Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Another helpful ability if you have a THM in the party is Blizzara. We found it extremely useful when the king is being summoned. Have the Thaumaturge move to the middle of the summoning, standing where the king is so that you hit most of them, and blizzara right after the party takes damage, freezing a few of the moogles in the center.

Make sure to also keep casting it wherever the largest group is at, for some effective crowd control.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mister-Wonderful; 12-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Along the same lines, a CON's Stonera heavy effect is nice to throw out at the beginning of Phase 2. GLA seems to move quite fast even with it though.
    My group has started doing this fight smoothly with GLA, 2 CON, 5 ARC. Gets all 7 down in Phase 1 alright.
    We're still experimenting with order a bit, but we do: WHM BLM ARC (THF / BRD) MRD King GLA, and finish with ~10 minutes on the clock if all goes well. ARC THF and BRD are kind of a tossup but we decided getting sniped hurt more than avoidable MP drain.

Note that once jobs hit, among other useful abilities, WHM will have Esuna/Erase/whatever they call it, which might be able to cure Petrify. This would make THF less of a priority.

When King, MRD or THF decide they want to use Moogle-go-round or Mognesia (MP drain), they'll do it 3-5 times or so if people stay in range. They spam more at lower HP from what I've seen.

BLM does literally nothing aside from Pom Flare, and WHM/BRD hit for negligible damage when they're not cure/buffing.
    (0)
    Last edited by SeraviEdalborez; 12-24-2011 at 04:05 AM.

XI: Zeroblade, Titan Server

Character
    Shosa Sosa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Also another awesome thing we learned is right after the summon and 2hour hits if the THM Dark Seals and Blizzara evry moogle will get hit, a couple times we bound every single moogle but the king (which i dont think can be bound). but most the time u will hit at least 4 of them. this allows the GLA to flash them all and not have to worry about 7 moogles on him at once.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lily Spider
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMog View Post

After the last (6th moogle) is killed, we gather at the south of the room for rebuffs and heals.
    I thought I was going crazy ... I was counting the moogles, we had killed 6 and there was still one up (before the main moogle comes up)... But there in fact is 7 moogles lol.

ANYWAY, Thanks for this great guide, I have read it a few times, watched your video and I don't get it how you can do it so well lol. I have done this fight now probably 30 times and failed every time...

Maybe you can help me a bit.

Ok, so here is our problem.
    We get all the moogles dead fine before the 2h, we recover ok after 2h. Everyone has full HP and MP... and then chaos happens. Archers start dying, Conjurers spam heal so much that they run out of MP and in the matter of 2 - 3 minutes we are all dead and exiting the battlefield.

I am going to eat my Moogle toy for breakfast tomorrow morning if we can't do this tonight!!! lol
    (0)
    There is a little Monkey in all of us....

Player
    Character
    Krystalan Deathgiver
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
    I thought I was going crazy ... I was counting the moogles, we had killed 6 and there was still one up (before the main moogle comes up)... But there in fact is 7 moogles lol.

ANYWAY, Thanks for this great guide, I have read it a few times, watched your video and I don't get it how you can do it so well lol. I have done this fight now probably 30 times and failed every time...

We get all the moogles dead fine before the 2h, we recover ok after 2h. Everyone has full HP and MP... and then chaos happens. Archers start dying, Conjurers spam heal so much that they run out of MP and in the matter of 2 - 3 minutes we are all dead and exiting the battlefield.

I am going to eat my Moogle toy for breakfast tomorrow morning if we can't do this tonight!!! lol
    A couple of tips to make recovery easier: /assist <p#> is your friend. Have a dedicated targeting lead that doesn't do binds unless absolutely necessary, makes it easier for your binders to find the main target again easier. Also have dedicated binders for both MRD and GLD, with specific backups. Communicate. If a bind fails let your party know. Finally, and Mog specifically covered this one, keep yourself alive. Arc has a 2kish mp pool, use it. Kite if you're getting hit. If someone goes down get them back up asap (protip: Company issued expectorants are your friend, and only cost 15 seals)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba View Post

do yourself a favor and parser the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Supaken Mai
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    2 THM's really?
    (0)

Character
    Xakery Jones
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I won after reading this, but we did it different. Thanks for the inspiration though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Oh look, another ARC ARC ARC ARC strat. Thanks.
    (1)

Character
    Xakery Jones
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    go check my youtube page for encouragement ^^ my latest 3 are on top
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast