Character
    Misty Furwrinkle
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70

Ps4 UI too small

Hi there,

I found ways to increase size of ui in general but they don't seem affect dialogue chat bubbles?

How do you increase size of quest dialogue bubbles on ps4? The text is really small from far away on the screen
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Really? hard to tell on a large TV / Monitor. Invest on a larger tv :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tamamo Kuroka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    If you read the 4.01 patch notes, it instructs you how to enlarge the UI for the PS4.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustaria View Post
    Note that the second part of that is only needed if you'd previously changed the user interface size to 150 and shrunk all the individual HUD elements to compensate. If you're already at 100% and like the size of the other HUD elements, you can leave the default sizes alone. The important part is the "Enlarge System UI" checkbox. It's what enlarges the dialog box and the main menu (as well as some notification text and the menu in the character select/creation screen).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misty Furwrinkle
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustaria View Post
    If you read the 4.01 patch notes, it instructs you how to enlarge the UI for the PS4.

That is still not really visible for chat bubbles with NPCs and it made rest of my UI smaller.

I am currently using 150% with default UI size to 110%. 120% - 140% starts to overlap bars for me.

But at 140% 150% chat bubble txt don't seem to have changed much for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzys View Post
    I am currently using 150% with default UI size to 110%. 120% - 140% starts to overlap bars for me.

The dialog box isn't affected by applying a default size to everything. That seems to just affect items that are in the HUD Layout menu. The "Enlarge System UI" checkbox should enlarge that box back to where it used to be, though I rather wish it instead would have given us a choice on how much to enlarge it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tamamo Kuroka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    When you made the changes, did you remember to click 'Apply All'? I set up mine the way the patch notes said and it fixed everything including the dialogue boxes. shrug
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amateru Yamatano
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzys View Post
    That is still not really visible for chat bubbles with NPCs and it made rest of my UI smaller.

Yes, UI is to small even with recent patch fix. I am using similar to yours settings. Depending on a window I sometimes make it even 120%.
    It's silly that some people assume our TV is too small. Mine is 4k 49 inch sitting 2.5 meters (8.2 feet) afar, which is just right for a screen this size.
    If I do not do 150% UI all my windows are too small and can't make them bigger, above that NPC chat baubles are tiny too. Enlarge system UI is not available in 150% UI mode.

I have a temporary fix for you Jazzys. Use your mouse (or virtual mouse, L1 + R3) and right click hold NPC dialog box, choose 140% or lower if you like. Default is 100%. If your right click hold is difficult to make, which it is kinda, find a NPC who talks 2 times in a row and just right click. Why it is temporary? Sadly it will reset every time you close your game. Also it won't make any larger NPC to NPC chat baubles.

I can show you guys few screens of mine, although don't know if it will be of any use in understanding our problem. I made them in Japanese, sorry for that.

(2)
    Last edited by Amateru; 07-15-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Misty Furwrinkle
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Thanks amateru that worked wished it was permanent

Edit: actually it's not temporary anymore for some reason it's huge all the time now
    (0)
    Last edited by Jazzys; 07-16-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Amateru Yamatano
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    You're welcome.
    Oh? Permanent you say? After you closed the game? Just logging out do not reset it. PS4 rest mode do not close the client, so that should not reset it neither.
    Well either way, good for now I guess. (⌒▽⌒)
    Waiting on an another fix from SE. Hiroshi-san, please? (^人^)
    (0)
    Last edited by Amateru; 07-16-2017 at 11:51 AM.