Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I think one of the biggest issue with the fairies is that Selene is rarely chosen for defensive reasons. Fey Caress is very powerful but it is rare to come across a fight with many simultaneously casted cleanseable debuffs that cannot be avoided. So most times Selene is chosen for dps reasons and/or if the sch feels they don't need Eos's abilities.

Furthermore I can count on one hand how many times I have successfully used Silent Dusk. Because fairies finish what they're doing before casting something commanded, instead of casting it right away, Silent Dusk can end up being casted when it's too late. I honestly wish SE would take it away and give us something much more useful, even if it's something offensive orientated. Right now Silent Dusk may as well not exist.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    No raid-wise cleanse needed in savage this tier, so that cut down your Selene options to just getting Fey Wind in your opener and swapping to Eos.

Only normal ExDeath had the doom so that was one Fey Caress and then back to Eos at your earliest convenience, like via Dissipate. Silent Dusk was a decent emergency silence option back in Midas Savage for Blaster, but usually had the PLD or ranged handle that. That's not to say Silence and Cleanse won't ever be useful again we just haven't gotten much of a return of those mechanics. I would like to see something like A3S Throttle (2 targets, twice) or T7S Venomous Tail (4 targets) return someday. Forcing healer cross-role/fairy requirements would make things interesting, otherwise it's just ho-hum.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pumpkinspice Latte
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by technole View Post
    Only normal ExDeath had the doom so that was one Fey Caress and then back to Eos at your earliest convenience, like via Dissipate. Silent Dusk was a decent emergency silence option back in Midas Savage for Blaster, but usually had the PLD or ranged handle that. That\\\\\\\\'s not to say Silence and Cleanse won\\\\\\\\'t ever be useful again we just haven\\\\\\\\'t gotten much of a return of those mechanics. I would like to see something like A3S Throttle (2 targets, twice) or T7S Venomous Tail (4 targets) return someday. Forcing healer cross-role/fairy requirements would make things interesting, otherwise it\\\\\\\\'s just ho-hum.
    I just dont see how hard it would of been to let Sch fairy return after Dissipate -summoner egi comes back after bahum* - why was that not a option during the SB expansion when doing the 2 pet classes?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rurulu Namilu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It would be so cool if SCH got an ability to temporarily summon both Eos and Selene at the same time. Then they combine their fairy tethers for increased potency.
    (5)
    Fried popoto enthusiast.

Player
    Character
    Pumpkinspice Latte
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by lulunami View Post
    It would be so cool if SCH got an ability to temporarily summon both Eos and Selene at the same time. Then they combine their fairy tethers for increased potency.
    I would love it- it brings back the scholar vibe and I wouldn't mind if it has a 80-100 CD!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Dissipate is super useful with our new Quickened Aetherflow trait. You can reduce the cool down on Aetherflow to 30 seconds with it if you use all six AF stacks quickly enough. You also have to keep in mind that abilties that use MP should be your last resort as a Scholar. I save Largesse for situations where I am out of stacks because it only affects spells. When you mix this with the healing potency bonus of dissipation you get incredibly strong spells that almost seem to warrant the high MP cost. If you are super tactical you always make sure to use Eos healing up ability before Dissipation as well and then you have 20 seconds to rely on Succor with full confidence that your heals are legendary.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adaire Crimson
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    Dissipate is super useful with our new Quickened Aetherflow trait. You can reduce the cool down on Aetherflow to 30 seconds with it if you use all six AF stacks quickly enough. You also have to keep in mind that abilties that use MP should be your last resort as a Scholar. I save Largesse for situations where I am out of stacks because it only affects spells. When you mix this with the healing potency bonus of dissipation you get incredibly strong spells that almost seem to warrant the high MP cost. If you are super tactical you always make sure to use Eos healing up ability before Dissipation as well and then you have 20 seconds to rely on Succor with full confidence that your heals are legendary.
    SCH stacked heal buffs are amazing but I haven't even found a spot yet where I actually need to chaincast 475 pot succors, not even during heavy aoe phases like ninjas in o3s.

If I wanted to solo-heal that part though while the WHM goes crazy-holy-spam-mode it would make it very easy for sure...hmmm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dregenfox; 08-20-2017 at 05:22 AM. Reason: length

Player
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I dunno, I already feel Eos is highly unnecessary in 95% of content-the only places I've ever used her in the last 4 years were A11S, O3S, and O4S. Or the couple times I solo healed Coil I suppose, but that doesn't count I think. Selene is just generally more useful when the outgoing raid damage isn't insane, to me.

I'm all for buffing Selene's attack speed buff though. Make it equivalent to an AoE Arrow and I'll be happy.

Or giving us some other buff (not a heal, more buffs please) in place of Silent Dusk. Getting her to silence the thing in A6S was a nightmare-and what's worse that's the last time I even remember having to use it!
    (0)
    Last edited by FoxyAreku; 08-21-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    It's not so much how much raid damage there is. Eos is necessary in a sense because Whispering Dawn not only is free HPS, but it also increases both healers DPS. The amount of free AoE heals you get in a raid setting is well enough to offset how many manual AoE heals that other healer has to do. Which is why in speed run settings Eos was always the king.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaartis Laggal
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    If it was for me, I would like to change a few things from the fairies:

Summoning fairy cast time reduced to 2.0 seconds.
    Fairies don't share CD between their abilities.
    Sacred Soil and Chain Stratagem become Fairy abilities. Sacred Soil CD increased to 90 seconds. (Selene becomes a fairy that buffs the party DPS)
    Silent Dusk and Fey Caress become SCH abilities. Fay Caress would use 1 Aetherflow stack.
    Dissipation doesn't give aetherflow but switches from Eos to Selene or the other way around instantly.

I think it would solve a few problems with SCH:

Sacred Soil becomes useful since it wouldn't waste aetherflow and wouldn't compete with Indomitability.
    More control over the AoE Esuna and Silence since the own SCH would be able to use them
    Even though you lose control over Sacred Soil and Chain Stratagem, they are much easier to use for the fairy than Silent Dusk and Fey Caress.
    It actively encourages the SCH to use both Fairies in combat since they wouldn't share CD's and the cast time would be low (even though a bit expensive)
    Makes dissipation attractive.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast