Player
    Character
    Aarik Lupeine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70

A word of caution to the wise.

I make this thread in an attempt to prevent any potential suffering others may experience as I have. Simply put....when you make a character, choose your server VERY CAREFULLY. I say this because under no circumstances do you EVER want to experience having to go through the process of changing servers. Ever.

If you are unlucky enough to have to transfer under unfortunate circumstances, here is what you can come to expect.

1. Choose where you want to transfer to. (If the server is full, repeat this step every hour on the hour for the next six days of your life.)

2. Pay the $18 fee. SE says it will take anywhere from minutes to several hours, and they will send a confirmation email. One week later, no email and no transfer.

3. Try step two again...oh you actually got an email this time, cool! You wait only three days for the transfer...and it says congratulations! Yes!....and then follows with sorry, there was an error transferring your character. Follow the steps below and make a support ticket.

4.Support ticket made. Wait a day. Confirmation they received the ticket. Wait two more days. Congrats! You get a copy/paste email of the previous one, with yet another error!

5. Repeat step four. Another three days gone.

6. Get tired of repeating step four. Call customer service. They see the problem, and that you paid TWICE (which they only briefly mention and nothing more)....and here is their solution. Repeat step four until it works.

TLDR: Bank of America has better customer service than Square Enix....I didn't think that was possible.
    (24)
    Last edited by Aarik; 07-06-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crystal Sky
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I have nothing but words of condolence for you. That sucks on all levels.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoroMurasaki View Post
    Advantage is fair if you're willing to do something that most others aren't.

Player
    Character
    Reimi Ackerman
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 51
    That... sounds awful. That's the worst case I've ever seen of someone trying to transfer.
    I've transferred a few times in the past and every time it only took about 5-10 minutes. Even the most recent one, which was from Leviathan to Balmung (one of the highest population servers).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Had similar, if not worse, when dealing with the SE online store support.

Order Encyclopedia Eorzea. Get tracking information. Patiently wait for package knowing it will take ~2 weeks time. After forgetting(work got busy and stressful) for a month, only to see package went from La Verne, TN, to Nashville, back to La Verne, with a delivered status(at this point I would like to point out I'm in Canada). Immediately contact support inquiring. Two weeks later they respond with "customs rejected it, would you like us to resend". Reply "Yes please resend". Two weeks go by, no new tracking info, contact support. "Oh, someone didn't contact the warehouse for them to resend it. Are you still wanting it or a refund?". Well, considering it was a waiting list item at the time...YES I still want it. Three more weeks...repeat(with instant replies this time as I was ready to escalate it as far as need be and even made mention of it) previous words. INSTANTLY get tracking information that is leaving from, of all places where stuff NORMALLY ships from, Florida.

Edit: And I would never had known as I was the one who had to initiate the first contact on the missing shipment. You would think that something gets returned/rejected, they would be initiating it as SE contracted whatever company to run that store/warehouse.
    (3)
    Last edited by Avatre; 07-06-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aarik Lupeine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I mean....I'm at a loss for what to do. I went through every ridiculous hoop they threw at me, and many times at that. And then they pretty much up and admit that while yeah, you paid $36 for one server transfer, we can't be bothered to help you; help yourself scrub.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crosine Arcscion
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Trying to help out bud.

I put in a request on my end to maybe try and speed up response time. Maybe I'll have Moose and Gun put one in as well. Hopefully try and get this resolved as quickly as possible. SE should really think about changing their business model to payment due upon completion of service if they are going to continue to steal money and offer no viable options to fix the problem. Still no response on my end yet but will keep you posted.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kit Wolf
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 36
    I vote contesting the charges with your bank/credit card company, if you have that option. If SE won't honor the server transfer, and won't do anything to remedy the issue, you should get your money refunded one way or another.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aarik Lupeine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    It's a tempting thing to do Joe, unfortunately many companies will simply flat-out ban your account from their services should you do so. It's a common practice among the big ones, and they don't care if you're the injured party or not.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Of all the seven times (wish I was making that up) that I transferred servers, not once have I ever had an issue like than and not once has a transfer ever taken more than thirty seconds for me. Never realized it could be this bad, so definitely at a bit of a loss here.

I definitely agree with contesting the charges though. No point letting them have the money if you're not getting what you paid for.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Sky
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarik View Post
    It's a tempting thing to do Joe, unfortunately many companies will simply flat-out ban your account from their services should you do so. It's a common practice among the big ones, and they don't care if you're the injured party or not.
    Threaten to contest the charges and see what they do. It may get a rise out of them and get it escalated.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoroMurasaki View Post
    Advantage is fair if you're willing to do something that most others aren't.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast