Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    For good reason. It takes anywhere from 5-40 mins to get dungeon queues. If FATEs were any more efficient, then no one would bother doing dungeons.

FATEs have been nerfed for a reason. They WERE too efficient. No other reason to do the other content..
    Well PvP was too efficient = nerf...dungeons are too efficient now so where is the nerf? Either buff world content (i.e. FATES) or nerf dungeons - FATES are still pretty bad unless you have ALL the buffs. I don't like running dungeons outside of the forced MSQ - why can't world content have comparable XP per time spent? The rewards to run leveling roulette exist beyond the XP...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

If there is anything they need to buff for EXP - it's Leves.
    Might as well just spam FATEs instead of leves, and save them for crafters. Leves should reward much more than FATEs due to the restriction on how many you get per day.
    Leves...what leves? They got rid of them instead of buffing them - good riddance I say always thought the battle leves were kinda dumb (and I like quests.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drake Orkaan
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 61
    right now, i just wish regular boss fates were nerfed to a point where at least one DPS of the same level can solo them without the use of healing potions as they can do with other types of fates. a lot of people are avoiding these fates and they are just plain annoying especially when leveling from 52-54 in The Dravanian Forelands. perhaps a solution would be to allow the bosses within fates to use certain moves depending on the number of players attacking: bosses will use weaker abilities if there is only one player attacking, and use large scale abilities if there are multiple players attacking.

other than that, do all your roulettes, HW hunts, and Beast tribe missions to get a lot of worthwhile exp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    V'shunyi Tia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayerinn View Post
    Leves...what leves? They got rid of them instead of buffing them - good riddance I say always thought the battle leves were kinda dumb (and I like quests.)
    I wish they kept the leves and gave them an EXP buff. Alongside buffing side quests. Would be great QoL for leveling DPS and having stuff to do while in queue. Plus you get the additional lore if you actually bother to read the side quests. Such a shame they don't incentivize the side quests considering all the effort they put into the lore.
    (0)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LoreChief View Post
    • Make FATE's give more experience. Like, 2x as much at least.
    • Maybe allow us to spend a lot of Company Seals or Poetics to get small bits of EXP in return? Such as 500 Poetics for 10% of a level (seriously I have poetics coming out the friggin ears here and nothing worth spending them on)
    • Increase the consumption rate and return of rested EXP on monsters outside of dungeons.
    • Make hunts require a lot more killing (such as 10x mobs vs. 3x) and increase the EXP to match (so 3x current EXP for a hunt)
    • Add challenge log entries for weekly hunts that reward EXP for non-maxed characters.
    • Make roulette daily bonuses once per role instead of once per character. (So you can get a Tank roulette bonus, and a DPS roulette bonus, and a Heals roulette bonus).
    Responding in order:
    • I think the XP generated by FATEs is sufficient, but every FATE should have NPC companions to assist with tanking, healing, and damage. For damage-dealing classes especially, FATEs can be dicey if other people don't show up, which makes them an unreliable affair.
    • I'd rather not see this, speaking personally. XP comes easily enough as it is.
    • Why involve rested XP? Non-dungeon monsters should simply give more experience points, period. Running a dungeon should be an improvement over plowing through open-world critters, but not light-years better; straight-up open-world killing should probably be 50-75% as effective as a dungeon. Right now, it's nowhere remotely close to that.
    • I'd rather see the old Allied Seal areas offer non-trivial amounts of XP and multiple daily tomes, which would also help to address the ridiculous grind required to get 2-star speed in all the ARR maps.
    • Challenge log entries for Hunts would be a great idea.
    • This last idea would be fantastic. I think it would increase the available numbers of tanks and healers, too, which would lower queue times for everyone.

I'd also like to see high-level Beast Tribe quests added in / granted a relevant amount of XP. They could involve the existing Beast Tribes with a level sync imposed, for the sake of simplicity. Collectively, a trio of quests should grant roughly the same amount of experience as a FATE does. A combat-oriented Provisioning-type quest for the Grand Companies wouldn't be amiss, either; certainly they should need raw ingredients beyond what Gatherer jobs can bring in.

In short, I think the XP rates are fine where they're at. If anything, I think they're a bit too quick. I do think, however, that there should be significantly more variety. There are a lot of avenues available, but most of them offer massively sub-par rewards vs. PotD and Roulettes. For queue reasons, those latter two should always be the "best" options in a sense, but there's nothing wrong with having other methods come within spitting distance of them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'hali Thalen
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 71
    Tell me again, why would anyone bother to queue into dungeons, if a 5 min FATE rewarded the same or equal EXP to 1-2 groups of mobs in a dungeon?
    For DPS this might be true; but DPS already has to deal with horrid dungeon queue times, a few less DPS signing up for dungeons is not going to hurt anyone.

If you're a tank or healer, you're going to get really fast queues, even in a world with less DPS queuing, for those classes, dungeons are and always have been the best source of XP, even when FATE grinding was the thing to do.

What I'm saying is that once upon a time, the situation you spoke of actually existed, and believe me, there was no shortage of people queuing up for dungeons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mako Hext
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the armoury bonus shouldn't be a flat 50% for current content levels and 100% for old content levels. It should increase exponentially with each job you have above the level of your current job, encouraging and rewarding the leveling of every job. Something like second job 50%, third job 100%, fourth job 250%, fifth job 400%, etc. The excruciating slog to level beyond your first few jobs is easily the worst part of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Queue for dungeons and do challenge logs, FATEs, daily hunts and side quests for your time investment. If leveling up is truly your aim, you make use of all of what is at your disposal.

I remember ARR FATE grinding- back when it wasn't uncommon to get a chain bonus of over 300. I know I'm not the only one on the ship that really is sick of FATE farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    Why involve rested XP? Non-dungeon monsters should simply give more experience points, period. Running a dungeon should be an improvement over plowing through open-world critters, but not light-years better; straight-up open-world killing should probably be 50-75% as effective as a dungeon. Right now, it's nowhere remotely close to that.
    First answer that leaps to mind is bots and RMTs. Making open world mobs be even remotely effective means giving bots an impressive advantage to what they already employ.
    (0)
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I actually think FATE rewards should be redesigned to make FATEs what they were: stuff that you go join when you see one nearby. As it is now, FATEs are just an annoyance for me that interrupts my enjoyment of the music (so is the battle music, but anyways).

Perhaps finishing a FATE gives a stack of some persistent buff or something, stacking up to 100 stacks. The stacks can affect practically everything. Such as success rate of crafting actions (up to say 5%), such as drop rate of quest items (e.g. for regular quests as well as artifact weapons), such as gil gained from killing mobs, chance of gathering HQ items, chance of hidden items appearing in a gathering node, up to +5 to all stats when gathering to help with activating node bonus effects, up to 25% discount on teleportation and chocobo rides, up to 25% bonus to EXP gained etc.

Each week, the player can turn in up to 100 stacks for rewards, say 100 stacks for 25 of the newest tomestones (still subject to the same weekly tomestone cap), or 50 stacks for 500 poetics, or 25 stacks for a random minion, or 50 stacks for a random piece of weapon/equipment that is level appropriate to the class/job currently turning in the quest, or so on.

This way I would actually get off my chocobo and join those FATEs. Make it a part of regular Eorzea adventuring.
    (0)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Rama Kagon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LoreChief View Post
    • Make FATE's give more experience. Like, 2x as much at least.
    • Maybe allow us to spend a lot of Company Seals or Poetics to get small bits of EXP in return? Such as 500 Poetics for 10% of a level (seriously I have poetics coming out the friggin ears here and nothing worth spending them on)
    • Increase the consumption rate and return of rested EXP on monsters outside of dungeons.
    • Make hunts require a lot more killing (such as 10x mobs vs. 3x) and increase the EXP to match (so 3x current EXP for a hunt)
    • Add challenge log entries for weekly hunts that reward EXP for non-maxed characters.
    • Make roulette daily bonuses once per role instead of once per character. (So you can get a Tank roulette bonus, and a DPS roulette bonus, and a Heals roulette bonus).

I totally agree but I'm sure as always people will say it's fine and whatever. Yeah the grind isn't as bad as some of the older games but you'd think they'd be funnier to do. Grind can be fun (heck I love Disgaea 5 because i love the grinding in it), but I feel the grind in ffxiv is one of the most boring, if not the most boring grind I ever had.

with that said, I agree with most of your proposals with a bit of change in them:

1) Not just more experience, also make it easier to get credit: I have lost count of how many fates i just didn't bother with because even if I start at 50%, I always get bronze or silver. Suuuuuure you can join a fate team but uhm....guild wars 2 didn't need it and I think it worked just fine. Remove the need to be in a group for better grades and instead make it that fate groups are rewarded with more exp. At least people will have a better reason to group up rather than just "get gold grade". Oh and make FC groups have an even bigger boost! That's how you make FC relevant people!

2) Maybe just seals because you can easily cap it and seals are generally useless most of the time (I only spend them for ventures), but I agree that we could use either poetics and seals in better ways.

3) Also make enemies be quicker to kill....they're just hp sponges, without much challenge.

4) Hunts are their own deal: just like fates, there should be incentives to group up and kill it but the only incentive to group up in hunts is to get the credit and nothing else. Instead, it should be encouraged to group up by increasing the points you receive if you group up or something, maybe even more if you're all FC members (there, I just made FC more useful and I literally had this idea on the spot...)

5) Just like my 4th point, it's another deal, but I'm fine with hunts being endgame content for the most part.

6) "Sounds good, doesn't work". The issue here is mostly because there are more dps than healers and tanks (heck I think there are more dps AND healers than tanks) so this probably wouldn't work as you might think. However there's a pretty easy fix: make FC groups have more exp and make FC groups get some benefits from teaming together, so that you get more exp and maybe even more money ("sigh" look at WoW again, and see what I mean).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2