Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nyx Kai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    On Phoenix the queues are no where near back to normal. If I want to do them all except guild and frontline it's a good 4 hours + which is double what it was before SB. Making it practically impossible to run them daily as there just isn't enough time. Now I've been a player since the start and can honestly say that queue times for Heavensward, at least on Phoenix, were fantastic no problems at all. Now it's just a total chore every day
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Adding more tanks and healers won't impact the queues much at all outside early access. Both roles are widely less popular because they demand more input from the player. It didn't help the devs attempted to force a playstyle many tanks outright reject, thus pushing them away from the role entirely.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nowaki Yoko
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMissingno View Post
    ... I'm sure the DPS community would be grateful...
    You just answered yourself, the healers community and the Tanks community would remain alike even if more Tanks/healers are added... Why? i mean, i would love to get another healer and i would totally try it out ! also my friend would die for a new tank... so yeah that point its true, more people will be hyped about new classes and will try them out, now the thing is, Im already a healer and he is already a tank, people would certianly try out new classes, but new roles? not so much, so you would have all the healers playing the new heal and a all the tanks playing the new tanks, while the DPS community would remain the same, in the end still the same amount of Tanks healers and dps.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexionSkylark View Post
    Yoshi-P mentioned in one of the past live letters that adding a new tank and healer in HSW did NEXT TO NOTHING to DPS/Non-DPS ratio. Most people making DRK/AST (aside from initial hype) were the ones who already tanked/healed with other classes.
    That is awesome math he has. Tanks and healers stayed tanks and healers because they had a new choice. But this time he didn't offer them a choice. The scale is bound to tip in one direction when no other choice is offered.

To the original complaint It should balance out by 4.1. People will have settled back into their old grooves. Returning players (while no evidence I feel are more likely to be dps) will be bored of the same tomestone cycle and gone.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    sorry you're experiencing this, but I have to say that at least on primal, things getting back to normal. I do agree during EA as well as 2 weeks later, we got queue's of 45 minutes and more, that's when lot's of us started leveling that tank/heals. As SE then introduced the clusters to the leveling roulette, it went down to around 30 minutes, still higher than it was before SB obviously. Now that lots of people taking a break, since nothing major happening till august or even later, the queue went down to around 8 minutes.

Even during prime time, or non prime time, I don't wait longer than 10 minutes as a DPS. Sure my dps is 70 tho, giving SE lot's of trials/dungeons to match me as, if you're still leveling I can see that this might go up by a little and that should be expected.

The funny part is, the last week, I am actually waiting longer on my healer then I wait for my dps queue. Thought I would lvl my ast, since I got whm to 70 already, and while my AST is in the higher 60's, I sometimes sit there for 20 minutes, before leveling or 50/60 roulette even pops. Shall I go and open a topic about that? Maybe the healer community would appreciate it.
    (0)
    Last edited by LunaFaye; 07-26-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I don't touch leveling roulette, needs a better reward. I've been avoiding dungeons since 3.4. Think I have PTSD from them?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aphrael Amarantha
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 51
    To everyone who is saying just be a tank/healer, what if he sucks at that role so badly that not even help from others will do any good, he just sucks at it and its not his thing and will never get any better regardless of how hard he tries? (not trying to insult the op, just giving a situation for people to think about first before crying play tank/healer) What if those roles just do not click? Would you rather have someone that sucks at a role in your party just for a fast DF queue or would you rather have someone who can actually perform well with their chosen role (like DPS for example)?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noyoyo Noyo
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AphraelAmarantha View Post
    To everyone who is saying just be a tank/healer, what if he sucks at that role so badly that not even help from others will do any good, he just sucks at it and its not his thing and will never get any better regardless of how hard he tries? (not trying to insult the op, just giving a situation for people to think about first before crying play tank/healer) What if those roles just do not click? Would you rather have someone that sucks at a role in your party just for a fast DF queue or would you rather have someone who can actually perform well with their chosen role (like DPS for example)?
    Sorry for sounding offensive but if you can't perform well enough as any role in bottom line content like tome dispenser dungeons you won't perform well with any role, period.

Whether you enjoy it or not is another matter.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aphrael Amarantha
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by mosaicex View Post
    Sorry for sounding offensive but if you can't perform well enough as any role in bottom line content like tome dispenser dungeons you won't perform well with any role, period.

I disagree. I'm pretty decent at DPS, but I am terrible with healing and tanking and I cant get my head around it. Some roles some people are just not meant to play.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aethys Aeon
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by mosaicex View Post

Just because I know how to play PLD well doesnt mean i know how to play SCH in the least. Just because I can play DRK doesnt mean I know how AST works.

Knowing the fundamentals of the game as a whole translates into basic functionality with any job. However, to equate familiarity with 1 job with all jobs is a stretch at best. That's not how things work. You see... the human brain is this tricky thing and each individual one processes things differently. It's so weird, right!?
    (2)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast