Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    A'sami Duval
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

Have they changed how contextual character dialogue works?

Something I really liked before 4.0 was the contextual dialogue with NPCs that changed to reflect your character's accomplishments regardless of current class. For example, although I played through most of it as a Ninja, I still got lines such as Y'mhitra acknowledging me from the Summoner quests when she appears elsewhere and Estinien's "two azure dragoons" comment, along with Yugiri's "I see you have been training in the ways of the shinobi". The way these comments acknowledged elements of my character other than my current class was really immersive and interesting to me.

In 4.0, lines like "you're a healer, aren't you?" during a scene with healing or "Fine work, X. Oboro would be proud." when you do some sneaking with Yugiri seem to only trigger if you are playing AS the required class at the time, which is a bit less fun, and "ruins my immersion" just a bit. It's a minor quibble but that attention to detail was definitely one of the things I appreciated the most in the game.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kalin Orthos
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    For me, it was neat to have all my interactions with Raubahn and Pipin with me addressed as "Lieutenant", as I'm part of the Immortal Flames. I'm sure there were others, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kharagan Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    As far as I know, only the Ninja dialouge with Yugiri requires you to be on that class. And, well, the healer dialogue in the cutscene, but that's more because of the nature of it referring to the Job you are on at that moment.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KalinOrthos View Post
    For me, it was neat to have all my interactions with Raubahn and Pipin with me addressed as "Lieutenant", as I'm part of the Immortal Flames. I'm sure there were others, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.
    The RDM quest dialogue changes a lot depending on whether or not you've finished the MSQ. Adders also addressed my character as Lieutenant, and I'd assume it's the same for Maelstrom members.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Galqar Haragin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    The RDM quest dialogue changes a lot depending on whether or not you've finished the MSQ. Adders also addressed my character as Lieutenant, and I'd assume it's the same for Maelstrom members.
    One of the Resistance fighters in Rhalgar's Reach says "You're Lieutenant X of the Maelstrom, right?" even though he's in the Flames.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It depends on what the dialogue refers to. Your acomplishments in class and job quests are always reflected in dialogue, because it's about something you have already done. When talking about your current abilities, it uses your current job. You aren't able to heal someone as a Dragoon, and you certainly aren't sneaking around well enough to earn Yugiri's praise as a Warrior.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    A'sami Duval
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I can understand the healing example, but Yugiri praises your sneaking regardless of your class, she just only acknowledges your teacher and the fact that you have experience if you are holding daggers at the moment, which seemed a little strange to me. In the past Yugiri would never "forget" your shinobi training regardless of your current class. Again, not a huge deal at all but definitely different than how it was handled in the past.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blake Wolfe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    Yugiri mentioned Oboro for me when I was on Dark Knight. So...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeWolfe View Post
    Yugiri mentioned Oboro for me when I was on Dark Knight. So...
    If that's the case, then maybe it depends on whether or not you've started the 60+ Ninja quests, because she didn't say anything to me with just level 60 ninja.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    A'sami Duval
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I tested it by exiting and restarting the game to see if the dialogue changed, and I definitely did not get the Oboro dialogue on Samurai, and DID get it as Ninja. This was for the blowgun quest.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast