Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed View Post
    Was just thinking about this, this weekend. It is so frustrating and is what makes it impossible to take this MMO seriously. I have been playing MMO's since 1999 and have raided at a high level in every major AAA release since then. Now I am not saying I am some leet world class player or anything, but I have always been considered above average by my peers at any role I have ever played in them. And avoiding mechanics has never been a problem for me. I have never been the guy who stood in fire, or failed to move, etc... But the number of times I get hit by mechanics here, when on my side I avoided them by a mile, is just ridiculous.
    Maybe you just need more practice? I'm doing it as 230ms perfectly fine
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ezariel Bayne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 72
    Not saying that practice doesn't help, but you are fighting the system not the boss here. I can go to any other MMO in existence and play a fight I have never seen before and avoid AOEs all day long and never get hit. Because other games prioritize functionality over looks. In other games when you are out of the circle, you are out of the circle. We all know it exists, don't pretend that it doesn't. Just because you are ok with mastering a broken system, doesn't mean that the system isn't broken. Sure I've trained myself to be even more careful and move pre-emptively too when possible, but that is still in itself just proof of how flawed this game is compared to others.
    (3)
    Last edited by Eclipsed; 07-18-2017 at 01:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Im gonna support éclipses hère.
    Just yesterday I was doing susano.
    when dodge the water puddle after the rocks. I went to the other side of the arena and ended up dying in the middle of it because the game considered I was still in it. We are talking a good 3 ley line diameter away from the puddle boundary which the game didn't record. I'm not even talking about weaving skills too fast and ending up loosing cards and getting no buffs.
    People can call lag or wathever, but I don't suffer something remotely close in any other game no matter which server I pick.

Ff14 with 50ms is actually more clunky, lag wise, than wow with 400-500ms, and I've raided every WoW end game from BC to Cata so I know what dodging a telegraph is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    In ff14 its simple, you virtually have no time, as soon as it pops you need to move. Even if you'd technically have a good 1-1.5sec before the aoe animation actually triggers, the game always consider you late.
    Weaving is also a good example, if you press awiftcast and a spell right after you start casting the spell. You actually need to wait 0.5sec for the end of the animation. Which somewhat defeats the purpose of emergency cast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edge Vice
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 83
    This single issue is why I've quit the game twice. The rest of the game is so great that I'm back again, but I'm not going to be doing any content that requires fast reflexes. The client-server situation is abysmal in this game. Even worse than budget F2P MMOs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I am glad I read this link because on a few encounters, Titan was always one, I have seen myself way clear of the knockback and still got punted. My pc is optimized and connection excellent. never had this issue playing Wow, SWtOR, Wildstar or any other game but this one. Now I do not feel like a spaz...bless you hehe.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fatal Error
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    2nd this, alot of times (im a WHM) i cast instas.. yet target dies & my insta is on CD. Reason why a healer has insta heals is its the "oh shit" button. So it should be just that... insta! but it aint & its frustrating as fook when it then goes on CD. Very bad system.
    (2)
    Fatal Error
    70th White Mage
    Famfrit
    "If I make an Error, its usually Fatal!"

Player
    Character
    Titan's Heart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    You're talking about ping, which is a problem caused by your distance from the server and the quality of your internet connection.
    If you can't handle server latency then you could look into upgrading your internet, or find a game whose servers are closer to you.
    (2)
    これはゲームだけ、優しく楽しんでね!

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I've always experienced that delay regardless of ping, and I've played on multiple connections with powerful home-built computers that easily play the settings we have.
    There is a very small amount of time in which abilities and their ground/cast markers don't match up. So sometimes a person thinks they just made it and...nope.

I've done plenty of MMO hopping to have never encountered this anywhere else. at all. ever. They may have had random spikes, but not a constant delay that is noticeable in every incoming and outgoing casts (I see it in the heal cast too, I can start moving about 0.5 seconds before my cast ends and not interrupt myself)

I've adapted to it because it's not a huge delay, but then again I play a ranged character.
    My husband plays a tank and a few times he thought he got out of a major swing attack in time only to be hit. It frustrates him a bit, but I'm sure he'll adapt over time.

It wouldn't kill them to at least look into it. Whether they actually do anything about it or blame the player, well, that's up to them. But to imply that a NA person on an NA datacenter with 100/75 Mbps needs an internet upgrade for this one particular game and no other game at all just seems silly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    latency is certainly a huge issue with this game (and why SE thinks reduced cast times in some battles makes it "harder" is plain silly.) anyone with pings over 80ms is considered second class by raiders, and they will be seeing dps loss in the 10-20% range no matter how good they might get. One thing I did notice way back when I first started, is that if you're using a TV to display, the TV itself can be adding about .5 sec just with post/pre processing. check re your specific TV model, you should be able to turn that stuff off.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast