Player
    Character
    Reverie Dalmasca
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Tanks and super pulls

I would like to bring up a issue concerning grievance that is going on inside the dungeons constantly and nobody is willing to do anything about involving these so sad super tanks
    For those of you who do not understand what a super tank is it is a tank who pulls more than one mob who thinks that he can handle the whole dungeon being piled on him at once
    not taking into the consideration that he is putting a major strain and grievance on the healer doing it without even asking thehealer when Super Tank dies he cusses out the Healer the reason why I know this this happened ttoa friend who I happen to be in a party with these super tanks need to be dealt with and they need to have the courtesy to ask the healer even capable of healing that much damage and not the healers fault if Super Tank dies because the Healer can't keep up because the tank did not take proper precautions to see if the healer is properly geared or could even handle it
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    unfortunately this has always been a problem with no solution except to leave, take the 30 minute penalty, requeue fast as heals and blacklist them.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Or, do tank yourself.

I tank, and I don't do this crap because I hate it when people do it to me. I don't mind like a 2 group pull if I'm well-geared for the dungeon, and I don't mind when a competent tank does it, but a lot of times you get these macho tanks who think they are oh-so-awesome but yet they forget what Rampart or Convalescence is.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Rostythgar Onasch
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It can go other ways too, where dps or healers demand huge pulls. I tend to try for a middle ground, because pulling the whole area is nightmare of confusion.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I don't mind big pulls. My only problem is when they don't use defensive cooldown or do it badly.

I however don't do big pulls when I tank because I don't feel confortable doing it.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Also a thing I notice about big pulls is a lot of times either I myself or DPS end up getting hit with AoEs, becuase you can't freaking SEE the markers on the ground with all the animations, mobs, etc going on.

I've seen DPS almost die, and in a couple times, die outright because of this. I've even dropped dead myself as a tank because people insisted I pull multiple and I wound up eating some AoE I couldn't even see, what with all the flashy effects, mobs everywhere (especially large mobs), and HP bars all over the place, as well as all the numbers and status effects popping up all over the screen.

One of the reasons I don't like big pulls.

Yeah Yeah I know you're in a hurry blah blah, but haste makes waste. I'd rather take a few extra minutes per dungeon to do it the safe way than to blow 5 minutes on a wipe and run back.
    (20)

Player
    Kugane (No that red crayon is totally legitimate) >.>
    Character
    Ritsuko Sonoda
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    My idea of a super pull was dragging every yagudo that spawned in castle oztroja to the entrance >.>

Factors on pulling more than 1 group

1. Party member competence. Ideally everyone should know what they are doing and how to play their class effectively.
    2. Party composition. If the party's DPS have high single target damage and poor AoE damage, pulling large groups probably isn't going to save time. Let them focus down single targets at a time while the healer is free to add additional damage output due to not having to heal as much.
    3. Party damage output. Nothing causes me to facepalm more than a party what wants to do multi-pulls just to find out the dps damage output is so low the healer ran out of MP before they killed anything. This normally isn't even a gear issue. Its usually players not knowing their job skill rotations.
    4. Enemy types. There are some single enemies that are better off single pulled instead of dragging them into a group.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Ardor Historia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    As a tank, I like to test the waters with my group first, before pulling more than one group. Also depends on what my dps composition is.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Spyder
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Ignore everyone. As a tank, YOU are responsible for gauging how well the DPS is clearing the trash and determining the pace of the run. If they make you think, "hmm that went decently quick", then consider pulling bigger with subsequent trash. Don't need to waste their time if they are tearing through mobs like paper mache.

If they are slow to average, don't pull big. Let them suffer until they get their shit together.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Zoey Deixis
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I don't do super pulls as a tank. I feel confident enough that I could do it, I just don't want to because I see it as a negligible gain of time and unnecessary stress on the group.

There was this one tiume, though, where our Healer was obviously over-geared and wanted me to pull more, until he eventually started pulling mobs himself.

So I don't really think "super tanks" are the problem. Players in a hurry are the problem.
    (10)

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast