Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Roulette Tweak Suggestion

Earlier today, 3 members of my FC and one Linkshell friend of one of my FC members gets together to do a Leveling Roulette.

At least two of them are Level 70, and all of us are 60+ (I was 66 at the time).

We Q up for Leveling Roulette and we get...... Dzemael Darkhold. *sigh*

Seriously?

I am 100% fine with doing even Sastasha if there's somebody there who needs it, or even if it is relevant to someone (someone who's <Lv25), but seriously. A full Lv60+ group should not be getting a Lv45-ish dungeon. It is worth no worthwhile XP to any of us, and all of the drops are worth pretty much nothing. They're not even worth the GC seals, because that stuff gives you a piddly 200-300 seals, where if you did a Stormblood dungeon, you'd be getting more like 1.5k seals.

My suggestion: If everybody in the group is doing Roulette and there are no specific queues, the Roulette should ask itself a few questions:

1). Does anybody in the group have a dungeon they have unlocked but yet to clear that is also available to everybody else?
    2). What's the lowest level player in the group?

What the Duty Finder should then do, is first consider #1 -- pick the lowest level character who has an unlocked but yet-to-clear dungeon and pick that dungeon if possible (assuming everybody else has it unlocked too).

If #1 does not apply (nobody has an unlocked but uncleared dungeon, or one of the group members can't do it), then #2 should be considered.

If #2, then only dungeons of Lowest Level -5 and up should be considered.

For example, let's say two Lv70s, a Lv65, and a Lv55 Q end up in a Roulette group together. Everybody queued for "Leveling Roulette" and nobody has an Unlocked but Uncleared dungeon.

The Roulette system should only choose Lv50-55 dungeons that are available to the entire group. Let's say the Lv55 only has Dusk Vigil, and Sohm Al available (he hasn't gotten far enough to get to Nidhogg's lair yet). Therefore, the result will either be Dusk Vigil or Sohm Al.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tamamo Kuroka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Um, then just don't do the leveling roulette. Because the Leveling roulette is basically every dungeon except the 50-60 dungeons. They're on their own roulette. Leveling roulette is specifically for your lower level alt classes.

But it still is a nice suggestion. Until then, though, yeah. x_X
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zephyr Valkyrie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I would love it to go by the lowest level party member since I'm sick to death of getting the lowest level dungeons in the game. Yesterday I'm on a 59 RDM, lowest party member is 46 yet we're in SATASHA! Can something seriuosly be done about this as it's putting me off doing levelling roulette due to the constant low level dungeons no one needs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Yes. So much yes!
    I will never understand how a full group of lv70 people end up in Sastasha.
    I have absolutely no problem with running Sastasha if I get partied with a low lvl, who gets something out of the run. But if a group of all 70 characters get together, the dungeon should just at least be in the -10 level range.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    That is the nature of a roulette...you can get anything in the pool
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    As nice as this sounds... it is a roulette. Not that I wouldn't love for some tweaking, because as you said running stuff some 40 levels below my current level is pretty boring.. but yeah, roulette.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    The levelling roulette is nearly always worthwhile exp...

Last one I did we got titan story I walked out with over 1.5 million exp for a 4 minute duty.

All the low level stuff pays off.

In heavensward for example getting sastasha would throw you an 750k exp bonus at the end if you were level 59.

If you ran the library at 59 you only got about 850k from it and it took longer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tamamo Kuroka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    The levelling roulette is nearly always worthwhile exp...

Last one I did we got titan story I walked out with over 1.5 million exp for a 4 minute duty.

All the low level stuff pays off.

In heavensward for example getting sastasha would throw you an 750k exp bonus at the end if you were level 59.

If you ran the library at 59 you only got about 850k from it and it took longer.
    Yeah if I remember what the roulette says, it specifically tells you that the roulette reward you get scales to what your level is and what the level of the dungeon your doing is. So if you got Sastasha, you'd get a ton of EXP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Here's the problem, though:

Sastasha = Get no XP from kills, and "X" XP from the Roulette Completion.
    Stormblood Dungeon = Far more XP from kills, and the same "X" XP from Roulette Completion

For example, if you get, say, that dungeon in Azim Steppes, you get 28,000 per kill. In Sastasha, you get about 500-1k per kill.

When you complete the end of the dungeon, you get the same reward out of using the Duty Finder and running the Roulette for the first time in a day. So you can go from getting, say, 30% of a level by doing Sastasha to getting 80% or more by getting that Azim Steppes dungeon.

A few days ago, I Q'd my 65 WHM up. I was 10% into the level. When the dungeon was over, I was just a hair from dinging 66.

However, yesterday, I took my 67 Paladin out with some guildies... we wound up in Dzemael Darkhold. I got barely 30% of a level.

That's a pretty large difference.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I keep hearing,

"I don't mind doing Sastasha if there's somebody who needs it, but we shouldn't end up in Sastasha if we're a complete party of high level characters."

The thing is, the roulette isn't there for complete parties of high level characters who want to queue DR:Leveling. It's there for the solo people who are queued up for specific dungeons hoping that people will queue up for DR:Leveling with an open spot in the party. So if you don't want to end up in Sastasha, queue for the specific level-appropriate dungeon your party wants to do.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast