Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Katt Farrell
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I have seen a few machinists hitting over 3k on susie ex ... I don't think that's too shabby for dps.
    (0)
    80 Bard - Brynhildr
    IGN : Katt Farrell Hydaelyn's Thirteen <13>

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    It's very bad compared to what the other jobs are doing, and that's what matters. That kind of damage was what people were doing in the last wing of Alexander at level 60.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rigel Regulus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    The sample size of Machinist parses is also very low compared to other jobs for the time being.
    Gee I wonder why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarBunz View Post
    I have seen a few machinists hitting over 3k on susie ex ... I don't think that's too shabby for dps.
    Unless I die I usually can hit in the 3.2-3.3 range on susan. This is without dropping a single CD, wasting a single shot, mismanaging my heat, or making a single mistake. So if I play at 100% proficiency I can just barely edge out over people who haven't even figured out how to optimize their rotation. Never you mind what happens to the charts when I play with members of my FC.
    (0)
    Last edited by Elnidfse; 07-01-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vayne Kaonis
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    At 90th percentile, aka the best 10% of people, the average difference between MCH and BRD is roughly 60 dps. Source: Susano Lakshmi
    Isn't that kind of the problem though? MCH brings less utility, so you'd expect them to be able to do more damage. If BRD can essentially do the same damage with a much larger repertoire of utility, then why bring a MCH?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
    Isn't that kind of the problem though? MCH brings less utility, so you'd expect them to be able to do more damage.
    Sure, MCH could use some buffs. But so could BLM, DRG and SMN.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rosenthal Hogire
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    P.S. Cooldown needs a better name.
    Would "Thermal Expulsion" be a good rename for Cooldown?

On Topic: I think they got the heat management a bit more right in PvP. It's a very different feeling class but still. Hot shot generates 25 heat so when you do overheat, once Gauss Barrel is ready to go, it only takes 2 GCD's to get back into the sweet spot at 50 heat. I'm surprised it's not the same in PvE.
    (0)
    YouTube.com/c/iBluairjgr

Player
    Character
    Jezebeth Soulkeeper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    We dont care for all kind of changes just bump dps 25 % plain, simple and easy fix
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner_iBluAirJGR View Post
    On Topic: I think they got the heat management a bit more right in PvP. It's a very different feeling class but still. Hot shot generates 25 heat so when you do overheat, once Gauss Barrel is ready to go, it only takes 2 GCD's to get back into the sweet spot at 50 heat. I'm surprised it's not the same in PvE.
    There's a reason the heat mechanic seems a lot more thought out in PvP - it's unpredictable in a way fundamentally different from PvE, and there are a lot of weaknesses the default heat management system has that wouldn't fly in that environment.

You can see it in the ways they altered machinist abilities in PvP, hot shot giving 25 heat when under 50, and an 'instant overheat' button and so on. In PvP you need to be able to initiate burst on demand at unpredictable times because, quite frankly, you'll lose if you don't, it's just the nature of the mode. Having to spend 5-10 GCDs slowly ramping up simply isn't acceptable, nor is having to count GCDs backwards and add up heat in your head to make sure you overheat at exactly the right moment you need to.

Unfortunately this kind of clunkiness and lack of precision is apparently fine in PvE, I suppose they expect you to just deal with it since fights are scripted anyway. It'll mean that even if potencies get buffed and the job performs fine on the surface, it won't fundamentally get any more fun to play since the real problems are with the design of the heat system itself.
    (0)
    Last edited by Myon88; 07-02-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Character
    Reika Hanehara
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Those ahead of my Machinist who can play the job well find themselves in the ballpark of 10% less. Someone has to be last.

A few tweaks fine. But lets not pretend a little challenge compared to the braindead 1234 of every other job, and thus a slightly lower metric, requires another huge overhaul. Game is boring enough as it is. Overall output could be tuned with the most minor potency adjustments and people optimising their gameplay. From a non-direct comparison to other classes, people on server linkshells seem to find their dps fine; and as I level, so do I.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rigel Regulus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindiori View Post
    Those ahead of my Machinist who can play the job well find themselves in the ballpark of 10% less. Someone has to be last.

A few tweaks fine. But lets not pretend a little challenge compared to the braindead 1234 of every other job, and thus a slightly lower metric, requires another huge overhaul. .
    1) Being last place is fine. Being below your sister job when played at equal levels of skill is not okay when BRD also brings more utility.
    2) Thinking that this is an argument established by people who haven't mastered their gameplan is incorrect.
    And to that argument
    3) Nobody is asking for an overhaul. They're asking for tweaks. And "minor potency" adjustments aren't going to close the currently existing gap between us and BRD.
    (2)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast