Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    I'm sorry, mate, this a battle you will never win. Especially now when tanks sprinting off as soon as they're able is A Thing.
    *shrugs*

Ain't hard to let a tank eat dirt in some of the more egregious examples, especially if they are also rude (more chance the DPS will side with the healer, if the tank is acting like a jerk).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shizuno Urushibaa
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70
    this is kind of amusing, cos you guys are whining about people running off and the last dungeon run i did last night in aurum vale as tank, i had to ask the healer to actually use protect even when we started the dungeon. it was also kind of obvious this guy was new to healing so i didnt put any pressure on him and just asked for protect when he didnt use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sarena Veradayne
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Solution: find a reliable tank partner. The tank controls the flow of the group if things are working properly. In an ideal world we'd have time to cast protect, maybe even say hello to each other, but those bygone days of MMO sociability died with the whole LFG / DF mentality. That's the price the gaming community has paid for wanting / using such things. Everyone is expendable / replaceable for anything at any time and for any reason. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is and the only way to go backward is to find a consistent group.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    This is just another reason they need to ditch Protect. And for every tank that waits for a healer like you, there's another tank thinking that they're waiting for a healer like you but really waiting for a healer either not paying attention or expecting you to get a move on.

There's no reason not to swiftcast it on the tank while moving; when's the last time you needed swiftcast within the first minute of a dungeon?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alistaire; 07-15-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Krotoan Argaviel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I don't heal, so I'm just gonna plop down a suggestion that sounds good to me. Make a macro that says in partychat "Hold still! I'm casting protect!" and hit it a couple times at the start. Personally I'll wait for the protect and other buff casts when the dungeon starts because that's how I know they go.
    (0)
    WHERE IS THIS KETTLE EVERYONE KEEPS INTRODUCING ME TO?

Player
    Character
    Koichi Resh
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    There was one run I did as a DPS for a new dungeon in SB and I was left out of two boss fights... one being the first one and the second being the final boss. (mind you I do the cutscene if I'm new to a dungeon/trial). The tank was just rush sprinting the entire thing...

... was not happy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I long ago got fed up of tanks that can't wait 3 seconds that I stopped giving them protect if they ran off. They do that crap now they'll find themselves without protect and me unable to give it to them since I have it on macro now and can only cast it outside of battle. It's only 3 seconds that makes everyones life easier.
    i played healer and nothing else for 3 years and i have seen plenty of tanks running off without protect. yeah, it's annoying.
    however, now i played tank and it happens from time to time that i just forgot to wait at the start for protect.
    i understand both sides now.

and: as a tank i wait for protect, if i don't forget it, and i feel sorry if i remember that i should have waited for protect, if it happens that i run off without it.

but in the end i also don't care much if you don't give me protect. this is YOUR tool to make YOUR life easier. i don't have to heal me with 15% defense less. if you don't cast protect you are just punishing yourself.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tint; 07-16-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Narwhal Shadowsun
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    This is a polite request to stop making posts addressing a random group of people who will never read this forum. Thank you.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2