Player
    Character
    Ditsutsu Ditsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 55

Force Password Change

Gee thanks sqeenix for pushing me back to an easy-to-remember password after logging in from a new computer forced me to change my hard-fought memorized random password, because apparently a 'Hey, is this you??' feature is too difficult.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    That's because your IP address has changed and SE are not sure whether your account has been hacked or not.

The only way to avoid having to reset your password every time your IP address is changed (such as playing from a different location or if your internet provider assigns you a dynamic IP address) is to purchase a Square Enix Security Token or Software Token and enter the random one-time password it generates each time you login (doing so causes the system to ignore changed IP addresses). It's a security feature to protect your account.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Hecate Sinon
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    happened to me too when getting a new laptop(same house and router though)!!!

im not critizising that they do stuff to protect my account BUT a simple verification email would be enough like "if it was you who just logged into FF with a new device, click here to verfiy the device"
    -> No, pls read safety guidelines, then change your password..... and then use the change password function to chnage it to your old PW again

basically saying: what SE makes the player go trough when it wasnt illegaly used! I mean you are FORCED to change PW even it was a legal login attempt by yourself, i mean when they can send me an email to say me what to do, they could send an email that says "hey sry that we locked your account, but it was due to protect your account, if it was you, simply click here to unlock your account!"
    the force change is simply not needed!
    (0)
    Last edited by xX-Sinon-Xx; 07-10-2017 at 09:43 AM.