Player
    Character
    Kalli Porfiriobren
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Mini pet suggestion (tribute request)

I know this is a long shot but I thought I would throw it out.

My cat has just passed away, he was a sweet boy and used to ALWAYS be on my lap while I was playing. He was a little gamer cat and loved nothing more than to curl up and occasionally hit the keyboard to help. This world has meant a lot to me and he was always a big part of that. So if at all possible could we please have a little grey cat miniion?

This is Godric Dagda and he was a gamer cat. It would be nice to have a reminder of him in a world that I call home... I know its a long shot... but thanks anyway.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kalli Porfiriobren
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    A minion of Godric Dagda would really mean the world to me. The world of FFXIV has become home to me it really has and for him to live on in game and be shared with the world for them to love would just mean so much to me. He loved sleeping on my lap when I played and sometimes hit the keyboard to 'help' (Such as pulling all the mobs in Stone Vigil before we were ready, spamming chat with random keys and generally making people laugh when I had to explain his antics) As you can see he was grey with green eyes. A kitten minion that is a tribute to him would just mean the world to me. Thank you for considering.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tordek Garrott
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I agree this would be a nice idea
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    While the sentiment is nice, the only problem I can see from this is that if they did accommodate a minion for you, they would need to for everyone that requests it.

It is definitely never pleasant when a loved companion like that passes(or any family/friend).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Sorry to hear about your lost OP, try not to take it too hard. /comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Avatre View Post
    While the sentiment is nice, the only problem I can see from this is that if they did accommodate a minion for you, they would need to for everyone that requests it.

It is definitely never pleasant when a loved companion like that passes(or any family/friend).
    I agree with your point, but to be fair, this particular request shouldn't require too much resources. We already have a black cat minion in game, they just need to adjust the color and perhaps change the texture a little.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    I agree with your point, but to be fair, this particular request shouldn't require too much resources. We already have a black cat minion in game, they just need to adjust the color and perhaps change the texture a little.
    Valid point. But the requests from others if this one is granted could cause them to have to divert resources from other areas to process the requests if people find out it was granted due to them expecting their request to be granted.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eden Dawn
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I don't know if SE can do something like this, but I just wanted to stop by to say I'm sorry you lost your little friend. I'm sure he'll keep on gaming wherever it is that cats move onto after this world!

You could perhaps also name a retainer in his honour? That way he can keep helping you in-game by holding onto your stuff.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kalli Porfiriobren
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I don't have much expectation as I understand if they did this for everyone they could get flooded. However I don't think many feel as connected too or in-love with this world that would want their loved one remembered in this way. Also I am not sure they would be happy with having a tribute item shared with the world. For my part I would welcome people having a minion based on him. Sharing that love with a world I adore is something positive IMO. I know its a long shot but felt it couldn't hurt to ask.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights-Rune View Post
    I don't have much expectation as I understand if they did this for everyone they could get flooded. However I don't think many feel as connected too or in-love with this world that would want their loved one remembered in this way. Also I am not sure they would be happy with having a tribute item shared with the world. For my part I would welcome people having a minion based on him. Sharing that love with a world I adore is something positive IMO. I know its a long shot but felt it couldn't hurt to ask.
    What I did when our cat passed, was name a retainer after her, and design that retainer to resemble her(as close as I could). That's one option that you might be able to explore if you have an extra retainer to use, or don't mind getting rid of and replacing one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights-Rune View Post
    However I don't think many feel as connected too or in-love with this world that would want their loved one remembered in this way.
    People have wanted statues/grave markers to remember their friends, fc mates and family that have passed on as well. Maybe at some point they'll add a grey cat, but perhaps you can appoint one of your other minions as tribute to your lost companion. There's no reason he can't have a different in-game form too.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast