Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Picking back up from 50

So I've been on and off in the game for the last few years. I was pretty dedicated to crafting back when the game relaunched. Had all of the crafts to 50 with their special gear all made.

But with everything that has been released and how lost I seem to be.. where do I go from here? I got one class to 60 with the moogle dailies.. I thought they were a god send given that all of my crafts were leveled before the other craft dailies were even added (name slips my mind now).

I vaguely know about the collection stuff, scrips.. But all of this was added long after I had left the game. Is there something I should focus on first or an order I should look into again? I suppose a gear option is bite the bullet and buy things from the AH but i'd like that to be a sort of last resort.

Just feeling really overwhelmed and lost on how to break back into crafting again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    You can try the Heavensward crafting guide I wrote back in 2015:
    http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-ad...e-tsukino.156/
    Ch 30 - Ch 33 might help.
    (1)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I have read over the guide, and started slowly working on leveling everything. A bit stuck on the 55 quest due to being unable to hq it but I'll get there I guess.

Should I go and worry about the script gear ? I wasn't sure if I should just level things to 60 best I can and craft gear, maybe buy some if its cheap.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosekitten View Post
    I have read over the guide, and started slowly working on leveling everything. A bit stuck on the 55 quest due to being unable to hq it but I'll get there I guess.

Should I go and worry about the script gear ? I wasn't sure if I should just level things to 60 best I can and craft gear, maybe buy some if its cheap.
    I compared scrip gear and it is VERY worth it.
    Lv60 Red Scrip gear is better than Lv62 NQ. And given how long it will take you to get your crafters up to 60 via Moogles, you can easily get tools (and only tools IMO unless you really have extra scrips) for all of your DoH classes.

But you need to unlock Custom Deliveries (Zhloe Aliapoh's). These will give you scrips fast. Right now, I'm Rank 3 with Zhloe and I get 100 scrip out of one turn-in and I can do 6 of those per IRL week.

That's 600 scrips. It takes 25 scrips to buy 1 Blue Scrip Token (yes, you use RED scrips to buy BLUE tokens now). It takes 12 to buy one tool, so that's 300. That means I can buy one DoH's classes Primary AND Secondary per week. I'll get even more scrips when I rank Zhloe up again (you seem to earn 10-20 scrips per turn-in every time you rank up).

At this rate, I should easily have enough time before Moogles get me to 60 on all DoH classes. Easy. I might even have some left over for buying the left side of the equipment too which also looks to be powerful enough to carry me into SB crafting.

EDIT: You could also turn in Red Scrip deliveries for Rowena's and get even more scrips, 20-50 depending on whether or not anything is starred. But, you have to craft the stuff yourself and as you get higher in level this gets harder and harder to do with the NQ gear that the moogles sell you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Maeka; 07-08-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Marshal Renew
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It is overwhelming if you're rushing from 50 -> 70. Take your time.

- Level your gatherers before your crafters to save gil.
    - Do your GC daily quests everyday if possible.
    - Don't let your leves sit at 100/100.

Like Maeka said, if you make it to Heavensward and unlock Zhloe Aliapoh's in Idylshire, she can get you easy red scrips.

HQ Ironworks (best stuff@60) might be cheap to buy on the mb, so look for deals. Otherwise you can boost past that tier (60) with leves and craft yourself some HQ 61-63 Stormblood stuff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cleanse; 07-08-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    "Rushing" is a little hard to do when they jacked the amount of work required up so high.

Buying stuff to turn in for Leves is a lot less feasible, because of the reduced amount of XP you get from leves.

For example, IIRC, 59->60 is about 3,800,000 XP. You get about 150,000 per leve with an NQ turn-in. Said turnins take 1-2 items. Given the sheer ridiculous numbers of materials, you could spend 30-60 minutes trying to get one leve done (or pay 15-20k per item if bought from vendor).

So that's... 26 turn-ins. Assuming 30min per item is generous, but that's 13 hours to leve a whole levelup. (though if you simply gathered 99 of everything, you could shave off some time, but that's still a lot of freaking time).
    Or, we could assume 15k to buy the items, you're talking 390,000 gil per levelup.

Simply put, Moogles are slow but far more reasonable than dumping all of your money or grinding your eyeballs out on leves. You also get a veritable mountain of crystals and a decent amount of money off the MB for the Carbon Fibers you can buy with all of those Kupo Nuts. Dunno about Balmung or Mateus, but on Lamia, those are still going for 15-20k per Fiber. You get 9 Nuts per day at max rank, and it only takes 7 to buy one.

Not bad money.
    (1)
    Last edited by Maeka; 07-08-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Yeah rush isn't the way to go.. I normally gather all of my materials anyway. On Balmung I didn't have the gil to buy them and on Mateus the market is trying to figure out where it stands due to the influx of players. So t's safer wallet wise to take the time to gather the items or buy the cheaper ones off the auction house. My main kicker has been being unable to HQ my 55 quests .. my melded 50 gear finally is showing it's age and I wasn't sure how much time I should invest into the scrips or not (they weren't a thing when I last touched Crafting).

I might be unable to afford to buy the 62 stuff off the market at the moment but I may be able to get mats and get someone to help with the crafting. The levels and being unable to hq (probably improper rotation. on my part) is putting a huge damper in my leveling from leves
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arduina Cutter
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    i too found he release of Stormblood somewhat overwhelming with my crafters hovering around 55/58 - i decided to go for the AF scrip gear for each job - have four so far - am lvling the crafters together - the only 'rushing' i'm doing is getting my gathers up as fast as possible - then they'll all be ready for lvl 63 gear skipping the need for bloodhempen 61 set - as i'm already at the 190 gear lvl - once i can farm mats with gatherers i can then craft 63 gear and that's where i feel the real work in Stormblood begins - either way i'm loving it - crafted first bloodhempen and loquat juice today - man that felt good - all at lvl 60 with blue scrips crafting gear - 70 is going to be a blast - wow - prudent seems to be a gift before the recipes get past the 1 star point! peace
    (0)
    British photographer. love films, coffee and gaming! FFXIV ARR and GW2 Fan. Lover of all Apple products!

Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I think the accessories is where I'm finding a wall. Even for my gatherers.. Forget buying them off the market with how unsteady it is on my server after the rush of people... I'm not that rich haha..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    If you bring everything up relatively evenly (Gatherers a little ahead of crafters due to the need for materials) you should be able to create your own accessories as you level up to them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast