Player
    Character
    I'm Randy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Where are the Raids??

I hear people talking about the new raid?? But Deltascape is just a series of primal type battles. Though fun and nostalgic, a raid from what I remember, needs multiple parties and takes an hour or so to do. How do they call this a raid when all you need is a 8 man party and few minutes of your time. I hope to see some more 24 man content in the future. Will that ever happen??
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    24 man raids happen every odd numbered patch. (4.1, 4.3 and 4.5) and will be 'Return to Ivalice'. 24mans are relatively easy, while 8 mans are where the challenge is at (Once the Savage version is released next week)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Officially there are two types of raids, one with 8 players and another called Alliance raids with 24 players. Although the alliance ones could be completed in under half an hour or less than that, but I do remember Dun Scaith definitely reaching the time limit when it first came out and players were wiping like nobodies business. But yep, just like Pence said the challenge lies with the 8 man content more than anything, esp Savage.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    I'm Randy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Thanks for the info, I still don't think they should be called raids as all you are doing is fighting a single mob and just feels like a boss fight. Nonetheless, I do look forward to the bigger raids. I'm far from the competitive best in slot person and just want to get to a level to where I can least clear any new content without much trouble. At the moment I'm 303 Item level and am doing duties to get the 310 gear and just did 1.0 and doing 1 dungeon or primal a day with my dailies as RL does not give me more than 2 hrs a day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiston Aglaeca
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    raid
    rād/Submit
    noun
    a sudden attack on an enemy by troops, aircraft, or other armed forces in warfare.
    "a bombing raid"
    synonyms: attack, assault, descent, blitz, incursion, sortie
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Siph Erous
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    The reason FFXIV raids are designed in this way is because trash mobs pose no benefit to anything int he game. They are useless to implement as many will just find ways to skip them to get into the boss battle. This allows us to get straight into the fights with having to waste time killign the same mobs over and over. 24 man designs are more raidlike however the more people you add to a fight the harder it is to tune its difficulty because you dont want 1 person to wipe 24 people (and it still happens in the 24 mans). I would like to see a 16 man mid tier raid seperate for 24mans easier tier and savages 8 man slug fest. Also the game desperately needs to add random drops from mobs in the overworld and in the dungeons. Its always exciting to see shiny stuff just get added to your inventory. RMT won't matter because it already happens and might they always find a way.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Keldon Allond
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Think of the 4 "raids" as one raid split into 4 parts, with the trash removed (there might be a couple pulls here and there, like in A10/A11, but it seems they put those into the solo instances this time around) because no one likes trash mobs. This lets the raid work on only one specific boss if they want, without having to clear all the earlier bosses in the raid if they no longer need gear. Have all your loot from deltascape 1.0 for everyone in the raid? Just skip directly to 2.0, you've clearly proven you can handle 1.0 if everyone has every drop they need.

As has already been mentioned, we currently only have deltascape normal mode, with savage to be released in the next patch. Think of this as the story/casual mode, so that everyone who wants to can experience the story and get some small upgrades, and not feel left out. Deltascape Savage is going to be the "hard" version of the raid, with harder/more mechanics, etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sayyida Al'hura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The 24 man raids are pub queue moron festivals.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rostythgar Onasch
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I assume you're new to the game. The 24-man raids come with the .1, .3, and .5 patches with the 8 man trial "raids" happening in initial, .2, and .4. The hardest content in the game, however, is Savage versions of the 8 man content. If you wonder why that is, you'd had to have been there for the likes of World of Darkness and Weeping City of Mhach when new.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Morrigan Heartless
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I like Destiny bungies raid type, FFXIV need raids if Puzzles no only boss fights
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast