Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dawn Solaris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Is anyone else dying to get to Garlemald?

I mean the Garlean empire is one of the main antagonistic threat organizations in the world and we know they home base is Garlemald which is in the northern part of Ilsabard. I really would like to see know more and see more of there how their society works. I wish I know we were going there in the 4.x series but surely by 5.0 we'll infiltrate it no?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Yes I am since I have always been curious what their land is like but I can already guess we can expect the cities and towns to be a mix of FFXV and FFXIII city and towns due to it being a land that developed using technology over magic.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Apoc Baldr
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Knowing final fantasy, at some point we will have to ally with them to face the big baddie (zodiark).
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I'm very eager to team up with someone like Gaius or Regula to go to Garlemald as a friend, yes.

I'm not terribly interested in heading to Garlemald to destroy it, though. It's one of the most interesting aspects of the setting and the game does not shy away from grey morality so it's not as if Garlemald isn't without it's own reasons for doing things.

I fully expect to ally with Garlemald at some point, especially since this game takes a lot of inspiration from FFXII.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I'm very eager to team up with someone like Gaius or Regula to go to Garlemald as a friend, yes.
    I am still guessing that the WoL would enter Garlemald as a Prisoner of War instead of some ally getting WoL into Garlemald. This would setup a more dire position for WoL where he or she is completely cut off from all known allies and must find a way out of Garlemald for atleast 1 or 2 level of the storyline. Thus opening a path into and out of Garlemald in the beginning X.0 instead of X.X ending. X.X ending may be best set up the possible betrayal that gets the WoL captured as a Prisoner of War into Garlemald.

Unless they manage to hijack a transport that can smuggle the WoL into Garlemald. *cough* Doomtrain *cough*

Though the one thing I notice is that 4.0 MSQ is not seen by many as good as 3.0 because it did not have the WoL in a dire position as he or she was in 3.0 MSQ. The WoL was always surrounded by friends this time where in 3.0 WoL only had Alphy and "mutual interests" people working together but nothing actually worth putting each other as friends until later in the storyline.
    (12)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 07-08-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Talya Stormbreaker
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Nope, I'm going to enjoy the next two years in Weebville.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ardor Historia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I'd find it more interesting if we went in as an ambassador (with all the responsibilities and immunities it entails) to broker a truce between the alliance and the empire, considering the ascians are a greater threat to the star as a whole and that we both (seem) to share an interest in halting the primal's summoning and continued existence.

I haven't a doubt we will eventually have to clash with Varis zos Galvus, though I'd find it more interesting if our entry into Garlemald was less so as a "let's destroy everything" and more a "let's try to avoid a world war".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    I haven't a doubt we will eventually have to clash with Varis zos Galvus, though I'd find it more interesting if our entry into Garlemald was less so as a "let's destroy everything" and more a "let's try to avoid a world war".
    If only it was that easy since currently it seems Varis is intended to conquer all the lands under Garlean rule to prevent any Primals from ever being summon again and now he is making a mutual alliance with a certain Ascion because their interests align despite having separate goals.

This War has been coming for a long time but we can all agree we are most likely going to have a ally in Garlemald to allow the Garlean Empire to become a ally later anyways since we only seen one side of the Garlean Empire since no one really knows what goes on inside Garlemald except fro what little info slips out as rumors and talk among Garlean soldiers outside of Garlemald.
    (0)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 07-08-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I'm expecting garlemald to resemble midgard to some capacity, it'll probably even have a slum for all the non-garlean aans used for general labor in the city proper. Or it'll be an indoor city to accommodate for the harsh weather.
    (6)
    Last edited by VargasVermillion; 07-08-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    From a purely scientific standpoint... I'm curious, but I'm not dying to go there. Their government is a military dictatorship and 4.0 showed pretty clearly how they treat conquered peoples. I'm curious as to how their civilian class lives and what their non-military architecture is like, but beyond that... meh.
    (8)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast