Character
    Ryla Bee
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    For level 60:
    - always have Heavy Trust buff on
    - try to keep up BoTD, since it increases Jump&Spineshatter damage and is needed to perform Fang and Claw, Wheeling Thrust and Geirskogul
    a) On short-lived single targets you go for Fang and Claw combo
    b) On AoE you spamm Doomspike (from lvl62 Doomspike+Sonic) and pepper it with Geirskog and Dragonfire Dive
    c) On bosses you go first for Wheeling Thrust combo then do Fang and Claw combo, refresh Heavy Thrust between them as needed.

OGCD cooldowns at this point can realy be used as-they-come, since there is no building of eyes towards Nastrond.

Upkeep of Blood of the Dragon is made easier at lvl 64 (Lance Mastery passive), but it also makes combos even longer and therefore more vulnerable to luls/intermezzos in the fight.
    I dislike the 5-skills long combos for this very reason, but it is what it is..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valeria Lancet
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    So I have a question, I got my Mendacity helm piece which is BiS when upgraded to 370 due to having better secondary stats than the Diamond (raid) Helm. However, the Diamond Helm dropped on today's raid. I'm having a tough time deciding if the fact that it's 370 makes it better than the other one. Any advice? Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Michael Stormcloud
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeriaL View Post
    So I have a question, I got my Mendacity helm piece which is BiS when upgraded to 370 due to having better secondary stats than the Diamond (raid) Helm. However, the Diamond Helm dropped on today's raid. I'm having a tough time deciding if the fact that it's 370 makes it better than the other one. Any advice? Thanks!
    Generally speaking (and this applies to all jobs), I go for higher ilvl because the difference in main stats tends to be superior to the difference in secondary stats (crafted pieces sometimes being an exception due to overmelds). Just my 2 cents.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khel Pyke
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Dragoon Relic, better than the mendacity weapon at least not 360 non upgraded version. Also read somewhere that dye changes glow color. (False Report)

(Image from DarthKaldar Reddit, FFXIV Patch 4.25 Datamining thread)
    (1)
    Last edited by Khel; 03-15-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Dye does not change glow color. The glow changes between red, purple, blue every few seconds for most of the relics (some shift to orange).

Also thank god it doesn't have Skill Speed. I'm stuck at like 990 skill speed until I get more Diamond pieces...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krisom Stillwater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Was wondering if my 360 Otegine is still better than my 355 Relic Weapon? The former has Det/SkS 2x Materia slots and the latter has CRT/DH 5x Materia slots. WD is 1 difference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunks Foy
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I just returned to the game after being on hiatus since about 2 weeks after 4.0 launch, and I was wondering what kind of numbers I should be putting up. at i314 I'm averaging around 3700-3900 depending on party or not. What kind of numbers should I see at i360/370?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sera Fell
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I'd say around 5K on average, assuming no food or anything. For best case, check fflogs for Chadarmook stats, since that's a 100% uptime fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by complexmath; 05-26-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rocka Langrisser
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 78
    Hello Dragoons.

I am looking for something trivial and simple, yet very useful to me. I always seem to reapply the Heavy Thrust buff, when it is not needed, resulting in loss of a GCD and having an impact on my overall DPS. What I am looking for is to create a trigger in ACT, to bleep or Yell for what it's worth, when the Heavy Thrust has 3-4 seconds left. This way it will remind me to just hit the skill then, and not when it has over 15 secs left.
    I hope this makes some sense to you. Thanks for all the help you might give.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    You should drill it into your head that your GCD rotation is basically just this: Heavy Thrust - > Chaos Thrust Combo -> Full Thrust Combo -> Heavy Thrust.
    (0)

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast