Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Egregore Daimonic
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Any recent word on the future of Triple Triad?

I realize the subject of changes to the game have been brought up since... well, probably the beginning. Particularly if something is to be done to give 4* and 2* cards a purpose, even 1* cards outside of reverse. There's so many cards that I like but would simply serve to handicap me to the point of ruining some of the fun. Not to mention it just feels strange collecting cards knowing beforehand that I won't be using them because the deck system of 3*x4+5* is so... clunky.

This is by no means an original idea, but why can't we move to a * sum based system for decks, in other words a deck can only have so many total stars in their ranks. Suddenly deck possibilities expand exponentially, and every new card feels like a true acquisition and not just a bump to our total number of cards for the achievements.

Perhaps the topic of Triple Triad can be mentioned in the Q&A with Yoshi-P tomorrow?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mireille Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    I can't say I know the ideal solution to this, but Triple Triad could indeed use an improvement in a way or another. I've seen people say that you should be able to use a 4* card (along with your usual 5*) past certain achievements. I've seen people suggest that you should be limited to a total amount of stars (i.e. 15 total stars, so you could use five three stars, or perhaps one five star, two three stars and two two stars... any combination as long as it doesn't exceed a total of 15), I've seen people suggest that we shouldn't be limited to the usual rules when battling friends, I've seen people say that NPC drops should be increased, I've seen people sat that NPCs should follow the card limit rules (i.e. only one 4*/5*)...

There's a lot of complaints about Triple Triad. But people still like it. That proves that people want more of it, and with some improvements, it can become even bigger, and better. Whatever changes SE brings would likely appeal a lot of fans, so long as they do it right. Or... they could leave it as is. It's SE we are talking about, after all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Holy-chan; 07-11-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: 1000 character limit

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Two star cards are usable and a good option for plus/same matches, and served me well farming Asshat Ricky (or whatever her name it. you know, the one that drops admiral card) - as for four stars, they're nice for random/roulette when you can't build up a deck, as they increase your chance of getting at least one card with high numer sides, even if it's not a 5*.

My usual go-to deck is a standard 4 x 3* and 1 5*, but other cards have certain niches they can be used in, like one stars in reverse

4* are also okay for ascencion - for example I used a scion deck to farm Kan-e and Alphi & Ali card was very very nice for that.

I'm of the opinion that cards are fine as is, what we COULD see was an increase in tournment frequency - 1/ week instead of 1 per 2 weeks and have other rules implemented to make use of the current cards, for example I really would like tournments where you could not use any cards exceeding 2*; this way it would make those cards more usable outside niches and also newer players could play and have a chance at winning these tournments, so as to not get disheartened by TT right from the start

Also, gotta catch 'em all!
    (0)
    Last edited by Spiroglyph; 07-11-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jaiba Mon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Well, unlike Vermilion and Chocobo Racing, Square are still updating Triple Triad with new cards and achievements. So they're looking at it, and I hope they improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-chan View Post
    I've seen people suggest that you should be limited to a total amount of stars (i.e. 15 total stars, so you could use five three stars, or perhaps one five star, two three stars and two two stars... any combination as long as it doesn't exceed a total of 15)
    I love this idea! It would change the game completely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Head Hunters
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    im 200/202 and its rather vexing that i have to stick with my 5*+4x3* decks. at least at 200 let us use 4stars
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elyann Shukumi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Headhunters View Post
    im 200/202 and its rather vexing that i have to stick with my 5*+4x3* decks. at least at 200 let us use 4stars
    Not necessairely at 200 maybe... e , e

I was fine with the first restrictions removals at 30 and at 60...I think they should keep becoming less and less strict after every 30 cards you get.
    Either that or make the NPCs decks be fair too...it's ridiculous to play against someone with...idk...Chaos and make that character use 3x4* cards , 1x5* and one 3*.
    Ofc the match is still doable but...there's no purpouse in possessing more than 1x5* card at this point...let's not even talk about 4*s.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandemica Grimsdottir
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Triple Triad will be obsolete and a waste of time so long as SE continues to allow exploiters to ruin every tournament. Many friends and myself haven't bothered to enter a TT tournament in months because it's pointless when you play it fair.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tesla Silvermane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemic View Post
    Triple Triad will be obsolete and a waste of time so long as SE continues to allow exploiters to ruin every tournament. Many friends and myself haven't bothered to enter a TT tournament in months because it's pointless when you play it fair.
    It must vary depending on server. On Odin TT tournaments have been fair since they changed the format and it's perfectly possible to come first by playing normally.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Lee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I'm at 202/202 took a while to get Hien, the t_t tournaments is fair and sometimes it depends on luck but with the rewards even if you don't get top 3 you can still get the hero cards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemic View Post
    Yeah, im with NJA. This is a complaint i havent heard at all since they switched the format a few patches back. Admittedly, i dont play in the tournaments anymore(i got my 4 cards and stopped) so maybe things are getting back to how they were before. But it does make me wonder if youve played in them since the change happened. When you say you havent played in "months", have you played specifically since january when they made this change?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast