Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63

Hypothetical dream dps job discussion. Mine is long haha

Me and my friends always talk about this. What would yours be? Mines kind of long. Lol

Mine would be some sort tamer/hunter class. It would be more damaged focused than support but with a bit of support still. I always pictured it with a bow, but that can't happen due to bard though I suppose a crossbow would work.

weapons and mechanics

However I settled on a glaive that works like a boomerang. There are tons of style, and would make a cool fantasy weapon. It would be stored on the small of your back and could extend out when unsheathed.

Since the classes have a mechanic and/or a gimmick I had to come up with something a bit different than my original idea. The gimmick is the animal its self. The pet are your auto attacks. If you use a ranged pet they stay next to you in battle, and melee pets attack your target in melee range. Pets do not take damage.

Unlike a summoner you can't choose at will. You pick a type of pet during the first quest, and as you reach a certain level or gain a certain ability your pet would evolve. This would all be pretty much for aesthetics only. The categories of pet would be canine, feline, avian, drake, insect, and reptile. Each variation would start basic, and it would grow in size and change in appearance. None of them would be too much bigger than a lala. In height when fully evolved. You cannot change after you pick unless you have a special item that is very hard to get and cannot be sold and can only have 1 at a time of.

The "gauge" style mechanic would be the hunters gauge. The class would be a simple pet class where part of your learned abilities are for your pet unlike how summoner has abilities for each summon. The hunters gauge would work as follows... The gauge goes from 0 to 100 and is filled by certain actions and at certain thresholds allows your pet access to advanced moves and increases pet auto attack damage. The gauge does not deplete while in battle. Begins to deplete when battle ends and it takes 30 seconds to fully deplete.

skills

Lvl 1 Side Arm: throw your glaive in an arc to hit an enemy with a potency of 120.

Lvl 4 Follow Through: throw your glaive in an opposite direction arc with a potency of 120.
    Combo action: side arm
    Combo potency 220.

Lvl 6 Hunters Sight: target weak spot to critical hit on your next weapon skill. Cool down of 60 seconds. Does not effect pet abilities.
    Additional effect: increases hunter gauge by 10.

Lvl 10 Back Flip: use wind magic to do a leaping back flip to dodge an attack. Cannt be used while bound. 45 sec Cool down.

Lvl 15 Wind slash: imbue your glaive with wind magic to increase its width and Throw your glaive in an arc at a target to damage them and nearby enemies potency of 80.

Lvl 18 pet action 1: attack a single target. Potency 200. Cool down of 30 sec. Becomes available at 25 hunter gauge.

Lvl 26 Power Throw: throw your glaive so that it sticks into your target causing a bleeding damage over time. Attack potency 80
    Dot potency 80
    Dot length 21 seconds
    Additional effect: smelling the targets blood your pets auto attacks deal 5% more damage
    Additional effect: increase hunters gauge by 5.

Lvl 30 Spinning edge: spin in the opposite direction of follow through to do an extra powerful throw to damage an enemy. Potency 120
    Combo action: follow through
    Combo potency:400
    Additional effect: if used after follow through increase hunters gauge by 5.

Lvl 35 pet action 2: command pet to rush target. Potency 100.
    Becomes available at 50 hunter gauge.
    Stun 3 seconds.
    Cool down 30 seconds.

Lvl 40 Plan of action: call out targets weak spots to everyone increasing damage dealt by your teammates by 5% for 15 seconds.
    Cool down 120 seconds
    Additional effect: increase hunters gauge by 15.
    Does not effect user or any pets (includes summons).

Lvl 45. Wind Scythe: imbue your glaive with wind magic increasing its width and Throw it an arc in the opposite direction damaging your target and enemies nearby. Potency 100
    Combo action: wind slash
    Combo potency: 210
    Has flare effect for each additional enemy up to 15% on the 5th + enemy.

Lvl 50 Charged throw: Pour was much wind magic as you can into your glaive to throw your glaive in a straight line to damage your target. The longer you charge it the more damage it will do.
    Duration 9 seconds
    Potency: 100
    3 sec potency: 250
    6 sec potency: 550
    9 sec potency: 800
    Every 3 seconds of charging increases the damage. If cancelled early it will use the last 3 second threshold passed as the modifier.
    Additional effect: if fully charged when launched increase tp by 1/2 of your current tp.
    Cannot move while charging or the move will be cancelled. Infinite range.

Lvl 52 Ferocity: command pet to attack with unrestrained ferocity. Double pet auto attack speed for 10 seconds.
    Cool down: 60 seconds
    Cannot be used with treat.

Lvl 54 pet action 3: command pet to attack 3 random enemies. Each attack has a potency of 120. Available after 75 hunters gauge.
    If the same target is hit consecutively the potency of each attack is lower. 2nd is 100 and 3rd is 80.

Lvl 56 To Me!: Call your pet to you to take a portion of the damage from the next attack. Pet cannot attack for 10 seconds after taking the damage for you.
    Damage prevented: 20%
    Cool down: 90 seconds

Lvl 58 Piercing throw: replaces power throw.
    Potency: 100
    Dot potency: 100
    Fur duration: 30 seconds
    Additional effect: smelling the targets blood your pets auto attacks deal 5% additional damage.
    Additional effect: increase huntersguage by 5.

Lvl 60 Command animal: call forth a random animal to damage a single target. Available at 75 hunters gauge. Potency 300.

Lvl 62 Cyclone Edge: spin the opposite direction of spinning edge to gather even more momentum to throw your glaive in an arc damaging your target. Can only be used after spinning edge.
    Potency: 450
    Cool down 90 seconds

Lvl 65 Treat: throw your pet a treat that increases its crit chance by 15% for 10 seconds.
    Cannot be used with ferocity.
    Additional effect: increas hunters gauge by 5.

Lvl 68 Hunters intuition: if used while under the effect of hunters sight the next 2 weapon skills will crit.
    Cool down: 180 seconds
    Additional effect: increase hunters gauge by 10.

Lvl 70 Pet action 4: pet calls forth a few of its pack to attack a single target. Available at 100 hunters gauge. Drops hunters gauge to 50.
    Potency 450
    Cool down: 120 seconds

Lvl 55 trait syncronization: every 10th pet auto attack grants 5 hunters gauge.

Lvl 70 trait Partners: when hunters gauge is full your pets auto attacks are increased by 5%.

I'm not a numbers guy so I'm sure theyre probably hacked, but I hope you get what I was going for.

I hope you post some of your ideas. Doesnt have to be as detailed. I was just really bored at work so it helped kill time haha.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jezebeth Soulkeeper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    You could also just play Hunter in WoW, since its a ff14 addoptation of the wow hunter class.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by poffo View Post
    You could also just play Hunter in WoW, since its a ff14 addoptation of the wow hunter class.
    Ive never played wow, nor do I have the ability to. I play on ps4.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It's still rough, of course, but I wouldn't mind something of this aesthetic if it were polished and implemented in a fitting expansion.

Still playing around with some original ideas of my own. Tend to get too caught up in universal undermechanic revisions every time I attempt it to write them out though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    It's still rough, of course, but I wouldn't mind something of this aesthetic if it were polished and implemented in a fitting expansion.

Still playing around with some original ideas of my own. Tend to get too caught up in universal undermechanic revisions every time I attempt it to write them out though.
    Me too lol. Something will just come to me that I have to rethink the whole thing haha
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Throwing Axes Ranged DPS Viking go.

Mechanic: Battlelust builds with every weaponskill used, greatly increasing auto attack speed and reducing Weaponskill Recast timers.
    Details: Recast timer would not be able to go down below a set amount (skill speed still effective here). Vikings would have both quick recast weaponskills and long recast weaponskills that have much higher damage and TP cost. Vikings built up Battlelust, allowing them to use the greater damage / cost weaponskills without the speed penalty. Battelust eventually must be dumped to grant heavy TP Recovery (a cooldown phase)

Examples:

Whirly Axe - 60 TP (Instant / 2.5 Second Recast)
    Throw an axe at 150 Potency. Builds 5 Battlelust.

Heavy Lob - 90 TP (Instant / 5.0 Second Recast)
    Throw an axe at 250 Potency. Builds 5 Battlelust

Hulking Hurl - 150 TP (Instant / 7.5 second recast)
    Launch a massive axe at 420 Potency. Builds 5 Battle Lust

Rend and Relish
    Inflict a DoT effect on the target for 15 seconds, potendy dependent on current Battlelust. Gain a TP recovery effect based on the potency of the DoT.

A more complete ability list would include mini-Battle Lust spenders, as well as more diversified weaponskills.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kabooa; 07-10-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aribeth Lightbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    i THINK whip is awesome choice it was orignal weapon of early ff games. i hope see ranger with crossbow

it on right track with mine ideal a whip is mid-range to melee

tame is also when you start out at low levels you are limit to pets option have so your options to pets grown
    (1)
    Last edited by Savagelf; 01-09-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gwendolyn Highwind
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I think that a Dual Pistol class like a Gunslinger would be pretty badass. I feel like we need another physical ranged DPS in the game and it could be a very quick class that gains speed and momentum gradually and then unleashes some mayhem : ).
    (3)

"I've Left the fire... But the fire hasn't me... Through the fire I am reborn..."

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by NineFouryFive View Post
    I think that a Dual Pistol class like a Gunslinger would be pretty badass. I feel like we need another physical ranged DPS in the game and it could be a very quick class that gains speed and momentum gradually and then unleashes some mayhem : ).
    A dual pistol class is what I was dreaming machinist would be!! I would love a dual pistol super fast constant stream of small damage that adds up

Make it super mobile with lots movement built into the kit maybe too would be cool to me
    (1)
    Last edited by Meta-Flare; 01-10-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I dream of Chemist as a healer, possibly with Mix being its core mechanic.

I also would love to see Blue Mage, I personally would like to see it as a tank, if only due to the fact that we already have plenty of DPS right now.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast