Player
    Character
    Ren Aiuchi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

Non-raiding Anima light farming?

Heya, I just got to the step with my AST's anima weapon where I need to farm the 2000 lights and was wondering what would be the best way to farm the light that isn't doing Alexander since I don't wanna drag a group just to help farm light for little ol' me?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astrid Arkwright
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Frontlines gives light win or lose and most people in there dont know what they're doing anyway so unless you go AFK you can't really mess up too badly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Try setting up an A1S light farm group. You'd be surprised how many people are still doing it. Then you got oddballs like me who just wanna help out, so join w/o a relic
    (1)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Ren Aiuchi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Well, I wouldn't want to be totally useless, so as a Ast, is there anything in particular I need to do in pvp or am I still focused on keeping people alive as best I can while throwing out card buffs?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ren Aiuchi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Try setting up an A1S light farm group. You'd be surprised how many people are still doing it. Then you got oddballs like me who just wanna help out, so join w/o a relic
    Well the main issue is that I never did Alexander when it was relevant since I stopped playing HW at 3.1 or so and didn't really come back until SB so I only have the first set of Alexander unlocked with none of the others available.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Renryuu View Post
    Well the main issue is that I never did Alexander when it was relevant since I stopped playing HW at 3.1 or so and didn't really come back until SB so I only have the first set of Alexander unlocked with none of the others available.
    Given you're level 70 and you can farm light unsynced, you can pretty much ignore mechanics, with a tank and 6 dps all level 70. Just unlock Savage, set it up (maybe explain you have bonus too, people like that as well), go in. and no issues as you'll breeze through the fights so fast. So while I see your point, it's not as much of an issue as you think it is. Good luck
    (1)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Ren Aiuchi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Well I may give it a try. About how many runs of Savage would I need to finish the weapon, if you know?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    ]

Im working on anima as well for a few jobs but the fact is the level 270 weapon looks exactly the same as the 275 I wouldnt even farm for light I just stop at 270 the only difference is the color but the weapons look exactly the same
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Namida Hikari
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Renryuu View Post
    Well I may give it a try. About how many runs of Savage would I need to finish the weapon, if you know?
    If I'm correct it's... about... 200... (the reason I gave up and wait for a possible nerf at 4.1)
    (0)
    Last edited by Namida-Hikari; 07-30-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ren Aiuchi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Oh dear, this is gonna take a while. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by bswpayton View Post
    ]

Im working on anima as well for a few jobs but the fact is the level 270 weapon looks exactly the same as the 275 I wouldnt even farm for light I just stop at 270 the only difference is the color but the weapons look exactly the same
    I know, but I really love the purple aura of the Lux version and it matches my Setzer glamour a bit better than the shiny yellow of the normal.
    (0)