Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Drakeos Shadowbane
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

PvP botters are ruining PvP Frontline ...

Would love to see some action agianst these people using third party program to bot for them in pvp ... sick and tired of grouping up with them and making us lose
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    They not doing anything about parsers, unless someone gets reported, don't think they'll even do anything about botters
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kasu Kabe
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I'd love it too... But since Feast season 1, nothing has been done, and every cheater/afkers haven't been punished. And i'ts not like you have time to fill a report during a match. We really need a quick report for bots, for both pve and pvp.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    People really want their easy EXP, and that's great, but it's never been this bad. People try and argue "Oh, they'll just AFK for the tomestones", but tomestones have always been a reward for PvP. It's never been this bad. Not even remotely close.

Those are about a minute apart, I stopped taking screenshots after that. There was about six of us actively participating, the rest AFK/botted on the node for the entire match. I used to love Frontlines, but I think I'm done. This EXP reward might have gotten new players in, but it absolutely killed the fun. It'd be one thing if this only happened once every now and again, but I've had this for the past four matches today alone, and pretty consistently since the expansion launched.
    (8)
    Last edited by Endemerrin; 07-11-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Yeah, something definitely needs to be done. They're fairly easy to spot, too, since usually they stick close to the spawn point and/or follow a specific player and follow them for the entire match whilst running around in circles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Exp may be part of this, ease of getting into PvP at level 30 is the other portion. This is why I push for the idea of a Ranked version of Frontlines, kicking rights, and ease of reporting.

Sadly, these accounts will get banned, that's not the problem, the problem is what they do to the gameplay in the meantime.

Perhaps they can make a participation rating system that gates rewards on actually providing actions towards the match. (Combat, Objectives, etc.) If so, they should apply it universally to all rewards. I'm much, much more in defense of individual reward scaling based off of performance than I am punishing an entire team for the actions of a few.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myori Mittens
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I think we should be able to tag any accounts and if they get enough tags they will get temp banned from pvp . One tag per instance, so you couldnt have a pre-made group of 7 or something harassing one person. I know it would probably be abused by ragers when they lose, so some people MAY get temp banned unfairly.

Also people who say getting rid of exp would kill the queue, the queues once they removed GC restrictions were only like 10 mins (although to be fair I took a couple months break before SB so the wait may have gone up?). I almost would rather wait 10 mins for a group whos at least semi-trying then 5 to be stuck with botters/afks, they'd probably have to give us more stuff to buy with wolfmarks though as a compromise (aetheryte tickets would be nice)
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinglybell; 07-11-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kasu Kabe
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Exp may be part of this, ease of getting into PvP at level 30 is the other portion. This is why I push for the idea of a Ranked version of Frontlines, kicking rights, and ease of reporting.

[...]

Perhaps they can make a participation rating system that gates rewards on actually providing actions towards the match. (Combat, Objectives, etc.) If so, they should apply it universally to all rewards. I'm much, much more in defense of individual reward scaling based off of performance than I am punishing an entire team for the actions of a few.
    IMO SE must NOT implement a ranked frontlines.You absolutely cannot balance jobs according to Frontlines, because of several reasons:

1st you would need teams to have egual repartition of roles amongst them, which would involve Matchmaking. and matchmaking has been the thing that killed frontlines before garo event. Also, that would seperate FL in 2 modes, the one we know, and another one that would be dead on arrival for previously said reasons.

2nd: with the current meta Healers are weak in frontlines. Now that the skills have been pruned, an healer can barely escape once they are pulled inside by a DRK inside of a group, even more if it's a coordinated team. They have all they tools removed (AoE heals, most cc, skill defense against CC, etc...), while CC from DRK/PLD are incredibly power full. before SB, cc duration was 1 min after the 3rd time (and has diminishing return) which already meant nothing in frontlines, now it's 10/15 secs, which is ridiculous. While this time, even an AFK DPS that only 1 1 1 can deal efficient damage just like that, now imagine with a well coordinated team. Also, it became incredibly hard for healers to be able to support several ppl being burst at the same time, for said reasons above. It could have been done pre SB, since healers had lot of tools and the difference between a good and a bad healer was noticeable (same for all jobs actually)

3rd: balance jobs according to frontlines, and ranked feast is unbalanced. Current meta has made thing pretty bad right now. Before, jobs weren't as unbalanced as people like to say it, in either FL or feast. But now that skills have been reduced to nothing, you must either balance them for FL or feast.

However, you got a point, SE needs to reward effort of people individually and not as a group. this is the only way to prevent afkers/botters. But that will probably take times to add such system, because they'll need to get the right calculations about healing/dmg/kills/assists/etc... Some jobs are better to rise numbers than other (ex: SCH, shields don't count as healing done). I just really hope they take time to make such system. But until now, it has mostly been a system that punish a player for his team bad play: in feast, you hava much more to loose if you queue as diamond than if you queue as gold in terms of points for the same match, and everyone knows how gold is easy to grind since s3. I just wish they stop with that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    They should have made it based on individual performance. Not only am I sick of AFKers, but I'm also sick of people who run around in circles at the base the entire game CLAIMING they are defending the base.

Last night I had a PLD tell me that because he was a PLD that was all he was good for.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Sadly, that won't really fix anything. People will still find a way to cheese it. Overhealing counts on the scoreboard in PvP, so healers can just spam heals on themselves until they're set. Having a damage threshold makes things unfair for tanks, who would have to work harder to get the same reward as DPS. Having a damage taken threshold is easily abused by people just running into packs of people and getting killed.

It's a difficult thing to balance. I understand people wanting PvP to have an incentive, and I agree, but I never have thought that connecting PvE and PvP is a good idea. People should want to PvP because it's PvP, not because it's easy leveling or tomestones. I feel like bringing glamour items tied to ranks would be incentive enough to encourage participation. They could even just take the savage raid route, and make normal PvP gear undyable, and ranked PvP gear dyable. There's options, but I feel that so long as the system stays the way it is, people will abuse it. As long as that's the case, my interest is shot, because I just find myself getting annoyed instead of actually enjoying the content.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast