Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodRat View Post
    And guess what else healers have to stop healing to do...
    I'm going to assume you missed the part where I said that healers have to be ready at a moments notice to heal suddenly. Non-DPSing healers are not just standing around they are on point ready to heal. Your comparisons are still flawed.

I don't remember once comparing DPSing to standing around doing nothing. But read into it what you will and continue to forget to realize we decide if you ultimately die or not.

Again, a healer standing around doing nothing is monitoring health, mob moves, navigating mechanics that will wipe us instantly due to our substantially lower health pools and being on the ready at any moment to make up for the mistakes of others.
    (8)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Nowaki Yoko
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Fun fact: if you combine boths of Healers (average healer) dmg, you still get only half a DPS damage.... So yeah, if a party fails dont blame your healers, but your dps for not doing what they should ....

That reminds me of a fellow healer in Susano EX, who told me "Dont worry about heals, just DPS ill solo heal this!" (because yeah im an AST, AST have the worse DPS of them all, so sure lets make the ast dps... he was a WHM ) i was like, sure whatever, we started it was fine i was casting shields once in a while cuz im a healer not a dps, if he wanted i could have swiched to dps but whatever..... Anyway we wiped and got blamed for healing since he could do it all by himself and party got mad at me blah blah.... We did it again, this time i said "Fk it" and just Spammed Malefic, guess what? we wiped again and got blamed for NOT healing .... I left and never came back.

-A healer who likes to heal and DPS, but cant stand the hate comming from mediocre dps.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nowakii; 07-13-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Inori Yuzuriiha
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperz View Post
    If healers refuse to dps in dungeons well I'm going to use full str accessories and stay in deliverance, sword oath and no grit no problem.
    Don't you already use str accessories? As a healer who dose dps and then maybe next day I won't dps cuz I don't feel like giving it my all I'll just heal. I could care less what you do. You can spam flash for all I care.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I only play DPS. And when im going, im usually tunnel-vision DPS. Im looking at my cast bar(and the bosses too if they have specific attacks i need to watch out for), im looking at my buff timers and cooldowns, im looking at the ground near my feet to know if i need to dodge anything, im looking at the aggro gauge to know if/when to dump hate, if a lot of reses are going out im looking at the healers mana bar to know if they need an infusion, im looking at the LB gauge to see if i need to use it(though as a BLM its not usually my job) and im looking at the bosses health to know how close we are. With all that to focus on, im not looking too closely at what the rest of the party is doing. If im drawing aggro(even though ive used both my hate reduction skills) then ill see if the tank is using their stance(or if im just severely outgearing them). If the mob groups are taking too long to die, i might try to keep an eye on the other DPS to see what theyre doing - though the odds of me knowing their class well enough to critique are low so unless its obvious im not liable to say anything. If we all die to what should be an easy fight more then once, then and only then might i try to watch the healers actions.

So with that said, scrutinizing and criticizing healers is SUPER low on my checklist. About the only thing a healer can do to really set me off is to showily do nothing. If the incoming damage is low and youve gotten bored enough that you feel like dancing, or jumping around the room like a kangaroo then you are the problem. If the fight is so intense that you cant risk being unable to heal for the next 3 seconds or we'll all die, then just stand there looking intense and i swear i will never notice you. Ive got too many other things to look at(and again, the intense fight youd be healing a lot so even if i did look id see you keeping us alive and be glad you had my back). But for the dancing kangaroo healers(and no this isnt an exaggeration - i have seen it more then once) please stop it. Or play something else. Maybe youd enjoy bard.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hood Rat
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    I don't remember once comparing DPSing to standing around doing nothing.
    You responded

Tanks can DPS simultaneously while doing their job of gaining hate. We have to stop healing to DPS...That being said I am a DPSing healer, just wanted to stop the ridiculousness of these flawed comparisons.
    to

