Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I like the token system (apart from the whole bloating the inventory thing) because it means loot is eventually guaranteed. WoW did away with badges in lieu of personal loot and personal loot is never guaranteed... so you could go indefinitely without an upgrade. So I much prefer this.

On the other hand, it does suck to lose the rolls over and over again while just pugging.

The happy medium might be an RNG-softener where you can designate a token you really want for the week, and if that's the only thing you roll on instance after instance and keep losing, you'll get a growing bonus to your lots so eventually RNG is overwhelmingly in your favor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeykama View Post
    The happy medium might be an RNG-softener where you can designate a token you really want for the week, and if that's the only thing you roll on instance after instance and keep losing, you'll get a growing bonus to your lots so eventually RNG is overwhelmingly in your favor.
    That's actually, a very good idea. Though eventually it would need to reach a point where you're guaranteed the loot. I mean if something like that were to happen, I would probably be OK with running Omega over and over to get the gear. Right now I only do O4 once a week for the Crystalloid because it's inflexible RNG for the other drops, and then cap tomestones. I could end up with extreme bad luck and run the same duty a thousand times and still not get my drop. All because RNG decides it wants to be vindictive to me. An RNG-softener which would shift the odds more in my favour the more I do it, would encourage me to face it (unless it was something ridiculous like 1 million runs for the RNG to be overwhelmingly in your favour). I don't mind someone getting lucky RNG speeding up the process, but I want a way that I can at least progress without having to bash my head again and again at something that bad RNG could mean I don't progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristann View Post
    You're just being punished for being lazy to socialize and RNGesus doesn't like lazy people. That is all. We never had to run any Omega Normal more than 8 times.
    This is one thing that drives me nuts. I do try to make friends, but because I have social and communication difficulties due to disability, I find it extremely hard (and I'm constantly getting into problems because of the difficulties with communication). And that's only with a MILD disability. People who have it more severely than I do, will have even more trouble. So we should be screwed over for finding it very hard to make connections?
    (0)
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 08-04-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    the system was created like this for a reason , to keep ppl running the content , like the OP , as healer if u got what u want on 1 run , u wont running a 2nd time outside helping a friend. but now u kill the boss a 2nd or 3rd ...giving others a chance of getting the item too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blank Belmont
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    You're just being punished for being lazy to socialize and RNGesus doesn't like lazy people. That is all. We never had to run any Omega Normal more than 8 times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cakellene St
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I like EQ's system. Random drops plus currency everyone gets to buy pieces if RNG hates you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaos Conna
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasylia View Post
    I don't understand how people have the nerve to complain about the current system, which is allready a huge step into "easy peasy" from the original way raid loot worked.
    She wasn't around for the dark days of crystal tower, hoping your item would drop from that one boss, and when it didn't having to redo the whole thing again q_q
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    dont worry everyone has been there with lucky moments of RNG that screw your day
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teddy Ursa
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I 100% agree with this. It's really annoying and a simple solution is to turn it into a weekly quest and let us select the item we need. Rather than leaving it in the hands of RNG and having us so angry we resent this game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Senliten Solstice
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Conna View Post
    She wasn't around for the dark days of crystal tower, hoping your item would drop from that one boss, and when it didn't having to redo the whole thing again q_q
    How about even darker times. When Turn 1 dropped nothing but Goon pieces for weeks on end XD.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasylia View Post
    I don't understand how people have the nerve to complain about the current system, which is allready a huge step into "easy peasy" from the original way raid loot worked.
    How is new system easy when run it multiple times just to never win a roll. How it is now 4 people don't get a thing for helping out. If they don't fix it I sure won't be running raids. Don't like running a dungeon or raid and feel like my time was wasted because you didn't get a thing out of it. Other mmo's played you get a item at end and keep saving them up each week to turn in for gear piece you want. then once tanks and healers get there items for week they stop then how is that going to help dps that didn't win a piece yet. Because there shortage on tanks.
    (0)
    Last edited by hynaku; 08-07-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast