally took statics and broke them over his knee. We don't really need a repeat of that.
    Why is Living Liquid always the de facto example? It's a false equivalent that needs to die. No one here has mentioned scaling Savage to Gordias levels, especially not the first two fights. We simply want something that isn't dead within an hour. Looking at FFlogs, my group had thirteen deaths on the second clear. How is the supposedly highest tier of content still clearable with a shitshow like that? I'll admit, we laughed it off and had fun, but no fight should be that recoverable.
    (1)
    Last edited by Bourne_Endeavor; 08-18-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Campi Nitsu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    O1s & O2s are too easy. This has nothing to do with savage :/
    It's only casual Content.

O3s would be ok for the first the fight.
    (1)
    Nur hübsch sein reicht eben nicht. Man muss auch Bier trinken können.
    This is Anfield
    King vom Ring | Super Elitist

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Which part of "Great Intro Difficulty" was hard to get? No, not everyone is hard core raider. Majority are even scared to try it. Having easy two fights gives those who braved up enough to try a taste of it. Enough to encourage and motivate them and maybe push them to get better and better. You don't encourage sprouts by throwing them at Titan Ex on their first trial, you encourage them by patting them on the back for passing Ifrit. With enough motivation and encouragement more people would try harder, attempt more, get better and 3OS and 4OS would be the next challenge they will want to beat. Maybe some of them will be in your static or a PUG run for future savage content. This fixation on - it's easy for me therefore it has to be tuned, needs to die out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liza Sol
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    I cleared v3s same week it came out with 6 deaths, you could sell v1s first week it came out. So I don't know what you mean by this. Unless the dps is very horrible and in fact my friend beat v4s in party finder too lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyvhokan Poseidal
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by akaneakki View Post
    I cleared v3s same week it came out with 6 deaths, you could sell v1s first week it came out. So I don't know what you mean by this. Unless the dps is very horrible and in fact my friend beat v4s in party finder too lol.
    The reason for this isn't the fights themselves but the res debuff no longer reduces max health.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Irisu Kyouko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunafreya View Post
    I have no experience with 4 yet but i'm sure the people saying that it is easy are playing with top level statics and thus they get no say in this.

Actually O4S is pretty easy. It's the 'entry' fight in O4S which can be a real pain, due to the randomness of some of it's mechanics. Otherwise, once you get to Neo, it's pretty much 'dance dance revolution' as you dance your way to victory.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast