Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Player
    Character
    Jaghatai Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Why are there only female characters using big guns ?

I want this :

(0)

Player
    Character
    Maeror Montealvo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Honestly how would Viking be different from Warrior? Warrior already has berserk, uses storm themes for attacks, and has a resource tide to battle fury/ adrenaline. As for my own suggestions for Tank jobs (what ever that's worth).

Defender/ Crusader: theme - Warhammer Warpriest

Templar: theme - FFT Spear & Shield, various sources

Mystic Knight/ Rune Fencer/ Necromancer: theme - Guild Wars Dervish/ FFXI Dragoon, Stance changes pet actions DPS adds DoTs, Tank Adds Hot/ support

Soldier: theme - FFVII/ FF Dirge of Cerberus/ FFVIII, augmented troops/ Gun Blades (because something needs to pull in DPS from RDM and SAM)

(0)

Player
    Character
    Pixiline Paradigm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
    Honestly how would Viking be different from Warrior? Warrior already has berserk, uses storm themes for attacks, and has a resource tide to battle fury/ adrenaline. As for my own suggestions for Tank jobs (what ever that's worth).
    Ha, as someone of Swedish/Norwegian descent, Warrior lore-wise has only a passing resemblance to a Viking. Warrior has Storm themed attacks because it comes from Marauders which are based out of Limsa Lominsa which is an oceanic/sea-faring island nation. Vikings would undoubtedly have a shield and use a 1-handed weapon. Even Thor's Mjollnir is traditionally depicted as being wielded with a single hand. As for Berserkers, their legend also specifically makes reference to shields, depicting that they would work themselves into such a froth and frenzy going into battle that they would actually gnaw on their shields in anticipation. This actually grew out of Germanic traditional hunters' magic which evolved to a sort of Nordic Bushido equivalent.

2 handed weapons weren't common with Vikings, shields were. A hammer and shield job would be awesome. If nothing else to give us a more offense-oriented shield tank, and another Blunt-damage job.

Also pls god no gunblades lol. Or tanks with guns (how one can find the idea of a tank, who is almost always up close and personal with the boss, fiddling about with a big cannon to be anything other than hilarious escapes me) or pet job tanks... SE already struggles hard enough balancing SMN and SCH around their pets in their respective roles, I'm not sure I want that cancer to spread over to tank-world.
    (0)
    Last edited by SyzzleSpark; 08-21-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Freyja Redgold
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I'd actually really like a Viking tank job with hammer + shield, using the shield to complement his hammer for offensive abilities unlike PLD. It'd be nice to have a tank besides PLD who also uses a shield. And we still have no hammer job, and still only one blunt-type job in the entire game, so... Yeah, it'd be the perfect choice. I could totally see this job having some battle-shout abilities to buff everyone around him, and even as an AoE enmity generator. And on top of that, if they want to make them look as fancy as the other tanks, they could give them some thunder abilities with their hammer just like Thor. As a fan of norse mythology and Viking stuff myself, I might definitely switch mains if they ever release such a job and make it really fun to play.

I also remember the Viking job being a thing in Final Fantasy III. I believe it's the only "main" FF with this job but it was really nice. I remember it being very tanky, having a taunt ability and using hammers and axes.
    (0)

Player
    Kugane (No that red crayon is totally legitimate) >.>
    Character
    Ritsuko Sonoda
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyyy View Post
    I also remember the Viking job being a thing in Final Fantasy III. I believe it's the only "main" FF with this job but it was really nice. I remember it being very tanky, having a taunt ability and using hammers and axes.
    FF3 did have a Viking job and it was an excellent tank. It could even be setup to dual wield shields. The only thing it suffered from is that Tank jobs generally had very little use in single player offline RPGs which leads to players using various DPS jobs or classes on these games as tanks simply because they are less squishy than others due to being able to equip medium or heavy armor.

As for ranged tanks I don't see how this could work and not seem out of place in FFXIV unless either the job is designed as an immobile fortress or has some kind of melee weapon implemented as well. A gunblade would offer both melee and ranged options in a single package although the only garlean I can recall that gave the image of being a tank using one was the first boss in the aetherchemical factory who used a 2 handed gunblade I believe the game called a bastardbluss.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cebastian Delpy
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
    The Final Fantasy Viking (not used a lot but still used in some games) is usually a hammer/club wielding fighter with high HP and thunder magics. I would expect it to dual wield blunt weapons (already giving the job a distinct basic combo rotation) and it would have a range of thunder themed magic abilities derived from their worshiping of Thor.

I personally would not expect them to use mana, but instead to use some fancy thunder gauge.

At the end of the day, only a bad designer would create something that is not as distinct from War as PLD and DRK are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ogulbuk; 08-22-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ritza Solair
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 79
    Gota agree that a 1h Hammer/mace weilding Tank class sounds like a nice fit (especially what I've read of the old FF Viking class posted so far) can see its "Job Gauge" being used for Thunder-based moves (A long range "Aether" hammer toss that stuns comes to mind) could even have a move that "pulls" non-large/boss mobs to it for a reverse gap-closer & easy mob grouping.

It would be nice to have another class using a shield & be Blunt for better MNK pairing, if 2 1h hammers are a must make it cause by the OT stance that "visually" repaces the shield with a copy of the main hand weapon (i've seen games temp-change shields on classes a few times, White Knight Chronicles had a stance u had to "learn" that if used removed the stats & use of the equiped shield & gave u a vusual 2nd 1h sword copy, that really stats wise just added 50% more dmg per attack and changed only a few attack animations)
    (0)
    What some see as "distracted" is really "fathoming the unfathomable" - last words from an Ul'dahn Mercurial Chemister at the battle of Carteneau

Character
    Zanku Hado
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Onion Knight

Disclaimer: I think that SE should redesign this class so it fits in XIV better. This iteration should be about as unique as bard, but im out of creativity on this one. As it stands ONI is no diffrent from RDM.

Maybe the gauge is some sort of Mastery system for weapons it can use in battle.
    (0)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20