Player
    Character
    Jenivere Underwood
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 61

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue???

Heyo FFXIV community. Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with lag when in dungeons/ raids/ trial/ etc. I'm not having any delay when in the open world, only when I get into and instance does the problem pop up. Anyone suffering out there as well? If so, I feel your pain. I truely do. This problem just started so I don't know if it's my computer( I don't think it is) or something with the server. If any has any advice, help a fellow gamer out here. Lag is a silent killer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mamoki Hinoki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Hi I'm from Germany and yes I have the same issues in FFXIV and World of Warcraft and it's depressing like hell and it's driving me crazy! I just don't know what to do anymore... I reduced my graphic-settings, but... nope. I don't lag in the open world in World of Warcraft, but I often lag in the open world in FFXIV. It's super annoying when you attack mobs and get massive lags for nearly 10 seconds (you can walk around and use the attacks and all tho, but they don't get "casted" for your eyes with the lags, so you are playing 90% blind which is super "awesome" when you have to run out of some AoE) and yes, I have the same issue in instances too! I use Firefox and Skype pretty often, but I can't play a single MMO when I have one of the programs open: Firefox or Skype. The lags are much stronger then. But even when I close both programs, the lags are still there and sadly not very rare.
    I play wireless on Shiva (my internet connection is from Deutsche Telekom) with my Windows10 laptop which isn't even so old, just one year and all went pretty good when I got the lags in World of Warcraft and FFXIV nearly one month ago and at the same time. Most time I can play with around 40-60FPS, but sometimes I have 23FPS or less like 16FPS. I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't have any fun anymore in MMO's atm because the lags killing it for me... I found out, when I pull out my headset from the laptop (when I have sound in FFXIV), my game crashs...
    I scaned my laptop with Avira Antivir, used Ccleaner (thought I had broken datas to repair), but... nope. Checked if I can make any driver updates, but... nope too.
    I remember the issues began after I downloaded the last Windows10 update too. I don't know if there's any connection.

(Sorry any bad grammar and spelling, english is not my motherlanguage.)

Edit: Checked if I can update any drivers I may have forgotten and oops yes, I updated some things:
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
    Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT344B
    Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D14
    Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15
    Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PMC - 9D21
    Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O Thermal subsystem - 9D31
    Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O LPC Controller (U Premium SKU) - 9D48
    Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
    I will check later if the lags are gone and edit my post then.
    (0)
    Last edited by MamokiHinoki; 07-11-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tautu E'tu
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Where are you from? Certain players in the US have been having routing issues with this game for a year or more now. My basic understanding of it is that before the data center relocation it was an issue when your connect would go through Level 3. This only happened for certain players based on location and ISP because the routes will vary depending on those factors. It seems to still be occurring for some people, including me, but likely a different issue it's hitting during its route. Unfortunately, they didn't move the servers to fix or better latency for any of their players. I can turn on a VPN and my lag is gone. I shouldn't need to pay for a VPN to play one of the many options of MMOs I can play. I could leave go play WoW right now and have no lag all week, but instead I'm playing FFXIV recurring lag outside of connecting with a VPN because I enjoy it more. The lag is wearing on me though. The more and more time I play this game the less I want to keep supporting it and just go play something where I don't need a VPN to play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    That only was an issue with services provided by warner or comcast. I did have a ping of 340 prior as the servers were in montreal, but I did have 75% packet loss at any certain time, some days mostly on weekends, I couldn't stay connected for longer than 3 seconds, or would experience a lot of freezing etc. It was so bad, that when playing a tank, I would literally run through the mobs and flash wouldn't even do a thing, everything flew past me and on top of the healer. When playing healer, I could cast any cure/physick and it wouldn't register at all or 3 minutes later, causing wipes and killing tanks on the way. I did have to stop playing both, and start playing dps, but that wasn't better. I constantly couldn't finish a rotation, half way through I would dc or lag myself to death.

Now with the server move, I have a ping of 18-23 but most importantly I have no packet loss anymore, switching my provider and not going with comcast did help immensely as well. However I did pay in the past for VPN just like you guys do right now, therefore for me I welcome the server move. But unless the OP is with these kind of providers, I doubt that it's still going through level3, unless OP is from S.America or trying to connect from overseas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tautu E'tu
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaFaye View Post
    But unless the OP is with these kind of providers, I doubt that it's still going through level3, unless OP is from S.America or trying to connect from overseas.
    When I said, "...but likely a different issue it's hitting during its route." was meant to say it's not Level 3 again, but the same type of issue with a different bump it's hitting on its route. I worded it poorly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nikkita Thorne
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Can you tell if it's FPS lag or network-related? I just now started experiencing pretty bad FPS lag in instances, and I have no idea why. My computer isn't the best, but it's always run the game smoothly. I've been running benchmark after benchmark, and my computer seems perfectly fine. I'm fine in the open world. Yes, I lag in the busy Rhalgr's Reach, but not any more than normal, dipping from 60 to 40 FPS. And if this did apply to the open world as much as it's applying to instances, I'd be running at about 0 FPS in the Reach. But it dips down into the teens when I'm in instances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Ive had lag on and off since the server move to california. Using a paid VPN server does help this. I don't have a choice on ISP unless I want to go DSL. Have comcast where im at.

Is there any free VPN that might help? Wish these things had a group discount, wouldn't be so bad then. Does changing your DNS help the routing issue?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auelinne Wyght
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Yeah, it's been pretty much unplayable for me and my whole FC for about a week or so now. It's not even the server move, that was done weeks before the SB launch, and even through the first week or so of SB it wasn't that bad. I'm seeing a consistent received ping of 2500 with spikes of up to 9k. Last night in Rhalgers it looked like I was teleporting around the map it was so bad.
    (0)

9. 07-13-2017 07:43 AM
    Reason
    NM, I'm blind.

Player
    Character
    Tamamo Kuroka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    ..I just typed 'Final fantasy xiv support' and got this first link. I think this is what you're looking for.
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1

Can either do it there or in-game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mamoki Hinoki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Well... after I really updated all Drivers I'd forgot (and geez that were a lot Drivers I didn't thought they may really need an Update...), I don't have Lag's anymore in FFXIV. Didn't tested it in World of Warcraft yet, but it actually worked for me. Don't have Lag's anymore in Instances and in Battles in the open World. Maybe check all Drivers you have for Updates? IDK.
    (0)