Character
    Neko Kat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    They were advertised as exclusive
    They would still be exclusive. Exclusive can mean timed or exclusive for doing certain requirements which could be placing in any seasons top 100 to get a choice of one exclusive reward. But I'm just voicing to SE what my perfect product would be for an mmorpg.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kota_Foxfrey; 08-03-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Character
    Cold Steel'
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    In a world where it is possible to use the only ingame source of communication in PvP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Death Fury
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Are those not rewards too?
    It's not at all about exclusivity or bragging rights and I personally have never played solely for the reward itself, but it is a byproduct of any effort I've put in and it should be respected to a degree. It is and should always be about respecting the players time and efforts into something and adequately rewarding them, not taking away from their achievements by cheapening it so everyone can have it. That is the point being made with the example of "The Avatar" title.

Also, I think you saying this is very out of touch: "There's always a greater challenge to attain".

There's no challenge left at all in this game mode for veteran players outside of healing, and even that was more challenging before the PvP changes. Any PvP player that even tried to play 4v4 Feast in Heavensward knew this. There is no greater challenge left - it's all been dumbed down. There is no longer a single duty in this game that requires as much critical thinking as pre-4.0 PvP did.

It was available once, there was an opportunity for people to try and get it and they failed to. That doesn't mean they should be allowed to get it again. If you are at university (the end-game) and you fail your final exam (Season 1) and then the resit (Season 2), it's over. You don't get another chance.

What's being argued here is giving free hand-outs to players who missed their chances.

You don't get an Honorary Degree by passing 100 GCSE's. You don't get a Season 1 reward by winning 100 Season 5 matches. It should be that simple. Any difference of opinion past this point can't be met at a common ground.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rhinos Sandrock
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I really like how the new armor looks and was excited to earn tickets for it, that is, until I saw it's gated behind top 100. This decision single-handedly kills any initial interest I had to participate in ranked, and I know I'm not alone in this. I'm sure the exclusive rewards will satisfy 100 special snowflakes, but for the majority of the playerbase I think that makes for very poor motivation.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Praesul Presul
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinos View Post
    I really like how the new armor looks and was excited to earn tickets for it, that is, until I saw it's gated behind top 100. This decision single-handedly kills any initial interest I had to participate in ranked, and I know I'm not alone in this. I'm sure the exclusive rewards will satisfy 100 special snowflakes, but for the majority of the playerbase I think that makes for very poor motivation.
    Trust me exclusive rewards are not designed to entice people like you.
    (8)

Player

There is not top 100 actualy, its more like top70 +alts.
    but well its better like that, if you are not rank 100 you may get weapon and not accesory nobody care about.
    (1)
    Last edited by kensatsu; 08-03-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    No, top 100 will be entirely alt with no lv50 classes
    (0)

Player

alt land incoming
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rem Minase
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    In many cases, yes. However, match-ups also go like this:

1) Notice good healer is streaming PVP on Twitch
    2) Queue up because good healer is queued and you're more likely to get matched with them than someone that will cause you to lose.
    3) Win, Rinse & Repeat.

That's neither skill nor determination.
    It's interesting you say that OP, I did a little research...considering you played over 1000 games in a season and still only ranked in gold. I guess that little strategy you got going there didn't pan out for you? Neither skill or determination is involved you said? Hmm.

I'm getting the feeling that you didn't make it and due to that you want the reward made achievable through senseless grind, whilst coming on here acting like a good Samaritan making it out like you want the reward available to everyone when let's be honest here for a second, you really just want it for yourself.

Season 5 is coming around the corner and they've levelled the playing field for you. I wish you the very best of luck.
    (5)
    Last edited by Yoruno; 08-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aviars Lightsworn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Hopefully past rewards will eventually be part of this system as well so that we can spend our tickets as we please.
    Yes, so other people can buy the trophy rank 1 players get, we must be fair. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kota_Foxfrey View Post
    They would still be exclusive. Exclusive can mean timed or exclusive for doing certain requirements which could be placing in any seasons top 100 to get a choice of one exclusive reward. But I'm just voicing to SE what my perfect product would be for an mmorpg.
    Perfect product as in everything being handed to you I guess.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aviars; 08-03-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast