Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Q20. The blowdart quests were very fun! Are there plans for the mechanic to return in future content?

A20. There were many comments regarding the amazing lung capacity that would be required, piercing the armor and machines, and not being able to land headshots despite hitting the head...

During side quest development, there were discussions to increase the variations of quest gameplay. It is very expensive to have a programmer create something from scratch, so we came up with the blowdarts. We saw a very positive response regarding the unique gameplay available in these subquests. However, we do not have any plans to include them in battle content at this time.
    (36)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Q21. Do you have plans to implement quests where Magnai will find his moon?

A21. I was thinking it was Sadu. On the internet, some were saying it may be Cirina, or it may be the Warrior of Light. There may be a quest for Magnai and Sadu. Only the Dawn Father knows.
    (109)

Q22. I really liked the performance from the last boss in the main scenario quest. Was this done to bring back the experience from the Super NES days where your lose your precious play time from not saving?

A22. I lost a lot of my play time right in front of a save point in Final Fantasy V...

The manager from the design team, Takai, also lost his precious play time to this trap, and the debug team said we should make some adjustments to tone it down (referring to the Tidal Wave mechanic in the first phase of the battle) but Takai told them “I fell into this trap before as well” and left it alone.

For the overall battle itself, we were worried about the difficulty level, but since it’s the last boss, we made it strong. We also talked about how we won’t make anything stronger than that.
    (41)

Q23. I really liked the area where we had our showdown with [the last boss] and I would like to visit it again freely after the main scenario quests!

A23. There were many requests regarding this, and the area is actually set up so it has collision and such. However, the area is locked to always appear as evening. We have plans to return there one more time in the scenario.
    There are other areas such as the Archbishop’s room that are only visited in events, which are heavily requested to be visitable outside of quests. They will be considered as well!
    (78)

Q24. Please let us know if you’ve finalized the number of slots that will be added in the second Inventory and Armoury Chest expansion.

A24. Unless we change from the current method, we do not think we can add any more slots. There are other factors to consider, such as managing inventory through the upcoming app, so this will take a little more time. It would be difficult to implement it by 4.1, but it is not so far off.
    (15)

Q25. The inventory and Armour Chest expansion has helped a lot, but would it be possible to increase retainer’s inventory as well?

A25. The number of items available has increased in Patch 4.0. We’re making sure that important data isn’t lost, and also so that it can’t be exploited, so it’s difficult to just simply add more slots. Currently, the disparity between those who use a lot of retainers, and those who don’t, is quite large, and we’re a bit worried about this. We would like to observe the amount of retainers being used post the launch of 4.0 before we make future adjustments.
    (16)

Q26. Estinien was really cool! Will there be an opportunity to meet him again?

A26. Perhaps there is a chance if everyone wishes for it. Personally speaking, I believe he is a member of the Scions, but he isn’t the type to directly interact with them. My image of him is that he helps members in need from the shadows.
    (90)

Q27. The jumping challenge in Kugane was really fun. Could you please tell us how this was created?

A27. When I got the request to do the final check on Kugane, I discovered that the team made it so you could only get up about half way. It wasn’t that difficult to create a route to go up higher, but in order to make the stress load from the graphics as low as possible, we had to simplify some parts. We checked over to see whether or not any portions of the graphic were cut off, such as the ocean, and then extended it so you couldn’t see this. The background team worked very hard to create this, and I believe it turned out really well.

They let me know that players were posting "clear" videos, and we were surprised it was cleared it in under 40 seconds the next day!

I would like to like to add some more in future and I would like to increase the number of jumping puzzle games in Gold Saucer as well.
    (71)

Q28. I’m a Machinist main, but I am concerned because despite the difficulty of the rotation and managing the Heat Gauge, my DPS is not very high. Machinist itself is enjoyable, but in comparison to Bard, it feels lacking in support abilities as well as DPS. Please let us know if there are any adjustments planned.

A28. Perspectives vary from player to player regarding what they would like to see done for Machinist.
    Due to the current difficulty of Heat management and how it is affected by fights, as well as the visible difference between Machinist and Bard in content, we have made it easier manage the Heat Gauge. In addition, we will be raising overall base damage.

[General Adjustments]
    ・Hot Shot
    Increased physical damage effect from 5% to 8%.
    Increase to Heat Gauge reduced from 10 to 5.
    ・Removed the Heat Gauge reduction effect from Quick Reload.
    ・Increased Rook Overload potency from 400 to 800.
    ・Increased Bishop Overload potency from 300 to 600.
    And more.
    (45)

Omega: Deltascape (Savage)

Since we now have 15 jobs, we’ve made it easier to obtain equipment.

The Presentation showcased some of the following new points:

Upon completing each Version (once a week)
    - Gear will appear inside the chest
    - Everyone will obtain tokens that can be exchanged for equipment.
    *Parts which can be obtained through each version, and the amount required for exchange varies.

Upon completing Version 4.0 (once a week)
    - A new item will drop which can be used to obtain a weapon of your choice
    - Players will obtain the weapon for the job they are on when using the item.
    (35)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast