Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

Dear Healers who don't DPS

Hey Healers,

First off, I just want to preface this by saying I've leveled all the healers to 70. While I'm not the best healer by far, I am extremely familiar at all the capabilities that every healer brings to the table.

I also have all three tanks at 70. During leveling both I noticed a trend and that is healers who don't DPS and just stand there.

I do everything in my power to give you breathing room. I use my Def CD's liberally, rotating them. I use Hallowed Ground during trash pulls, sometimes use Clemency on myself. I avoid all the bad AOE's, use Dark Arts > Abyssal Drain and spam the heck out of Steel Cyclone. Yet the number of healers I see doing nothing is amazing. I'm above 75% hp consistently, and you're standing there.

Every other job in the game has to be pushing a button on every single GCD, why do so many of you feel you don't have to do the same? You should be pushing some button every GCD that has a positive effect, that includes DPSing. Healers that don't simply aren't using their full kit and it would be unacceptable for any other job to be doing the same.

I see healers all the time complain about tanks who aren't using their CD's, but so many healers aren't using their full kit as well.

Quite honestly, it makes me want to maximize my dps by staying in damage stance or not work as hard to avoid AOE's if the healers I'm grouped with only want to heal. Why should I work harder if they are not willing to as well?

So please, the developers made it easier so we don't have to stance dance anymore as healers. Please, don't be lazy, and always be casting something.

- Credt: Jollyy5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyy5 View Post
    (52)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 09-20-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: updated info.

Player
    Character
    Boris Taglia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Dear fledgling tank, we don't really need another thread on the subject of healer dps. Thanks.
    (118)

Player
    Character
    Kitty Dad
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    *A Healer DPS thread is created, releasing a powerful musk in the air and it attracts monsters!*
    (100)

Player
    Character
    Underlord Djinn
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    It works both ways... I have tank n healer. There's tanks that don't do what they need to do, causing healers to not be able to dps cause constant stressful healing. While there's healers that don't dps... So it kinda cancels each other out... Lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Dear tanks that don't pop CDs, you suck
    Dear DPS that don't AoE, you suck
    Dear Healers that don't DPS, you suck.

/thread.
    (91)

Player
    Character
    Sylvana Tenebri
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 79
    Oh hey we have another casual thread cussing about a section of the playerbase. There is no way this won't get entertaining.

By this point SE may as well just up dps spell mana costs and reduce dps spell potency and put an end to the argument.

OT: Healers OP, PLZ NERF?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Junpei Iorii
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    You don't pay my sub!
    (Side note: It's really fun to DPS as a WHM. The sound of Stone is soothing. No idea why lol.)
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Who really has the energy to be this upset about healers not dpsing in a casual dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    I see healers all the time complain about tanks who aren't using their CD's, but so many healers aren't using their full kit as well.
    Not the same thing. A tank not using their CDs can cause a run to not be possible to complete. A healer not DPSing just...makes it a tiny bit longer.
    (31)
    Last edited by Elamys; 07-30-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hood Rat
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    The last time I participated in one of these threads I was literally told that healers can't dps when they don't need to heal because they have to stop healing to dps. It's like they're not even trying to come up with good excuses anymore.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Kuwagami Tarynke
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 78
    Posts like these make me want SE to bring dps roles's dps casually up to 7/8 times what any tank/heal can ever dream off and adapt the overworld accordingly.

If you are reduced to the point of shitting on healers not dpsing, I'll make it a point to *not* dps if I ever meet you. Not that I can't. Your attitude pisses me off and and you don't need my dps to clear such casual content anyway.
    (24)

Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast