Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72

Thank You For the Feast Ticket System

I just saw the announcement on the French blog, and it looks like the top 100 will get armor while depending on your rank, you can earn tickets for a weapon plus other things.

The blog didn't say much beyond that, but I for one am excited to get something besides accessories that no one sees or cares about. IMHO, all Feast rewards should be done via this ticket system - with the top 100 getting their rewards sooner, but making the rewards do-able for everyone else with time and effort.

Hopefully past rewards will eventually be part of this system as well so that we can spend our tickets as we please.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    top 100 rewards MUST stay exlusive, also the thing of the tokens is good i think, it is an incentive to actually play and hopefully for ppl to get better, the thing that top 10 reward is a sure drop of what you could buy with the tokens is also good: you ar part of top 100 and you are top 10. I think the "buyable" rewards will be obtainable in 2 seasons if diamond on both season..or maybe not idk
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rem Minase
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Hopefully past rewards will eventually be part of this system as well so that we can spend our tickets as we please.
    No. Just no. Not now. Not then. Not in the future. And not ever. I missed all those PVE seasonal events can I have the rewards?

I don't think you understand what it is you're asking. Any player who worked themselves stupid to a top 100 position will vehemently disagree with what you're asking. Those Top 100 rewards are symbolic of a player who had not only the skill, but the determination to get those rewards. What you're proposing is a brain dead grind which puts everyone on the same level, which is what they've kind of already done with the new changes but haha hey hey let's not retrieve the corpse which is PVP just to bury it yet again by just squandering everything avid PVP players have done for the last four seasons right?

If square enix do this, every person who tried their best and took time out to perfect their job to stand a chance in the competitive content which WAS feast will stop playing. I certainly will and judging from the opinions of several of my friends and what they think if this were to happen they will too. If you want the reward, work for it.

Respectfully, I completely disagree with your post.
    (15)
    Last edited by Yoruno; 08-03-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Praesul Presul
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Until I get the option to get all the 1.0 stuff like the tattoo and mount, then pvp rewards are staying exclusive. It'd be unfair for us to lose exclusive things meanwhile legacy and pve players keep theirs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Death Fury
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    making the rewards do-able for everyone else with time and effort.

No. Past rewards shouldn't be added into this token system. Not everybody should get things they didn't put the time or effort in for at the time it was available.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Adam Zoldyck
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    I missed all those PVE seasonal events can I have the rewards?
    I most cases, yes, it is called the cash shop.

I think a ticket system is fine. Think of it like the rewards for clearing a raid tier. I could clear the raid and get the rewards the patch it is released (same in say a ticket system with the top 100). Come many patches later (or xpac with unsync) many others can get those same rewards with much less skill or effort (everyone outside the top 100) (Great example is people who went back and farmed the A4S mount).

Also, you will still have a top 100 rank (just like hardcore progression has world/server finishes), still have the achievements, and titles, it is just the glam/mounts you are losing (by losing I am allow others to get).

On it changing it to a grind, did they not do that with the changes in the last two seasons? You had many players with sub 50% win % in the top 100. Now the difference would be you can grind over many seasons, then just one.

I also would not care if they did it just going forward, and not add the rewards from the past seasons, but regardless if they do or do not, it is a better system.
    (6)
    Last edited by AdamZ; 08-03-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Character
    Adrian Li
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Keep dreaming
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rem Minase
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    1) it is just the glam/mounts you are losing (by losing I am allow others to get).

2) On it changing it to a grind, did they not do that with the changes in the last two seasons?
    1) I couldn't care about the titles. I love how you phrased *just* losing the glamour and the mounts. Oh so you mean the last four seasons worth of rewards?

2) Regarding, Season 3 and Season 4. They made it more grindy sure, but who you're talking about is more an exception to the rule. If those players grinded to a top 100 position they probably deserved it base off how RNG feast is. There were plenty inadequate players still stuck in gold who were uncarriable.

Finally, of course you wouldntt care. By the sounds of it you've played a few shatter games. If you could even call that PVP. Comparing the cash shop is laughable. Because yeah those red ranger poses took so much time and effort to unlock, you must've really put yourself out for that.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Death Fury
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    lol
    1) PvE raiding isn't supported with an in-game ranking system.
    2) The ability to unsync content and walk through it when 200 ilv's higher was actually heavily looked down on by the raiding community at the time - so much so that a lot of the best raid teams quit or had to re-recruit members due to dropoff when this news was announced.

Let's just take a look at one example that perfectly sums up the point we're all trying to make:

"The Avatar" title was massively coveted when savage was released for the first time. A person with that title was a very high-level player and could carry it with a level of prestige. Now it's actually pathetic, the title is void of any meaning. Literally any green leaf can get an overgeared group together and clear the content in 3 minutes flat, probably even less by now. The meaning of that title is now completely hollow, as for any other rewards associated with it.

This token system, if extended to anything other than the weapons as stated in the blog post, just reduces the rewards many players actually put work in for into a husk of its former self. If just anybody can get it, whats the point in it?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I don't think you understand what it is you're asking. Any player who worked themselves stupid to a top 100 position will vehemently disagree with what you're asking.
    I understand exactly what I'm asking. I'm asking for the ability to allow other players to attain rewards that were previously only SEASONAL and EXCLUSIVE (not one or the other, which disqualifies legacy items and events).

Honestly, you should not have to "work yourself stupid" to get anything in this game. It. is. a. game. Not a job. You can certainly work toward something, but eventually you should start to see your efforts pay off. That's what I like about this ticket system. Just like when raiders raid and get their mounts and armor and weapons, they have earned them -- but over time as item levels go up, those rewards become more attainable to others. Are the raiders who got their stuff first upset about it? I wouldn't think so... That's just how things are in this game. They know this before they go in.

To be fair, the top 100 players are amazing (for the most part), just like the World First raiders are. But over time, the achievement fades. The exclusivity fades and it's onto the next raid tier. Whether or not it SHOULD be that way is a can of worms I don't want to open because I'm not a game developer.

Just because you ranked in the top 100 and earned the reward 3 seasons ago shouldn't entitle you to exclusivity for life. You've had months (years really) to bask in your achievement and be proud. And you should be. I'm certainly proud of people when I see the PVP armor or mounts, or anything else that takes a lot of work to achieve.

But eventually the achievement fades...and it becomes accessible to a larger group. I'm a prolific crafter. Am I mad because Moogles became a beast tribe where people could level their crafters after I grinded to the teeth to hit 60 on all of mine BEFORE they were released? Not at all. In fact I'm happy to see more people involved in crafting. Just as I'd be elated to see more people in PVP.

Think about it -- Literally everything in the game is set up to eventually make rewards more attainable. Tomestone gear. Crafting (in terms of the Ixal/Moogle catch up phase). Raiding.

I missed all those PVE seasonal events can I have the rewards?
    Mogstation is that way --->

(Do I think you should have to buy them if you missed them? Not really. I do wish there were ways to attain them in game. But that's not my decision to make).

Those Top 100 rewards are symbolic of a player who had not only the skill, but the determination to get those rewards.
    In many cases, yes. However, match-ups also go like this:

1) Notice good healer is streaming PVP on Twitch
    2) Queue up because good healer is queued and you're more likely to get matched with them than someone that will cause you to lose.
    3) Use third-party tools that practically CALL OUT when someone has used an ability so that you'll know not to waste yours. OR discover exploit that allows you to cast a bunch of Fire IVs in rapid succession. That guy's in the top 100 too. Very skill. Much fire. Wow. OR find people who don't care and will lose on purpose. SE did a lot to fight the win-traders but it's still an issue.
    4) Win. Rinse and repeat

That's neither skill nor determination.

That being said however, like I mentioned before, most who are there deserve to be there. I've played with them and they're excellent, no doubt. Still, this having to rearrange-your-life-because-a-good-healer-is-PVP-streaming-on-Twitch-better-get-in-PVP is a real thing...precisely because your ability to succeed or fail in feast is also determined by other random players. Not even savage raiding does that! At least there you have a static and you work together over time to win.

What you're proposing is a brain dead grind which puts everyone on the same level...
    PVP changes have already put everyone on the same level. And it's already pretty much a brain-dead grind for XP anyway. It's not like FFXIV PVP is some noble bastion of skill and strategy anyway.
    (11)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast