Sir Alucard
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 64

[Crafting] Allow players to contribute serverwide on crafting events

Hi there,

Simple suggestion regarding crafting:
    I believe it could be interesting to implement the possibility to allow crafters to work on serverwide events.

Let's take for example an outpost built to push back the empire.
    Players should be able to bring some resources on some buildings.
    Those buildings would be displayed and built only when all the expected resources would be delivered.

I believe the potential is quite important here as this could allow contests between each servers. In the same time, it would allow gatherers and crafters to contribute to something else but themselves.

Frustrating to see that Mogs, Doma and other regions need to see things built and some peoples are looking forward into giving some help !

Simple point of view. What do you guys think about this ?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sir-Alucard; 07-26-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Has to have some form of reward. Gathering and crafting are both time and gil intensive, on top of already having to have a battle class leveled to unlock content required for each.

Is there a way for things to be destroyed? Like if the battle classes don't defend it? If there is only a single build then many people will be locked out from the event due to it simply finishing and not existing anymore.

I am thinking along the lines of something like GW2 has, where certain Fates or world events would have an actual visual effect on the world if won or lost. Buildings being destroyed or built, enemy numbers being diminished or increased in certain areas.

If it is along these lines then yes more power to it and I think it would bring a much MUCH needed form of community to the game and actually make playing feel like you are accomplishing something, other than looking fancy.
    (1)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Sir Alucard
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 64
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Indeed, a lot of possibilities are there, like the ones you mentionned:
    Ranking, landscape changing, community involvement.

I really believe some interesting things could be done with this !
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lillian Mandragora
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I mean, the reward could be somewhat customized locations for players. Basing some appearances on types of materials brought rather than locking into we need xx ore and xx logs. Reward could be seeing a in game place you helped shape the appearance of, that would be reward enough for me to go get 100 logs or something a day to throw in a pile. If a reward must be given, make it xp or gil (depending on level) for contributing to the rebuilding of the location.

I would limit the types of materials a bit to a range of sorts or make special types available at various nodes / special crafting recipe so that the materials wouldn't be level locked and would allow players to instead of going for the easiest to make/gather, the one they like the most.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Underlord Djinn
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    There was something in ffxi called besieged. Where in a major city, mobs and asst. Bosses would appear in town, to take it over. If they weren't killed or destroyed, they took the king of said city. Doing so put the city in unrest, causing many shops and vendors to not sell items. That is, until a mission was taken by many players to fight to get such king released. So if your taking about outposts, these outposts can sell certain items, or other rewards.... And to make them acquirable, you must build the outposts and defend them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Irish Dude
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    I would love to see some sort of fate type system implemented in Capital cities for crafting. Maybe players could help contribute to the seasonal events that normal usual take place, instead of everything to being done for us. If its a players celebration event, i think the players should help with setup provisions.
    (0)