Player
    Character
    Lucky Starz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80

Melding advice

Now I crafted the 290 crafting and gathering white HQ gear sets. Guess it is about time to meld and the status without melding for crafting is sth like 1200/1100/382. How would you guys meld? I am not that keen to use all my Material Vs on it cause green/blue BiS will come out sooner or later. I heard someone saying that it is a good idea to max out the CP? Welcome to advise and share your melding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Covey
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    My advice would be to wait the requirements for the next recipes, and then you meld the crafter set to reach that cap, because almost all i290 crafter gear have such high cap ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucky Starz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Good idea. I am thinking about throwing some cheap CP IIIs to the gears, in this way the 1* can be crafted with food at ease? when the next recipes are out, then wash all the cheap IIIs away for re-panta melding. or maybe by then the new gearset will be out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Covey
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Yes I did the same too, melds some CPs, and then remove them for the "serious" melding when we know the stats
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eric Sciffer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 67
    Just get cheap CP and stock up materia for the melding when 2-star comes out so you can hit the requirements (because on the day 2-star comes out, expect a huge spike in materia prices).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evian Everdeen
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieu5470 View Post
    Yes I did the same too, melds some CPs, and then remove them for the "serious" melding when we know the stats
    Do what this guy says. I did the same, I capped CP on the gear (left primaries and secondaries alone). This lets you run current rotations and macros for current recipes. Once we get new recipes or new BiS gear, remove the CP for what we really need or craft the new BiS gear.
    (0)