Player
    Character
    Hecky Insane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Returnee in need of help

I was playing the game in ARR where i got all my DotH classes to level 50. I never got around to opening the master recipes but i do remember that being i thing, i think? Anyhow, i just returned and i most say i find myself completely overwhelmed.

First of, i cant really remember how i crafted. Like, what order of skills i used and such. And from what i have gatherd after reading close to 50 guides/videos/forums on the matter, skills have changed abit? I been trying to figure out how best to get started on my leveling. After reading one guide and getting to it, it turnes out this guide is out of date and not a valid way anymore. Then some guides tell me to try this thing called collectables, which i spend all morning reading about and now getting mixed signals that collectables 50-60 is NOT a good idea. And i dont even fully understand what it is
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hecky Insane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Can someone please direct me to someplace that will give me the basic information i need to get into my crafts thats up to date? I been trying to find some desent macros too but they all have a very high CP requierment. Any pointers on what gear to focus on getting while leveling would be awesome aswell. Every advice i can get is more then welcome! And much appriciated. I just feel completely overwhelmed with everything
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This duder wrote a nice guide: http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-ad...e-tsukino.156/

If you're still unsure on things, but want to be doing something constructive, spend your time gathering. That way you can make yourself overpowered gear to make stuff easier.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cleanse; 07-18-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Caimie's guide(the one Cleanse linked) is a good one to understand how all of your skills work together again. Her work helped me out when i was getting started. At least try to skim it, if not find time to read it. For leveling, youve got a couple options. Start by looking at your equipment. If you have good crafting gear you can probly jump straight in to the lower level HW recipes(once you've become re-familiarized with your skills). If your gear is a bit out of date, focus on making level 50 recipes until you reach level 51. Then you can get/make a HQ set of the lvl 51 crafting gear to get up to speed. One thing you will notice is that the game starts to emphasize that recipes higher level then you are harder to complete then lower level ones, meaning that you should try to stick to your level and below when you can.

To summarize collectables... collectables are basically a new form of leve. Theres a daily list for each class, and you can make and turn in items to your hearts content. There are 2 main differences between collectables and leves(aside from who you turn them in to and what rewards you get aside from exp). Leves require you to spend allowances, while collectables are infinite. Leves you just need to turn in, collectables you need to make and turn in. The first difference is self explanatory, the second is more subtle. You can buy or have a friend make leve items for you to turn in, but collectables are untradable so you need to do the final combine yourself(though where/how you get the mats is your own business). Leves also have 2 tiers of reward(normal and hq), collectables have 3(though the difference from tier 1-3 isnt as big as the nq-hq is for leves).

So, as for leveling. Your grand company turn in is an excellent once per day per class source of exp, and you should do these whenever you have time(especially the starred recipes, especially if you turn in HQ for the starred recipes). You still have a leve allowance, and your crafters are as good a place to spend it as any. Collectables can augment all of these approaches with extra exp on demand. And if you advance the storyline far enough(and jump through a couple hoops), you can unlock a tribe of moogles as an allied beast tribe. They have a large crafting project they want to complete(restoring some ancient ruins), but lack the knowledge and discipline of a true crafter and could use your guidance. This ends up being another great source of exp for the 51-60 push.

So hopefully thats enough to get you started. Im sure some others will chime in with stuff that i missed. And keep asking any questions you may have. Best of luck!
    (1)
    Last edited by Frizze; 07-18-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jelly Baby
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    That's actually really useful information, I got myself to 50 WVR in ARR, before HW and I just recently came back for Stormblood and just got back into it. I honestly had no idea what collectables were even though I had heard of them! but its good to know they are like leves, just have to be made rather than bought
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hecky Insane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Thank you all for agvice and directioning, much appriciated
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I dunno if it's mentioned but get the moogle quests unlocked too. Their dailies might not really improve your crafting but its some easy exp each day at the least and access to some NQ gear if you want to grab it for an easy boost later before crafting better gear.
    (2)