Quote Originally Posted by HoodRat View Post
    I have seen several people defend healers who stand around doing absolutely nothing when they don't need to heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Or worse, a secondary/tertiary tank in 8/24 mans that doesn't do anything while there's nothing for him to tank.
    Neither of us said anything at all about dps yet here you are saying our comparisons are flawed because healers have to stop healing to dps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, a healer standing around doing nothing is monitoring health, mob moves, navigating mechanics that will wipe us instantly due to our substantially lower health pools and being on the ready at any moment to make up for the mistakes of others.
    No, a healer standing around doing nothing is standing around doing nothing. Look at Frizze's post, they claim they tunnel vision and yet they still look at more than what you claim healers do when they're standing around doing nothing. It just makes zero sense to me why people are trying to lower the bar of acceptable play here.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ociela Koslun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Healer Checklist:
    Focus Target Boss for Cast Bars
    Boss Animations for abilities
    Personal placement for dodging
    DPS placement
    Tanks Stance
    Tanks CDs up
    Remembering which tank/dps cds havent been used in awhile
    Add spawn locations
    Click Mechanic Locations
    Personal Placement for AOE heals... In case you havent noticed sometimes, we have to move inside the boss just to hit the MT and melee, and hope ranged arent 25y behind them, the miss rate on Helios/AHelios/Succor/Indom/Assize/Medica I higher than youd think
    Track our own CDs
    Tank Health
    DPS Health
    Healer Health (imho the most commonly forgotten one)
    Summoner/Machinist pet health (good healer will try to watch these when they can)
    Predict the next 6-12s of incoming damage
    Predict the next 30s of outgoing damage
    Own MP Pool
    Co-Healers MP Pool
    Tank Mechanics
    DPS Mechanics
    Team MP/TP Pools
    Co-Healers Cast Bar
    SMN/RDM/PLD Cast Bars
    Reduce GCD use when average MP pool of healers/rezzers gets too low
    Enmity bars, whole group

Pretty sure i missed a few, but big point is, most of what we have to watch isn't even part of ourselves, on average we track between 5 and 40 entities. 5 being 4 players and an enemy, 40 being up to 24 players, and a combination of up to 16 pets/enemies/click mechanics. And if any of thise goes wrong or screws up, healers are usually the first line of response to it.
    (5)
    Last edited by OcieKo; 07-14-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Misutoraru Valkyrie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    the priority of healer is to keep everyone alive and remove debuff
    the priority of tank is to hold aggro and minimize dmg taken
    you could not say a healer not doing their job for not doing dmg, they could be new to dungeon, they could be less competitive healer, not every healer that refuse to do dmg is lazy, and it is not a must, not in the past, not in present, and probably not in future
    a healer doing dmg in dungeon is a good healer, a healer not doing dmg is not a bad healer, just less skilled
    you could stay in DPS stance and use STR gear as long as you did your job, to hold aggro and keep the dmg u take low enough for healer to cure up
    same story that a tank who could switch stance, while keeping aggro and not taking excessive dmg is a good tank, but a tank who stay in tank stance all the time is not a bad tank, just inexperience or less skilled
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hood Rat
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OcieKo View Post
    snip
    Most of those aren't even exclusive to healers. Tanks and dps have to watch many things too, yet I don't see anyone saying they have to stand around doing nothing in order to track them, but apparently healers do from what I'm being told. I'm not saying healers need to be super pro, heal as little as possible and spend as much time as possible dpsing. I don't think anyone here is saying that. My problem is that many healers out there who are not new/learning could be doing something but instead choose to stand idle and do nothing whatsoever. There isn't enough info in the OP's post to tell for sure but I imagine this is what they're referring to as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanitezz View Post
    Your healer could STILL be getting used to how things play. Your healer could be one of those healers who cant really identify the seconds where its ok to take their mouse or cursor or whatever off of you so they can dps. Because they know that if the party wipes because enough healing wasn't going out, 85% of the time, someone from your party WILL chew them out. Your healer could be a 60 year old with arthritis or some shit. Think of factors as to why your healer is playing the way they do. You do your job and let them do theirs.
    This. All of this. Heck I've played with players who were over 50 and their reaction times, were just slower than normal. There's nothing wrong with that. They shouldn't be insulted by a tank because of it. The toxicity of tanks is growing and its a damn shame. It's why I picked it up. I will be the one person to not yell at you or be petty over slow dungeons, low dps from healers, etc...even when i heal, if you want to tank slow? all the more power too you. DO IT. being petty over it is just a waste of time and effort. No you're not helping. You were a noob once too. help people. don't make the game become a toxic cesspool.
    (5)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Hood Rat
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Misutoraru View Post
    a healer doing dmg in dungeon is a good healer, a healer not doing dmg is not a bad healer, just less skilled
    Someone once posted that when it comes to healer dps, it's usually not about skill, it's about participation. Due to that old thread in the healer forum where they literally argued if healers should dps when they can or just stand there and do nothing, I would have to agree. Sure, there are times when healers are new and they're trying to learn the patterns of incoming damage, and that's fine we all need to take some time to learn. But this isn't about healers learning. Most of the healers I see doing nothing are not new. In fact, a lot of the healers I see who are learning content do throw out some dps when they can. It's probably so little that it doesn't even matter, but they're trying which is a lot more than what I can say than the average player I run into in df/pf.
    (2)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast