Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    @Daniolaut

>It's been mentioned again and again in this thread why sprint toggle/shorter cooldown would be a nice thing to add. Have you been reading?

Being forced to change jobs to have access to something like similar to sprint is just... terrible.
    You mentioned clunkiness in gathering because of mounts - this is one good reason why we'd like toggle. This is also one good reason why changing to rogue or bard is awful - if mount is already clunky enough as is, imagine having to swap to a class you possibly didn't even want to level in the first place (and you would have to level it - sprinting around SB areas with a lvl 20 bard is laughable).

You just keep saying we "don't need it" "xi doesn't have it" (all the while mentioning we shouldn't mention games that DO have it, lmao), while saying that there are aspects that are not as fluid as they could be (again, gathering), and just keep shooting down the idea without suggesting anything?...

I'm gonna mention (again) some things that have (already, multiple times) been mentioned in this thread that would benefit from toggle sprint:
    >Low levels (no access to mounts)
    >Running errands in cities (i.e leve hand ins)
    >Gathering
    >Sightseeing log spots

There's a ton, really.

I'd like to see something a little more credible than the "people will just want faster and faster!!!" argument :/

NOTE: I love people saying ffxiv is its own game and also saying ffxi didn't have sprint
    (3)
    Last edited by Spiroglyph; 08-06-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Drake Orkaan
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpark View Post
    1. It would stress the servers(I am no dev so I don't know if just because some game has it this one can too)
    im no game developer either, but i do know a few games that are just as big (content-wise) as ffxiv with more graphics and consistent mobility. this statement has been used so many times by the developers and im wondering why they haven't fixed these server limitations with our subscription money in the first place.

am i wrong to be suspicious?

did we not just get an insane mount speed boost?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Les Mhaura
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 72
    Why do you need faster movespeed though? We have mounts! Just because running really fast feels better?

Again just to say it. Final fantasy is not and has never been a universe where you move fast. Other games like sword art, Tera, aion, perfect world, star wars and black desert are universes where speed makes sense and has been designed around.

You keep saying "tired of this and that argument", but you being tired of it doesn't make it any less of a real argument and it is by no means debunked that if something like this gets implemented, people are just gonna want more and more.

As someone else already said, there are design issues. Maps aren't made at just random sizes. Movespeed, level range and travel options are all considered when creating the zones. This is to have some sort of frame around how fast people are going trough them during leveling, gathering and good old sightseeing.

As for towns, you can teleport everywhere from anywhere. Major hubs even allow mounts now. NPCs are all bunched on top of each other in New content too.

There really is no argument for faster move speed other than "i want it."

I want more artwork, more primals, more exploration, expanding on the underwater aspect, more to craft, real content. I don't want the devs to be forced into looking to working on junk.. Although I would support alchemists being able to make and sell 10% out of combat movespeed potions. That's a whole lot better!

As for the qol aspect of this idea.. A button to delete all deleted characters on the block list is a qol change. This is just a cheat.
    (1)
    Last edited by Skogli; 08-07-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    "this game is its own game" "no other final fantasy games have fast movement" "why do you need fast movement though?"

But inconsistencies aside, though, toggle is not the only suggestion to movement speed that's been presented in this thread. Your own idea, x% mov speed craftable potion, is awesome too.

There are other options as well:
    as i've mentioned a couple pages back, being able to equip peloton or an equivalent to most classes (except only rdps would be able to use them in battle instances) would be nice too. Hell of a lot nicer than to have to swap to bard when gathering.
    Hell, even something purchasable with GC seals (mentioned this option as well, except in a different thread that was made to complain about the lack of things we have right now that use GC seals)
    Sprint cd outside combat back to how it was in HW

A cheat, you say? because there's no other speed up options for other aspects of this game. Quick synth? Retainer ventures? Are those cheats as well?
    Hell compared to those this IS qol.

Its not just " I want it for no reason ". Remember ephemerals back in HW, when you had to go through three nodes to respawn it? It's one example of many that would benefit from speed boosters

By this point we're all just recycling arguments and it's downgraded to "we want this" vs "we don't want this" with the same comments being posted again and again
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Les Mhaura
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    By this point we're all just recycling arguments and it's downgraded to "we want this" vs "we don't want this" with the same comments being posted again and again
    I agree with this atleast.

When I say cheat, I mean faster movespeed in general. Upping to unlimited sprint or a passive ms increase. Bard song is limited but great utility.

I'm against making sprint unlimited. 100%.garbage,dont need it Imo. Potions, scrolls and even a small boost to gatherers ms however, are qol. As long as we can craft said scrolls or potions and they don't go above 10%.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Don't need to be same sped as sprint, just something more consistent :/ without the trash animation ideally, and craftable would definitelly be a boon
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Letho Orwyth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 82
    Generally walking is a way of giving a player a mental break between actions. It's a minor thing but it's utilized in many games. Sprinting is used as a way to mitigate longer distances, evading enemies, or a reward for making use of its full timer amount. Small game design ticks, yay yay. That being said, the CD is a bit too long to reflect its proper use. It would make more sense for it to be permanently on a 10 second timer with a 30 second cool down and mentally you would not notice it as much. I'd prefer a 15/30 though because that seems like a reasonable reflection on how often people would need it and not be bothered.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kalocin; 08-07-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    By this logic sprint should just be the default run speed out of combat. Its fine as is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Drake Orkaan
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    By this logic sprint should just be the default run speed out of combat. Its fine as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticdraggon View Post
    -sprint is the new default movement?

no. just no. this rumor is based on assumption and its gotten out of hand. everything should work as i've already explained and nothing more (see "players who over-exaggerate my request").
    way ahead of you.
    (0)

Hello there!

Thank you for the continued feedback in regards to the changes made to Sprint in 4.0.

In the previous Letter from the Producer LIVE, Yoshida mentioned that while we require some time, the dev. team is considering making adjustments to Sprint outside of combat.
    (19)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast