Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okamimaru View Post
    playing as a SAM it sure doesnt FEEL any faster in big pulls vs smaller pulls... aoe damage drop off is a bitch
    Fortunately, we don't need feelings. We have math and parsers. :P
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gravton Pentest
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Sooooooo everyone is ok with big pulls from a tank that knows what they are doing. The problem isn't the pull, but tanks that don't use CDs or rotate them properly? Players are unwilling to let the tank figure these things out by dying or unwilling to teach them. A 2 pack grab is pretty standard in most dungeons. If you can't heal it and notice the tank isn't using his kit (CDs & stance) then educate them. If the tank is using them and you can't heal it, it might be your fault. If packs are taking to long to die then dps aren't using aoe/cds, educate them. Don't put this all on the tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aevis Sylph
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    A tank of any real value will check the group they got paired with, check their gear, and apply common sense. I'd rather not have my time wasted by someone in full 340 because its the healer's first time in and is scraping the minimum iLvl.
    (0)
    Happiness is manditory.
    Not being happy is treason.
    Treason is punishable by death.

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravton View Post
    Sooooooo everyone is ok with big pulls from a tank that knows what they are doing. The problem isn't the pull, but tanks that don't use CDs or rotate them properly? Players are unwilling to let the tank figure these things out by dying or unwilling to teach them. A 2 pack grab is pretty standard in most dungeons. If you can't heal it and notice the tank isn't using his kit (CDs & stance) then educate them. If the tank is using them and you can't heal it, it might be your fault. If packs are taking to long to die then dps aren't using aoe/cds, educate them. Don't put this all on the tank.
    If the tank is in level cap content and not using cooldowns that's entirely on them. It's not my job to teach them something they had anywhere from 10-70 levels to learn.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gravton Pentest
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Lol then don't complain about garbage tanks. I bet most people take up the same mentality as you. "It's not my job to teach." Well it's not your "job" to complain either, but here we are.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Lol then don't complain about garbage tanks. I bet most people take up the same mentality as you. "It's not my job to teach." Well it's not your "job" to complain either, but here we are.
    I'm not complaining about bad tanks. The logic applies to any role at level cap, you should know how to play your job by level 70, regardless of what it is. Expecting someone to teach you what to do in an expert roulette or during Omega or even tolerate it at that level is frankly ridiculous.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kaiten Kenbu
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Haste makes waste.

Bigger pulls put extra stress on healers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten_kenbu View Post
    Haste makes waste.

Bigger pulls put extra stress on healers.
    But are far more entertaining than three mobs at a time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Sooooooo everyone is ok with big pulls from a tank that knows what they are doing.
    No, not everyone. I detest big pulls no matter who makes them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Tanks get to set the pace.

If you want to control the pace, you may politely submit your request to the tank for consideration or queue as tank yourself.

There is a subset of toxic healers in this game, who seem to want the entire run centered around them at all times.

Tank doesn't run at the healers custom preferred pace (which we can't know btw) and the healer throws a fit, but if the tank asks a healer to DPS instead of idle "we don't pay their sub"

Tank doesn't use convalescence, it's the end of the world. Healer forgets largesse, it's the tank's fault for pulling to much.

To toxic healers: we don't know what pace that you specifically want and not every healer want what you want. Feel free to ask for a particular pace, but if you feel it is appropriate to ask a tank to change playstyle, make sure you are also open to requests to change yours.
    (1)

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast