Player
    Character
    Mi'amore Celentine
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

I need everyone's advice

Hey all sorry to post this around but I need some serious advice.
    Basically I'm being harassed by a player ingame and the GM's are doing nothing to stop it.
    I tried blacklisting him and he ended up stalking me.
    He kept updating his search info to trash talk me and obv he's been talking behind my back but nobody is listening (but it's still annoying).
    This has been going on now for maybe 3 weeks? A month maybe more.
    Why is this happening? Basically he wanted me to fall in love with him in-game and RL and I didn't - quite obviously.
    This might sum things up: http://imgur.com/a/wVjWz <--- just made this link private now as I've been made aware I need to cover the names)
    The GM's have a copy of that and yet they just say "we're investigating".
    Any advice would be more than welcome
    (0)
    Last edited by A1ch3mi57; 07-27-2017 at 04:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Wow that's pretty harsh.
    Sadly, the only thing you can do is report and black list him. The GMs take this kind of thing seriously, so they probably are really investigating it and will take action once they come to a conclusion.
    Whatever you do, don't start talking back to him, don't insult him, he can use that against you. Also you should remove the name from the pictures, naming and shaming is a bannable offense and you don't want to get banned over a guy like this, right?
    Sorry I couldn't give you more advice
    But stay strong, don't give in to that kind of behaviour. I hope the GMs manage to sort this out for you soon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mi'amore Celentine
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    (Didn't know that was bannable but thank you)
    Yeah I'm holding on. It's wearing me out a bit but, I guess I just got to put up with it for now I just want to have peace
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vacur Belmont
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    edited: [oops nvm]
    (0)
    Last edited by Vacur; 07-31-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vindicta Oyuki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    That sounds like a rather unfortunate situation. Sincerely hope you resolve it - do reach out if you need help in any way.
    (0)
    Guild Leader, Dungeons & Dragoons <<DnD>>
    Phoenix-EU

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Stop being so invested in online relationships? Close thread.
    (1)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'm sorry your having such as a hard time. As a GM for other games I really can't speak on how SE handles it yet for the most part should be the same. Three Factors;

1. How many people are reporting it, if it's just you it will take time. Others that witness it can also report him and helps.

2. Proof that you can provide. Nice job giving them the details.

3. How often you interact with them. Before they can band or do a temp suspension they must know if your adding to it or allowing them to.

If I were you I would probably request people who are witnessing this to help you out. Also nothing fuels a troll like acknowledging them. They may continue to stalk you but will eventually realize they are wasting their time being they aren't even worth your attention.IF it's hard for you try accessing areas differently. Example fate grinding really has no time to harass you. If your crafting do it from your home or FC room. There are various ways to ignore them and place them on edge. You could also change your characters name as well, may help. Just unfriend them first if they are in your friend list. Too bad your not in my server I would help you deal with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 07-29-2017 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Charater limit

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    If i where you i would just keep ignore, i mean if noone listen to the kids trash talk then just move on. School start soon anyway summer holiday is almost over .
    if you feel so offended then you should keep report ofc in the end they will do something.
    But try be strong. Don't give in.

Oh and if guy keep be anoying and im online just send a tell i would love to make fun of the player
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wyrm Limion
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    It's sad that events like this are such a common occurrence. I felt I needed to reply to this as I know an old friend who went through the same despite the GM's intervention the person just made new accounts and continued the harassment, nothing the GM's could do.

Only one solution worked for her, creating a new account and starting over, new name, new everything.

Its not the solution you were looking for likely but it is a guaranteed fix to this if it doesn't end after the GM's take action.
    (0)
    Admin of the FFXIV Fan Events Discord - EU.
    https://discord.gg/VG5Tkxd

Player
    Character
    Millerna Astor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Not that much to do about it other than keep ignoring him. Eventually he'll stop because he's not getting the attention he's seeking.
    (0)