Player
    Character
    Fester Blight
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80

Steam payment HUGE price increase!

Looks like the prices on steam for non NA players had a HUGE increase in price with no previous announcement.

To put things in perspective: here in Brazil I used to pay 28,99 BRL for a month worth of gametime, this price was just adjusted to 41,99 BRL, which is a 45% increase!! 1 month after the expansion launch and with no announces.

Prices in Russia have also increased, according to some it was an increase of above 200%!

EDIT: the prices got adjusted right after the servers came back up after the 4.05 patch update.

And here is the official answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrateia View Post
    Greetings, everyone!

First, I would like to thank you all for your patience while I got information that could be provided to you. I understand this is an important concern for many of you, and had hoped I would be able to get back to you yesterday, so you would not have to go so long without an update. I would also like to thank you for keeping the thread civil and informative for each other. While there are certainly different perspectives, your tone with each other has been respectful, which allows this discussion to continue.

As you have pointed out, we recently made adjustments to how prices in Brazilian Real and Russian Rubles are calculated for Steam users. These changes were made to bring prices using these currencies in-line with the global pricing structure based on current exchange rates. In addition, these adjustments mean that prices now accurately reflect the pricing provided on our other official channels and currencies.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience while I worked to get this information for you. If people are finding additional pricing discrepancies outside of what was mentioned, please let me know, so they can be looked into.

LGM Enkrateia
    TL;DR: Square decided increasing the prices for players of some regions on steam, steam itself had nothing to do with it(as many are wrongly assuming), since steam is nothing but a portal for you to buy games, they don't set the prices, the game publisher does.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, something extremely usefull:

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    One question? Do you understand that this is practically a break of FFIV User Agreement from your side, and big fraud with selling expansion. In FFIV User Agreement you can see pargraph 4.1 that says FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscription Fee rates will be posted at http://sqex.to/ffxivfees_eu, and any changes to those rates will be posted with 30 days’ advance notice and notice will be provided to the Game community and by email to User’s registered email addresses. If you think that exchange steam rates it's another deal...sorry but no. Valve assumes no responsibility or liability for such third party content that's written in paragraph 5 Steam subscriber agreement http://store.steampowered.com/subscr...ent/english/#5 And if you want change exhange rate in steam you need posted 30 days advance notice. What you can say about this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And youtuber SidAlpha made a very good video covering all of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXjJE0kQtY

Join Holygriever thread if you believe a better solution is possible:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-for-BR-and-RU
    (54)
    Last edited by Nezia; 07-25-2017 at 04:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shan Aurelius
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I haven't noticed a change, and I'm an EU player.

Then again, I renewed my sub a few weeks back for a fairly lengthy time, so it might've gone past me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    L'arc Ciel
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Really? I'm in Brazil as well, and even though I don't play on Steam (I'm on PS4), my sister does, and she paid something like 38,99 BRL for her sub last month. Did it increase this month? If so, she's gonna be pissed when she finds out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fester Blight
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Shang View Post
    I haven't noticed a change, and I'm an EU player.

Then again, I renewed my sub a few weeks back for a fairly lengthy time, so it might've gone past me.
    It literally just got adjusted right after the servers came back up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mamata Mata
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Oh man, just confirmed it. From Brazil too

Why would they do this???
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Leif Vanith
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    This is just wrong... Steam and SE should be more clear about these "price adjusments"
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Rikos Monteflow
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Wow. No announcement. This price is nearly impossible to pay monthly for an online game for most players here . I hope the setting to use lower dollar-BRL ratio come back.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    This combined with how they crapped all over their South American players with the server move... They really don't like SA. >_<
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Alescha Bast
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    That's the corect price with the actual conversion rate.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Fester Blight
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragvon View Post
    That's the corect price with the actual conversion rate.
    Then let them give us local servers.
    (5)

Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast