Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Housing is already instanced for indoors, including ones in plots. Amount of people are limited indoors.
    Only outdoors is not limited or have merged instance with the housing zone (Goblet, Lavender, Mist).
    The changes they need is just adding balcony and removing limit on number of apartments.

edit: to be clear, what people buy outside apartments are plots. the house itself is instanced.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    I for one would welcome instant housing and I own a medium house in mist.

I saw less than 5 people in my neighborhood since moving in. I saw no change in their yard decorations ever.

I never have any visitors either...

If SE wants to maintain the neighborhood community feeling, why not keep the current wards as a basis but randomly load in different player housings in any given plot?

Like if 1000 players have instance housing in plot 1, then any one of their houses may be loaded when I enter the ward and walk to plot 1.
    (0)
    Big panda is an awesome bear!

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    I really like the neighborhood feeling of the wards, IF people actually stayed in the housing areas. Before switching servers I had a mansion in a non-subdivision of the Mists and I think I saw maybe two other FCs in that whole ward. All the other houses were owned but it was never populated to the point that it felt like a neighborhood.
    Which is why I would rather see instanced housing. If they make a common area with all of the vendors and common areas as the entrance it would be closer to what you have in the cities. While the people might not interact a lot at least it won't be empty.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sina Qaisi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 67
    The latest bs is not only is there no housing available in any of the three districts on Siren, the few plots that were available have been purchased by people who are holding them for ransom. I know it's a free market/capitalism lovers dream but if you're not going to use the plot give it up for someone who actually wants to build a home.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I have said countless times housing should be instanced, it sounded like they have no intentions on improving the current horrible system.
    Elder Scrolls Online i had no issue what so ever getting a house (i am sure other mmo's have instanced housing also, i just have not played any others)

If the reasoning or some of you had said you like the community feel, well most wards are always empty so why would it even be a big deal have instanced homes?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online i had no issue what so ever getting a house (i am sure other mmo's have instanced housing also, i just have not played any others)
    ESO has one of the best and most satisfying player housing systems I have ever seen. Not only can you easily purchase a home but you also have much more freedom when it comes to decoration. And the exteriors. Magnificent. I only own one house there, Mathiisen Manor, and am planning on getting another, but its insanely entertaining, esp since you can pvp in your house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Oh wow i did not know you can PVP, lol.
    That is rather awesome and perhaps SE can learn from them on how housing should or could have been
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Araminta Kressida
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 81
    Even just a small instanced courtyard off an apartment sounds like fun. The only think lacking in an apartment at the moment is the ability to crossbreed and sharing/fc.
    Also making housing more expensive seems acceptable in my opinion, My fc made double then what we need for a mansion in just over 4 months and alot of our newer members can afford a cottage when they hit level 50 on their main, although most have crafters to level 30 and have been savvy with there gil.
    (0)
    White Mage | Summoner | Bard
    Ninja | Paladin
    Disciple of the Hand | Disciple of the Land

Feel free to add me on Discord: Araminta#0287 Ask me for my PSN! FFXIV Instagram @araminta_ffxiv
    Signature was made using: http://ff14card.tank.jp ; Credit to the designer!

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Araminta View Post
    The only think lacking in an apartment at the moment is the ability to crossbreed and sharing/fc.
    This has been bugging me. Can FC own an apartment? A house is too big imo for a commune center for members unless FC caters to outsiders.
    Apartment is perfect for just a lobby and rooms management with workshop. I would love this idea for small family FC.
    Most of the times we're only active during holidays so not getting auto demolished when we can't play is a plus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Apartments are only for personal ownership.
    (2)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast